Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times

Advertisements

Palin will do great in this debate.....She's been waiting to share w/us her real skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Not as dumb as dirty joe biden is.
So stupid man, just completely and utterly stupid.

Get real!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM

502 posts, read 1,380,576 times
I have to admit that I get a good laugh out of all the Nobama fans and their trying to make Palin look bad. If she was half as bad as you people would like her to be you would be jumping for joy.
The fact of the matter is she scares the *&^% out of you all because she just might carry Mccain to the White House

Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.
obama's call me if you need me does not inspire confidence in his big brain......

Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
.....trying to make Palin look bad.
Nope, no body has to try. It is what it is.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,635 times
Palin dumb? She's smart - she got herself to be a VP -running mate. It could have been easily a man.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
I have to admit that I get a good laugh out of all the Nobama fans and their trying to make Palin look bad. If she was half as bad as you people would like her to be you would be jumping for joy.
The fact of the matter is she scares the *&^% out of you all because she just might carry Mccain to the White House
Are you people out of your friggin minds? The only person who makes Palin look bad, is Palin.

Some of us actually care about our country, and contrary to McCain's "Country first" rhetoric, we're not excited to see some ditz up there unable to answer softball questions. She can't even provide an answer in with correct sentence structure for chrissake. Doesn't this bother you? What happened to country first? That's McCain's mantra right? You think this lady is the best America can do? Are you a total idiot or what?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Palin dumb? She's smart - she got herself to be a VP -running mate. It could have been easily a man.
exactly - spot on

Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM

I can't believe how ****ing stupid some of you are!!!!

SO STUPID!!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 PM

702 posts, read 2,296,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
"I don't think Palin is the least bit dumb"

YouTube - Sarah Palin CBS Interview Foreign Policy Alaska, Canada, and Russia Equals Foreign Policy Cred

Would you care to revise your statement?
Here's the thing - dumb really isn't the right word. She's just totally unqualified, inexperienced, and as many others have stated - she's in way over her head. Sure, she can stand up and give a speech in front of thousands of people, but she's not really saying anything at all. Fluffy, padded monologues and canned answers that truly have no substance and are quite incomprehensible.

She probably got an A in her college Speech class. So did I. Pretty much anyone can stand up and give a speech under prepared conditions. She's not "dumb", it's just not the right job for her and I'm pretty sure she's aware of that. I imagine she's experiencing extreme pressure and stress right now.

I'm not standing up for her, because on a personal basis I think she's an absolute pig and if she and I spent an afternoon together there would probably be a knock-down fight.

I guess my point is that she's nothing special and she's managed to climb a ladder without really having earned it, possibly because she wears lipstick and shoots guns. Certainly we have all had bosses or managers who were totally incompetent - I have - yet they were in charge. Same thing here.

What's discouraging are people who relentlessly support her because of the Republican label. Republican or not, she ain't got it. Just today I heard someone say how discouraged - and embarrassed - they felt about the latest series of McCain/Palin speeches...but "gosh darnit, they're Republicans so I guess I have to vote for them!" How about supporting something you feel proud of instead?

Step down now and save yourself the agony later. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies