Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Gets me to thinking. What have Conservatives done for America?
Boston Tea Party
The Constution
Stopped communism from entering the USA
And got people off of their lazy butts...

OH WAIT...they provided people like you with a job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Boston Tea Part>>>>>>>>>>>radical leftists
The Constution>>>>>>>>> Radical Leftists, If you think otherwise you don't know your history.

But I will help you, the term for Conservatives at the time of our revolutions was.............. Loyalists, not rebels.
Stopped communism from entering the USA>>>>>>>>> Uh, it entered, it is still here. Besides, what party controlled congress during the cold war?
And got people off of their lazy butts...>>>>>> That statement cannot be supported by any form of evidence, and is the intellectual equivalent of blowing smoke rings

OH WAIT...they provided people like you with a job!>>>>>... Not me, I live off the labor of thousands of illegal immigrants.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Boston Tea Part>>>>>>>>>>>radical leftists
The Constution>>>>>>>>> Radical Leftists, If you think otherwise you don't know your history.

But I will help you, the term for Conservatives at the time of our revolutions was.............. Loyalists, not rebels.
Stopped communism from entering the USA>>>>>>>>> Uh, it entered, it is still here. Besides, what party controlled congress during the cold war?
And got people off of their lazy butts...>>>>>> That statement cannot be supported by any form of evidence, and is the intellectual equivalent of blowing smoke rings

OH WAIT...they provided people like you with a job!>>>>>... Not me, I live off the labor of thousands of illegal immigrants.
enough with nonsense about who was what when, bottom line: TODAY conservatives are the ones who hate communism, its the libs who are trotting down to kiss castros feet. its common knowledge the libs wanted to talk with and appease their man of the year Gorbachev, conservatives wanted to nuke em. if chavez was American he certainly wouldnt be a republican he would join his buddy joe kennedy and the dems. the libs are the ones who are always wishing we were more like the french and canadians, the conservatives are the ones who believe that we are and always should be the one and only super power and yes, we are better than the rest of the world.

Last edited by silas777; 02-20-2007 at 07:13 PM..

Old 02-20-2007, 07:29 PM

355 posts, read 842,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeagley View Post
the conservatives are the ones who believe that we are and always should be the one and only super power and yes, we are better than the rest of the world.
You're in for a wake-up call not too far into the future. In case you haven't heard, China is one of the world's largest creditors and the grand ol' US of A is her biggest client. The U.S. is no longer the world's only super power, nor will it ever return to such status.

Which conservative leaders have you been listening to lately?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
You're in for a wake-up call not too far into the future. In case you haven't heard, China is one of the world's largest creditors and the grand ol' US of A is her biggest client. The U.S. is no longer the world's only super power, nor will it ever return to such status.

Which conservative leaders have you been listening to lately?
i hear you loud and clear and im not happy about it but i certainly dont see any libs willing to get tough with the chicoms!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:12 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayeagley View Post
i hear you loud and clear and im not happy about it but i certainly dont see any libs willing to get tough with the chicoms!
Who do you think is financing this war in Iraq? I don't hear any conservative voices screaming "Wait! I WANT TO PAY MORE TAXES!!" So, we end up borrowing from the Chinese instead.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Who do you think is financing this war in Iraq? I don't hear any conservative voices screaming "Wait! I WANT TO PAY MORE TAXES!!" So, we end up borrowing from the Chinese instead.
But, but, but.... Republicans are the fiscally responsible party!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 PM

355 posts, read 842,647 times
When you continue to cut taxes and you continue to spend millions if not billions a month on a war, then you're going to get into debt. Perhaps Bush should've RAISED taxes when we invaded Iraq, you know, back when everyone still supported him and the war effort.

I don't know if any sort of tax amount will decrease our dependence on China and the strength of the dollar, so who really knows.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Yup, and inasmuch as my reputation system won't allow it; applause here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
When you continue to cut taxes and you continue to spend millions if not billions a month on a war, then you're going to get into debt. Perhaps Bush should've RAISED taxes when we invaded Iraq, you know, back when everyone still supported him and the war effort.

I don't know if any sort of tax amount will decrease our dependence on China and the strength of the dollar, so who really knows.
The entire war has been financed by China -- and the worse part is that money only accounts for 1/4 of the money we are borrowing every year! China is quickly approaching the point to where they will have $1 TRILLION US DOLLARS in their reserves. What do they need this money for? Yeah, they can buy oil with it NOW, while OPEC is still taking dollars -- but what happens if OPEC says "Hey! You know these US dollar things you keep giving us every month? They keep losing more and more value. You know, we'd kind of like to get paid in Euros from now on!"

You can really thank GWB for a lot of this since he's the guy who has NEVER vetoed a spending plan in 6 YEARS IN OFFICE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies