Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times

Advertisements

And for the record, Barack's mother is dead.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,557,496 times
Let's put it this way, whether or not Obama was born out of wedlock is not an issue either, but the Repubs were certainly having a field day with it.

Do I care if he was born out of wedlock? No. Do I care if Palin was knocked up before she got married? No. Do I care if Palin's daughter is currently knocked up? No. But I don't like the Repubs trying to make her family look like the Cleavers, and making excuses for her, when if the situation was reversed they'd be crucifying whoever the Dem candidate was. It IS hypocritical.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:32 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I read it and chose not to comment. What's to comment on? The only thing I had a comment about is that you said I was acting like a mod and I asked how you came up with that...the rest of your four-point outline was of no interest to me at all.
I never asked you to comment on anything. You stated Obama was my leader, I stated that I think he is an idiot as is Mccain.

I stated you are acting like a Mod because you stated "Obama asked you not to do that" as if you were telling me through that Obama statement to drop it. To me you were attempting to moderate my posts.

Quote:
Both of his daughters might become pregnant out of wedlock, and so might yours!
I MIGHT win the lottery, but you don't see me buying boats, houses or airplanes. If your argument is a "might" then you seriously need some more ammunition.

Quote:
And Barack was born out of wedlock, so I'd be careful about throwing stones.
If his mother comes back from the dead and runs for POTUS then her family values will come into question as to how she a) raises her child and expects others to raise theirs and b) her views on abortion, bastard children and pre-marital sex.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,266,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OMG! Palin has a vagina, and it has been USED!!!! Oh dear god in heaven, a woman with working sexual organs....when will the insanity stop?

Her religion is a debatable issue.
Her views on terrorism, the war in iraq and how to deal with both are real issues.
Whether or not palin was a virgin when she got married, whether she was pregnant when she got married is irrelevent to any type of political discussion. Plus, it makes obamatrons look like --well, not like reasonable, rational folks.
he -he he -he ah she said vagina he- he he- he he

Old 08-25-2014, 12:29 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post

The Republican party is the party of family values??
Of course they are!?

What is more valuable than being forced to carry a fetus you don't want and can't pay for?
Then NOT WANTING to pay taxes to help the woman pay to feed the now child,
then NOT WANTING to pay taxes so it can go to school,
then NOT WANTING to pay the social workers that are needed to monitor unwanted children who are abused,
then NOT WANTING to pay for addiction treatment so the parents can try and raise their kids,
then NOT WANTING to fund the foster homes and homeless shelters for the places these kids often end up,
then NOT WANTING their taxes to subsidize Welfare and disability where many of these unwanted kids often end up?

Don't you know that Republican family values means having a family they value and F all the others less intelligent & less well in any other "conceivable" way then them?

Pro-breeding: the totality of Republican family values.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 AM

PS- That fetus aborted, may have been the next uni - bomber.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Of course they are!?

What is more valuable than being forced to carry a fetus you don't want and can't pay for?
Then NOT WANTING to pay taxes to help the woman pay to feed the now child,
then NOT WANTING to pay taxes so it can go to school,
then NOT WANTING to pay the social workers that are needed to monitor unwanted children who are abused,
then NOT WANTING to pay for addiction treatment so the parents can try and raise their kids,
then NOT WANTING to fund the foster homes and homeless shelters for the places these kids often end up,
then NOT WANTING their taxes to subsidize Welfare and disability where many of these unwanted kids often end up?

Don't you know that Republican family values means having a family they value and F all the others less intelligent & less well in any other "conceivable" way then them?

Pro-breeding: the totality of Republican family values.
just out of curiosity, was there really a reason for bringing up a thread that has been buried for 6 years?

I also think you need to do a little research before posting because you know absolutely nothing about what the Republicans value...Have you bothered to check on what party gives the most to charity for starters or what party does the volunteer work at food banks, thrift shops, etc? You might also check and see how many Republican friends you have, if any, that are 100% pro life versus pro choice.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
just out of curiosity, was there really a reason for bringing up a thread that has been buried for 6 years?

I also think you need to do a little research before posting because you know absolutely nothing about what the Republicans value...Have you bothered to check on what party gives the most to charity for starters or what party does the volunteer work at food banks, thrift shops, etc? You might also check and see how many Republican friends you have, if any, that are 100% pro life versus pro choice.

Because it showed up in my feed. Because i felt like addressing the hypocrisy of "family values" which I never see a addressed anywhere else. Because of the right to free speech.

I don't have many Republican friends but 100% of them are pro-life.

I have done extensive research on the R party platform. I am not widely familiar with their charity contribution patterns outside of the statistic that they are more likely to donate to churches and fund church services (eg, food pantries) but IF the R party gives the most to OTHER charities, then great! I am happy to see they are not contradicting themselves in that they want less government and expect the people to fund human services.

Unfortunately, not all necessary charities will get funded this way (eg, mental health services provided by non secular organizations.) Moreover, i am unsure if by your statement that the charity donations are based on a few donors giving great sums or many donors giving smaller sums. I would hope it would be the latter but I suspect it is not.

I'm hoping this is not one of those skewed statistics such as the other cited yet hardly examined stat that shows the rate of pay to workers has increased since the 1980s, yet when you look closer, that is only because the CEO pay has increased as has the wage gap.

But IF Rs DO actually donate more PER PERSON and to other agencies in addition to churches then thank you! Please keep up the good work!

Old 08-25-2014, 03:27 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
"Did Sarah Palin conceive a child out of wedlock!! Where are the Family Values?"

That's silly, you don't have a family to value until you get knocked up.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:00 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Q: What do Todd Palin, Pat Robertson, Ronald Reagan and Jesse Jackson, Sr. all have in common?

A: They all had their first child born less than 8 months after they were married. You can look it up.

In the fifties and sixties many of the brides went to the altar with a bun in the oven.
Quote:
Contemporary studies showed one-third to one-half of teenage marriages had pregnant brides.
Sixties brought changes in abortion attitudes | CJOnline.com
Quote:
Beyond doubt, most people stayed strictly within the bounds of propriety, but in the mid to late 1700s, more than one girl in three was pregnant when she walked down the aisle. In parts of Britain, 50 percent of brides were great with child.
Courtship, Sex, and the Single Colonist : The Colonial Williamsburg Official History & Citizenship Site

Can we get to the political issues now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies