Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Folks, look at accomplishments.

How many rich engineers do you see that can't even properly talk?

And how many great debaters or speakers do you see that have little money because all they know to do is talk?

You see these types of people at work.

People equate speech to intelligence. Speech does not always equate to intelligence although in my opinion Palin has a LOT to work on because her interview skills really suck. She has prepared speech skills but her interview skills really need a huge overhaul.

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?
Most engineers do occasionally have to present their work, though.
They have to Know What They Are Talking About.
Even Ronald Reagan, a B actor, was able to get an idea across, and he became known as the Great Communicator.
I just don't think Sarah Palin has a whole lot of depth to back up her pitbull persona.
As for Obama, I don't know where you get this "any Black man" business.
Anyway, I think he can handle the responsibility. To me, real leadership is getting people to believe in their own abilities so that you are able to visualize--and delegate. I think he has shown that he can do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM

443 posts, read 2,136,260 times
""""Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?""""

No accomplishments..no leadership to show!!!! Ya um ok...it's one thing to be in support of Palin but to distort the facts about Obama and then inject race into it....please.....his resume far surpases hers...

Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 AM

503 posts, read 937,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.

Wow and Biden is better give me a break, that guy needs a muzzle. Palin is not a normal Politician, she does not play the political games. Trust me I have no ploblem voting for someone with an 85% approval rating like she does. I dont know of any other politician with that kind of approval. Nice try though.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Wait wait, so she was just trying to "fool" us all into THINKING she's a moron in the Gibson and Couric interviews? She's been saving it all up for the debate so she can really WOW people?
It's a helluva strategy, dontcha know. The old surprise switcherooney. 'Cause surprise is what energizes the party, you betcha.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
I care about people who can solve problems rather than having a walking encyclopedia who can spout out history from their memories. Any information can easily be researched from the Internet. If she needs to solve a US problem, she can easily research for history of what worked and what didn't work and formulate a solution. She is not stupid or she would not be where she is at.
If the only qualification for president is to be able to get information off the Internet, why don't we just pick names out of a hat?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
Quote:
She is not stupid or she would not be where she is at.
Really?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Folks, look at accomplishments.

How many rich engineers do you see that can't even properly talk?

And how many great debaters or speakers do you see that have little money because all they know to do is talk?

You see these types of people at work.

People equate speech to intelligence. Speech does not always equate to intelligence although in my opinion Palin has a LOT to work on because her interview skills really suck. She has prepared speech skills but her interview skills really need a huge overhaul.

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?
Usually, intelligent people are able to speak well. They kinda go together.........and ah'm so sorry that Obama is so uppity that he actually thinks he could be President. Doesn't he know that he's supposed to stay in his place?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:43 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If the only qualification for president is to be able to get information off the Internet, why don't we just pick names out of a hat?
That cannot be done because
(a) you wouldn't know if the pick has 5 children (Palin says she is "real" because of this accomplishment)
(b) you wouldn't know which countries the pick could see from their house
(meaning, no foreign policy experience).
Won't work!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:47 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,635 times
The two presidential candidates are hogwash.

So the people you should be kissing right now to get what you want is the CONGRESS because they will be running the country for the next 4 years. We have two idiot candidates for presidents.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Wow and Biden is better give me a break, that guy needs a muzzle. Palin is not a normal Politician, she does not play the political games. Trust me I have no ploblem voting for someone with an 85% approval rating like she does. I dont know of any other politician with that kind of approval. Nice try though.
If you think she's not a normal politician, why don't you look into troopergate. Who CARES what her approval rating is! have you heard the woman SPEAK recently??? Did you watch the interviews???? She is an IDIOT. (And where did you get the 85% approval rating - the highest I heard was 80%)
I would rather have a candidate who can form a coherent sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies