Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times

Advertisements

This is the dumbest thread ever! As long as this country is stuck in a two party system everyone can be blamed for its problems.

I believe it is impossible to satisfy every American. It is so diverse now, that electing a Republican or Democrat wont make anyone happy or solve any problems.

There are so many different poilitical, religious beliefs, even languages now. Politicians are more concerned of which major corporation or lobbyist is whispering in their ear while lining their pockets that there will never be any real solution to any American problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 AM

23 posts, read 117,908 times
I have to agree, what a rediculous thread. The real power people (wealth) in America have done a great job keeping everyone else pointing fingers at each other, while they keep laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
This is the dumbest thread ever! As long as this country is stuck in a two party system everyone can be blamed for its problems.

I believe it is impossible to satisfy every American. It is so diverse now, that electing a Republican or Democrat wont make anyone happy or solve any problems.

There are so many different poilitical, religious beliefs, even languages now. Politicians are more concerned of which major corporation or lobbyist is whispering in their ear while lining their pockets that there will never be any real solution to any American problems.
It's tough to disagree with any of this post. It's not really about Democrat and Republican, or liberal and conservative, so much as it is about elite and everyone else.

I have to add that while I also agree that it's impossible to satisfy every American, my aims are much smaller than that. The only American I really care about being satisfied is me. I don't think that's asking for too much

Old 02-21-2007, 09:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
I find the comments that this is a dumb thread to be quite humorous. This thread actually proved my point. In 142 posts no one listed anything the Conservatives have done for the country.
People did confuse what the Republicans and the Democrats were in the 19th century.
People did confuse Monarchists with liberals and our founding fathers with conservatives, during the revolutionary period,
Those show I guess, the failure of our educational system.
The remarks about fiscal conservative too, were way off the mark. In America we have the greater and lessor Federalist parties, and it is no longer possible to detect which is which.

As the world has drifted leftwards since 1776 Conservatives have fought world wide against the expansion of personal liberty exemplified by liberal thought. Liberal= Liberty.

What I was not surprised by is the viciousness with which the conservatives attack Liberals, accusing them of everything except witchcraft.

That too me is the saddest part of American politics. The hate which Conservatives express toward anyone they disagree with. These days it can be directly attributeable to Limbaugh Hannity and their ilk. But it stems in large measure from the pattern created by Joe McCarthy.

Yes, the conservatives will attack me now I suppose, calling me a liberal etc. But, in fact I am a country farm kid, raised in a very conservative church, I voted for Nixon in my first election. My parents are strong supporters of the Republican party and knew not only Reagan but various members of his administration.

Today, I see clearly the hypocritical so called Pro American values of the Conservatives as fueled by hate. I pity this republic, I think it is doomed.

Only about 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberal compared to 40% who identify themselves as conservative, Yet the conservatives preach a constant litany of fear against liberals who will destroy America.

The Conservative constant is fear and hate.

"Shine Perishing Republic, Shine"

Old 02-21-2007, 09:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Well said, GBG.
It's true that our two main political parties have been guilty of both serving the same master, Big Business.
But what you say about fear is so true, and so sad.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
In recapping, the only issue I see you might have left out is how people don't debate they regurgitate what they've heard on the news or even from this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Well said, GBG.
It's true that our two main political parties have been guilty of both serving the same master, Big Business.
But what you say about fear is so true, and so sad.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:15 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I find the comments that this is a dumb thread to be quite humorous. This thread actually proved my point. In 142 posts no one listed anything the Conservatives have done for the country.
People did confuse what the Republicans and the Democrats were in the 19th century.
People did confuse Monarchists with liberals and our founding fathers with conservatives, during the revolutionary period,
Those show I guess, the failure of our educational system.
The remarks about fiscal conservative too, were way off the mark. In America we have the greater and lessor Federalist parties, and it is no longer possible to detect which is which.

As the world has drifted leftwards since 1776 Conservatives have fought world wide against the expansion of personal liberty exemplified by liberal thought. Liberal= Liberty.

What I was not surprised by is the viciousness with which the conservatives attack Liberals, accusing them of everything except witchcraft.

That too me is the saddest part of American politics. The hate which Conservatives express toward anyone they disagree with. These days it can be directly attributeable to Limbaugh Hannity and their ilk. But it stems in large measure from the pattern created by Joe McCarthy.

Yes, the conservatives will attack me now I suppose, calling me a liberal etc. But, in fact I am a country farm kid, raised in a very conservative church, I voted for Nixon in my first election. My parents are strong supporters of the Republican party and knew not only Reagan but various members of his administration.

Today, I see clearly the hypocritical so called Pro American values of the Conservatives as fueled by hate. I pity this republic, I think it is doomed.

Only about 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberal compared to 40% who identify themselves as conservative, Yet the conservatives preach a constant litany of fear against liberals who will destroy America.

The Conservative constant is fear and hate.

"Shine Perishing Republic, Shine"
where to begin, there were plenty of things stated from conservatives, you just dont agree with them therefore none were made. hey! what ever works for you! hate hate, hate , take a look at my posts and the responses to me whos doi'n the hatin, brother! not only as a conservative but the dreaded "social conservative'" i am probably the most hated species out there , you know from the tolerant open minded liberals. but i dont sit around and snivel about it. you have demonstrated my point perfectly in this very post. conservatives are proud and confident in there beliefs, liberals want to hide behind progressive, pragmatic, moderate, talk about thin skin. that 20% are the honest liberals kucinich ,nader. we know that the reason libs dont identify themselves as such is because they know honest open liberalism is deafeated everytime! what is your obsesion with joe mcCarthy ? did you know him also? the guy hated communism how terrible. i am still searching for the vicious hatefull conservative posts!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Aren't you the guy that confused your American history? Hate and fear stem from the same root, one hates what one fears. Conservatives operate from a psychologial loci of fear, that is why they are conservatives.

"liberals" don't hate, they are open to all points of view. These are established psycholgical criteria.

Ya'know, I got all the accoutrement of a Conservative 4x4 truck, weapons, licensed hunting guide, family money comes out of farming, off the backs of thousands of illegal immigrants working hard in the field. I got my conservative bonafides, but I neither hate nor fear anyone or any group. I think some people are just plain silly, like when they say things like this;
"we know that the reason libs dont identify themselves as such is because they know honest open liberalism is deafeated everytime!"

Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Aren't you the guy that confused your American history?
what thats it? thank you! see if we keep digging with you guys we finally get there , i just get tired of the dance! love ya!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Aren't you the guy that confused your American history? Hate and fear stem from the same root, one hates what one fears. Conservatives operate from a psychologial loci of fear, that is why they are conservatives.

"liberals" don't hate, they are open to all points of view. These are established psycholgical criteria.

Ya'know, I got all the accoutrement of a Conservative 4x4 truck, weapons, licensed hunting guide, family money comes out of farming, off the backs of thousands of illegal immigrants working hard in the field. I got my conservative bonafides, but I neither hate nor fear anyone or any group. I think some people are just plain silly, like when they say things like this;
"we know that the reason libs dont identify themselves as such is because they know honest open liberalism is deafeated everytime!"
you are right , i fear communism, i fear terrorists, i fear what liberalism would do to our country if it were aloud to run rampant! call it silly , i call it real! still looking for those vicious hatefull remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies