Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why can't you answer that question?
I already did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 PM

It seems some are choosing to try to turn this thread into a "sexist" issue because a woman chooses to use the initials "Mrs". That is pure silliness IMHO.

It is a choice. It is also a choice if a woman wants to take her Husbands last name. No one is forcing the woman to do any of the above.

In short - some are trying to make a Mountain out of less than a Mole Hill

Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I already did
Sorry, went back to post 81 and never saw a post where you stated if you thought it was demeaning to men or not.

A simple "yes" or "no" would suffice.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry, went back to post 81 and never saw a post where you stated if you thought it was demeaning to men or not.
I said I had never given it any thought - and I still see it as a none issue.

"This is my final answer"

Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
I said I had never given it any thought - and I still see it as a none issue.

"This is my final answer"
More like a "weasel out" than an answer....but that's OK, most people don't have an answer for their sexism.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:24 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,351 times
Quote:
FACT: Not everyone has the same mentality

So, your argument is a non sequitur
Not really. You think that by adding "non sequitur" by your opinion it totally invalidates mine? By the way that means does not follow by logic, a logical fallacy. You wanna tell me how that applies to a moral hypothetical? In case you can't see where I am going with this.....IT DOESN'T. That is for something like;" An apple is a fruit, an apple comes from a tree, therefore all fruit comes from trees". See how easy it is to figure that out?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Yes, I understand the Nazi's did that, however I doubt that is what the other posters on here were getting at. How does eugenics have anything to do w/being disgusted by the out of control breeding that woman has been subjected to? It's hardly even close to the same thing.

Here you go Kafar.................one of your contempories perhaps Obviously eugenics is the program to allow only certian types to breed in order to build a certian type of society. Perhaps because you are "disgusted" by what some "consider out of control breeding"???. Forced sterilization is the key to that program............
Get over yourself. Seriously. In case you missed it, I changed my opinion not a page later after I saw that they all weren't on welfare.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I feel pity for the children, a combination of pity and contempt for the mother, and nothing but contempt for the father.
Why????

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., had their eighteenth child Thursday – Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of Jan. 1. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child - Babies : People.com
Glad to hear they had a healthy child

Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Oh, ya, Mrs. not Ms! We MUST know if she is owned or not. We MUST label women according to their availability!! Odd that men don't need that ...they are known as "Mr." no matter what.....maybe that's the reason why so many cheat...THEY don't know that they're "owned".
As a single woman, I see nothing wrong with switching from miss to mrs. once I am married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies