Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Palins family life is not anything like mine so she doesn't speak for me. I think hunting animals from a helicopter is cowardly. I think you should have children when you're married and use birth control if you're not planning to have any. Perhaps she speaks for YOU????
I think you're far from an outdoorsman who doesn't understand how that works. Same with me - I have always said if it was up to ME to kill animals to feed myself, I would definitely be a vegetarian because I couldn't do it. But I think hunting the way it is done in Alaska is probably a lot more humane than in slaughterhouses all over the US. Plus those animals live in the wild, not confined in cages their entire lives like animals destined for the slaughterhouse. But back on topic: I won't condemn her for helicopter hunting because I know nothing about hunting. People attacking her for doing that are probably people either who know nothing about hunting, or people who don't like her anyway (she does have a stellar approval rating, but she shook things up and naturally made some enemies). So I don't trust that.

About pregnancy/marriage. She was married when she had Track. We don't know if she was pregnant when she got married. He could have been premature; nothing is proven, and to run a smear campaign based on assumptions you want to be true is ridiculous. And even if she WAS pregnant when she got married- is it my place or yours to condemn her for that? I don't think so.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Don't forget, Obama was born out of wedlock.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The fact that Obama has asked you to stop this means nothing?

Keept it up! Fine with me, because the more you bash, the better for McCain-Palin.
A) Don't care what Barack Obama thinks.....he is an idiot
B) He never called me directly so he did not ask ME to do anything
C) I don't recall seeing you listed as a Moderator so why are you attempting to act like one?
D) This is an anonymous forum full of people ranting and raving, posting false information and pretty much acting a fool during work hours. Lighten up [Mod edited]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: Lets not start another flame war, I have enough going on already

Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Lies? Assumptions? It's very unflattering for Barack Obama when you continue your smear campaign. And if you haven't noticed, it's not working.

And Barack was born out of wedlock, so I'd be careful about throwing stones.
Barack's MOTHER is NOT running for office...Barack is..

Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Don't forget, Obama was born out of wedlock.
But his kids weren't showing that he learned from that "mistake". What has Bristol learned other than she has to marry her "fiance" to further her mother's political ambitions?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
You guys complain that she hasn't spoken yet, and then you claim she "tries so hard to be the party of family values." If she hasn't spoken, how can you say she is trying to be the party of family values? Sheesh. She said in her acceptance speech that her family is just like every other family. You are just waiting for her to say something - anything - so you can attack it. So I think she's smart to hold back for now and then come out swinging.
Yes , she is too cowardly to address the press or too unprepared to be VP. However, it hasn't stopped her from parading her family in public. At the grocery store I saw her face and her kid's faces on two magazine covers.

She is a REPUBLICAN , the "family values" party

And she lied...her family is NOT like every other family..what an arrogant statement! I know families with MUCH higher standards !

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
But his kids weren't showing that he learned from that "mistake". What has Bristol learned other than she has to marry her "fiance" to further her mother's political ambitions?
Both of his daughters might become pregnant out of wedlock, and so might yours! You haven't learned from your mistake attacking Palin. You are making her more and more popular and going against what your leader Obama has asked you to do - stop with the attacks.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Both of his daughters might become pregnant out of wedlock, and so might yours! You haven't learned from your mistake attacking Palin. You are making her more and more popular and going against what your leader Obama has asked you to do - stop with the attacks.
Obama is NOT my "leader". Democrats can think for themselves and do not have to fall in line with what their"leaders " say...only repubs like dictators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
A) Don't care what Barack Obama thinks.....he is an idiot
B) He never called me directly so he did not ask ME to do anything
C) I don't recall seeing you listed as a Moderator so why are you attempting to act like one?
D) This is an anonymous forum full of people ranting and raving, posting false information and pretty much acting a fool during work hours. Lighten up [Mod edited]
Um...how am I attempting to act like a mod?

You got the posting false information right. Again I ask - how's that workin for ya? It's not it's working in McCain's favor.

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I believe you seem to be confusing "family values" with religious values.
Plenty of people -- lots of 'em Republicans,and the loudest ones, no less -- do this on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies