Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 08:34 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's not just those 3%. It's the school children that are able to attend school in peace, the open-air markets that are safe from carbombs, the reconcilation of the 3 factions of Iraqi's, and many, many examples that all will be well there. Thanks to our troops.

Sickofnyc is one of those who will never, ever, not in a million years concede that Iraq is a success and we have victory there - no matter the evidence slapping him in the face - all because of the affliction he has acquired - BDS.
Because sickofnyc knew that Saddam was surprisingly tolerant of religious choices. You saw the photos and ran with the ball, drew your own conclusions and posted this without doing the research first. Saddam's tolerance of secular choices was the very reason that there were not extremists being bred there. Then your boy Bush came along and changed all of that.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:35 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I'm happy to see people having the freedom to celebrate their religion without fear of persecution.
Let's be honest here.

Yes, that is really good news.

However, it involves CHRISTIANS having religious freedom, and it involves Iraq. And there are people on this forum who will NEVER see anything good about either. Period.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Because sickofnyc knew that Saddam was surprisingly tolerant of religious choices. You saw the photos and ran with the ball, drew your own conclusions and posted this without doing the research first. Saddam's tolerance of secular choices was the very reason that there were not extremists being bred there.
Wait a minute.

Are you talking about the Saddam Hussein who lived on THIS planet?

Old 12-25-2008, 08:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Because sickofnyc knew that Saddam was surprisingly tolerant of religious choices. You saw the photos and ran with the ball, drew your own conclusions and posted this without doing the research first. Saddam's tolerance of secular choices was the very reason that there were not extremists being bred there. Then your boy Bush came along and changed all of that.
You go!!!

I am with you on this one..wait..I am with you on everything you post here.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM

Just like how Christians will not see anything good about other religions.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
I think we should get out of Iraq asap and worry about what is going on in Americas soil.
Not going to happen for about three years. Obama wanted to be out by March 2008, meaning a huge defeat for us and the Iraqi's.

Quote:
Because sickofnyc knew that Saddam was surprisingly tolerant of religious choices.
Now I've heard it all from the far, far Left. Are you talking about the Saddam who persecuted, tortured, raped, murdered and slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Kurds and Shias? That Saddam? Who gassed whole villages of men, women and children?

I guess it is hard to give up your hero worship, huh sickofnyc?

Old 12-25-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Not going to happen for about three years. Obama wanted to be out by March 2008, meaning a huge defeat for us and the Iraqi's.

Now I've heard it all from the far, far Left. Are you talking about the Saddam who persecuted, tortured, raped, murdered and slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Kurds and Shias? That Saddam? Who gassed whole villages of men, women and children?

I guess it is hard to give up your hero worship, huh sickofnyc?
No no, THAT Saddam lived on different planet - and had NOTHING to do with the Saddam Hussein, former President of Iraq, on Planet Earth. The Saddam Hussein who live on THIS planet was a more like Ghandi.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Just like how Christians will not see anything good about other religions.
As a Christian, what I like about many other religions is that they adhere to traditional values.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
As a Christian, what I like about many other religions is that they adhere to traditional values.
Thats cool. But it depends which traditional values you look at.

I dont care which traditions people keep as long as it does not deny people rights. (NOT to start a debate here) But this is why I am for gay marriage.

I know you are not though. :-P

I do not look at traditional values really.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Christmas - Yahoo! News Photos

Imagine that! Wonderful news, isn't it? A muslim nation? Celebrating Christmas??

How wonderful that this is happening in Iraq, can you imagine? The Iraqi's seem to have more tolerance than most supposedly tolerant nations. It is so wonderful to see the freedom the Iraqi's now enjoy.
That is wonderful. You have to remember that Iraq is and has been a secular nation. Even under Saddam the country was secular and religion did not play a big role in public life there. And, who knows, maybe this country will celebrate Ramadan one day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies