Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:56 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,219,048 times

Advertisements

SCARY ain't it? Imagine in a few years when she hits Menopause!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And yet you had ZERO problem with the libs doing it with names like "Mcsame"
and "Chimpy" and Sarah Failin" et al...where was your outrage then?
Well, gee, ELOrocks, don't you see the difference? They are Republicans.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Once again, I considered the mutation of the names of the Republican politicians to be bad form as well, and expressed that opinion on several occasions. Elrocks should get his facts straight before he starts making silly accusations.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:28 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.

The current economic crisis to which you refer was cause by Democrats using and abusing the CRA along with community groups like ACORN to force lenders to grant mortgages to blacks with bad credit for houses in neighborhood where the value of homes always go down. Sen. McCain co-sponsored S.190 in 2005 and the White House was calling for GSE oversight reform from 2001 on. Obama may have done something about the run away GSEs but he was too busy having his pockets lined by the same entities. Only Dodd got more Fannie and Freddie money that Obama. Since the election the Dow has lost a third of its value because Obama keeps saying stupid things like now is a good time to start raising taxes, or we should borrow another trillion from China to pay for his political payola bill. Problem is China can't purchase any more of our debt because their broke too. So they announced that they can only purchase the new debt if they are permitted to run a larger trade surplus with us. Any of his investment banker buddies able to see the problem with that senerio? With the markets still reeling with that nonsensical policy he comes out with Cap and Trade. Hey Obama, India and China are going to burn all the coal they can get their hands on regardless of what we do. That means our exports will be even more expensive compared to the third world's. And don't let the fact that it has been getting colder for some time now confuse you. Global warming is a fact, it just happens to be getting colder during global warming. Have you seen any of those hockey sick graphs lately? Know why? It got cold, really cold. Global warming is a hoax! Haven't you seen the posts on this forum asking if he is deliberately trying to destroy the US/world economy. No, your new president is a moron. The elite left looked the other way because they wanted a black president no matter what and a white trash candidate who had to work her way through non-Ivy League colleges was never going to do. Investment bankers are like economist, ask six of them the same question and you'll get seven answers. So what we have now is a tripling of the deficit that the left was harping about just a few months ago with a new 4 trillion dollar budget on the way. Any big surprise that investors are taking their money out of the markets until someone intelligent is back in control?

Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
SCARY ain't it? Imagine in a few years when she hits Menopause!
Wonder what the Dow will be at then?

Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Just one of Biden's screw ups:
YouTube - Joe Biden Forgets The Name of the Recovery Website

Just type in Biden gaffes on you tube. There's plenty. That man is an idiot if ever there was one.
Funny, I thought this thread was supposed to be about Palin, not Biden. In any event, everyone forgets minor details occasionally. I've given Sarah many a pass on stuff like that, and I'll give Biden a pass, too.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Wonder what the Dow will be at then?
i think it's going to start at 00000000000000000001002)00000003-4 -5 -5-5-6-6

Old 03-07-2009, 04:47 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
y are u so hardon sarra palin she is the sweetest candydate that ever could run for the next pregnancy could i get a lick on that lolly pop please..

Old 03-07-2009, 04:54 PM

MOMONKEY

Whew.

Been listening to FUX NEWS huh.

Ever consider broadening you information stream? Like change the channel.

Sorry honey but your sounding like a Racist,or Fascist.

I cannot tell you how bad I feel for the losses of them rich folks in America. Must really suck to be them.

Imagine what these phony rich country club clowns did to the working folks and their pensions.

You should think before you Greed, or was it a Sorority thing?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM

CRUXAN

Sorry,.. My Dog gots first dibs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies