Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The two presidential candidates are hogwash.

So the people you should be kissing right now to get what you want is the CONGRESS because they will be running the country for the next 4 years. We have two idiot candidates for presidents.
Congress is supposed to run the Country.

That's their job. It's why they're elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Congress is supposed to run the Country.

That's their job. It's why they're elected.
Legislative branch will be the brains. The executive branch will be useless.

But the legislative branch will think of ways for the executive branch to sign the bills.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:10 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Folks, look at accomplishments.

How many rich engineers do you see that can't even properly talk?

And how many great debaters or speakers do you see that have little money because all they know to do is talk?

You see these types of people at work.

People equate speech to intelligence. Speech does not always equate to intelligence although in my opinion Palin has a LOT to work on because her interview skills really suck. She has prepared speech skills but her interview skills really need a huge overhaul.

Obama to me is just full of hot air. He reminds me of any arrogant Black man who really has no real accomplishments and leadership to show. He fools people by his great speeches and debates but how far will he go?
Engineers aren't paid to speak, they are paid to make stuff happen and make stuff work.

If you are in the business of running a country and making speeches to get your point across ... sweetiepie LANGUAGE SKILLS AND BEING ARTICULATE DO MATTER!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.
I wouldn't call her "dumb" but I would call her "average", and any president, VP, senator, congress person, or governor should be above average. If you look only at people in those positions, she's below average. That's just not good enough.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:09 PM

52 posts, read 102,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm not a Republican, but I will say that Palin is more intelligent, strong, wise, and a more all around leader than Obama will ever be.
Sure you're not a Republican. Don't think by saying that before you make that statement means your opinion is unbiased, or your argument is somehow stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I wouldn't say she's dumb ... she's naive. I've always held that Obama is naive, but Palin's naive redefines naive. She's acting like a GD beauty queen out there and the republicans are lapping it up like mother's milk.
Not all. Many of the Republicans I've spoken to are absolutely gobsmacked by McCain's choice of a vice president. They still think its time for him to choose someone else (Romney, etc). But its too late now. Mind you, many of the GOP don't agree with McCain as the nomination to begin with. Nice going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
She gave a tough interview. Isn't that what journalists are supposed to do? Isn't that what any political candidate should be EXPECTING?

And I'm sorry, if someone's person sense of confidence could really be crushed by Katie Couric, then that's NOT the type of person I'd want 2nd in line to be president.
Exactly. (God what would people say if she was interviewed by Diane Sawyer?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Wow and Biden is better give me a break, that guy needs a muzzle. Palin is not a normal Politician, she does not play the political games. Trust me I have no ploblem voting for someone with an 85% approval rating like she does. I dont know of any other politician with that kind of approval. Nice try though.
Still fooled by that "washington outsider" bull**** aren't you... (85% approval rating? Troopergate withstanding?) Gee willickers, you may be on to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I wouldn't call her "dumb" but I would call her "average", and any president, VP, senator, congress person, or governor should be above average. If you look only at people in those positions, she's below average. That's just not good enough.
AMEN. I will never understand what is this appeal of "she's just a normal everyday person like me!" I don't want an average person to run the most powerful country in the world, to be in second in command. Seriously folks, are you out of your mind? Listen to yourselves. Would you want an "average person" to be your doctor, your lawyer, your technician, your assistant, your secretary? No, right? You want someone who knows what they're doing right? Someone who knows more than the average person. Oh but that makes them elitist LOL.

Last edited by the floacist; 10-11-2008 at 10:20 PM..

Old 03-06-2009, 07:18 PM

404 posts, read 560,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Saying that Palin is scary is a gross understatement.
True, but then look what the source is

Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 AM

358 posts, read 472,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walksalone View Post
No one, in office or running for office, has ever dealt with a situation like this. I don't think Palin is the least bit dumb .... but this thread just might qualify!
I agree with you. Sarah Palen is not at all dumb. The Beverly Hillbillies were not dumb either. They were about as smart as they come in the while they were in the moutains. They sure did not look too smart in the hills, Beverly that is now did they.

Face it if you google unqualified her picture pops up. She liked colleges so much she attended what 5?

She fell into the Gov job when her opponent had an untimely corruption scandal pop up.

I have never seen a comedy routine done as Tina Fey did w/o with no script change and even the acting was almost just attempting to parrot her as she was in front of Couric.

This woman is reasonably smart I would give her 115 to 125 IQ, but that does not change the fact that she is an uneducated boob. She has more Assemblies of God religious dragons roaming around behind those glasses than one can imagine, she has gotten by on her looks and her ability to BS her way through. When you are dealing with professionals like Gibson or Couric the BS does not wash, now does it?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:27 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
Geez get over it. Even most of the Republicans didn't support her.

I don't think she's dumb. She's done a great job with Alaska. But that's were she should stay.

It's over, you won. Next.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Not a horror story, more like the keystone cops comedy style.
The same could be said about Dubya's pick for Supreme Court Chief Justice.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,799 times
Just one of Biden's screw ups:
YouTube - Joe Biden Forgets The Name of the Recovery Website

Just type in Biden gaffes on you tube. There's plenty. That man is an idiot if ever there was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies