Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: will you buy an american car now that the automakers got their bailout?
yes 22 30.56%
no 50 69.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 03:09 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I won't buy a big three car as long as lug nut twisters are making three times as much as an aircraft mechanic.
Yep, that is a good reason. NOT!!! But, to each his own. I would buy American over imports any day, but then I care about our country. I even buy American made jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
The whole vehicle isn't going to be made in America to begin with....but I always buy only American named cars because it makes me happier than any other name.

Example: Mitsubishi
The Mitsubushi Zerowas a primary Japanese naval fighter in World War II. It was used by Imperial Japanese Navy pilots in the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 and many other occasions, including in kamikaze attacks in the later stages of the war.

It's just a personal choice.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:27 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the automakers got their bailout / loan.
I was thinking since it is our tax dollars bailing them out, why don't they offer us vehicles with no down payment for every person who comes in with their 2008 tax return? They make less profit, but we buy their cars and put a little money back in our pockets.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Yep, that is a good reason. NOT!!! But, to each his own. I would buy American over imports any day, but then I care about our country. I even buy American made jeans.
OK, this is maybe off topic but what brand of jeans is American made...TELL ME , I am desperate to find American made clothes!

Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,174 times
I have tons of ignition problems with American cars. Probably just my bad luck, but it's been going on since I owned a 72 Camaro. There was a Chevy Monza after that (major carburetor issues that never were resolved by my dealer), then a Fiero GT after that, then a Buick Regal, then a Grand Prix, then a Cavalier RS, then a Blazer, and now another Blazer. Most of them had ignition issues at one time or another - some so bad that I got rid of the car because the dealerships' mechanics just didn't seem to be able to mail it down.

So, I don't know what I will do when my current Blazer is ready to be kicked to the curb. Maybe I will try a Ford this time, though their vehicles just seem to have a chintzy feel to them (the interior especially).

Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, this is maybe off topic but what brand of jeans is American made...TELL ME , I am desperate to find American made clothes!
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ose-asked.html

Old 12-06-2008, 04:35 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,246,283 times
I would never buy a Big 3 car, but three out of my last four vehicles (two Hondas cars and a Toyota pickup) were assembled stateside. Nothing wrong with the auto workers . . .

Old 12-06-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
I would never buy a Big 3 car, but three out of my last four vehicles (two Hondas cars and a Toyota pickup) were assembled stateside. Nothing wrong with the auto workers . . .
I have to wonder why so many of you are so against the Big 3 automakers. I mean, they do make really good vehicles these days. I realize that they were really screwed up back in the 80s, but these days, I think they outdo any of the imports.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
I've always HAD to buy 4x4 crew cab dually to use,but our second vehicles are always Toyotas...IF I ever get to where I don't need a heavy 4x4, I promise I'LL never buy from the "big three" again.Toyota imo is the best out there and I've made more than a few paychecks off them at their AMERICAN plants too.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,246,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I have to wonder why so many of you are so against the Big 3 automakers. I mean, they do make really good vehicles these days. I realize that they were really screwed up back in the 80s, but these days, I think they outdo any of the imports.
For a trouble-free existence the folks who fill out surveys for Consumers Reports and others consistently indicate otherwise . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies