Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,869,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
One wants to live the other wants to murder the ones that want to live. It's not that clear to you?
I'm actually not sure who you are talking about?? I am pretty certain that all people want the same things in life: freedom and a promising future. The Palestinians have had neither for decades and therefore the cycle of violence.
Do I condone it? No.
Do I understand it? Yes.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:26 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,749,645 times
^^^^^^^^^
While I understand your angst over the issue. One cannot comment on an act without discussing the underlying reasons for that act....

Old 12-27-2008, 11:27 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,021,080 times
Quote:
It's just not the way things are done and it's a crime, plain and simple.
Things are done differently over there. It's an eye for an eye mentality.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,521,785 times
The very definition of Martyr is the opposite of: "I am pretty certain that all people want the same things in life: freedom and a promising future."

Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,846,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
If you want to talk about suicide bombers, then start a thread. I never advocated suicide bombings BTW.

Why can't you and your ilk just admit to the fact that what Israel did is wrong? Why is it so one sided with you people? Can't you support the state of Isreal and still be against some of her practices? Do you advocate air raiding a village at the end of the school day because a member of Hamas might be there? Would you advocate air raiding your street if there were a criminal living there? Can you see the evilness of this act? To some people it's just a news story, but you forget that these are innocent civilians. It's depressing...
It is easy for me to admit that what Israel did is wrong because I am Egyptian and live in the middle east, but it is so hard for some americans to do it because they support Israel completely.

Quote:
We are not talking about suicide bombers, we are talking about Israel bombing the crap out of a town, at a time when kids were getting out of school. WTF?? If you can't see how incredibly inhumane and sick that is, then there is something wrong with you.
I guess you would agree then that Hamas sending their Christmas presents over in the form of rockets is sick and inhumane as well. I think you are deflecting the reasons that the Israeli's retaliate. Hamas and the palestinians are always the ones to start conflict.

29,939 posts, read 39,521,785 times
First convert then destroy. It's been the in thing to do for evil in this past century.

I'm starting to see the driving force behind some of these arguments. It's been the same one of failed policy in the past century with WWI, WWII and The Cold War. Detente`, Containment, Coexistence cannot be achieved when one side (who wants victory) has no moral impairments to murdering. The facts of history have repeated that over and over.

It's not enough that they are reactionary in their defense but in fact some of you would have them disarm and stand in front of the firing squad.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:30 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,696,529 times
actually the birth of Hamas was supported by Israel, by means of causing turmoil within the fairly secular PLO. Israel was allowed to exist because the European nations felt guilty of the Holocaust, I'd say relocate all Israelis to Europe and leave the Palestinians alone

Old 12-27-2008, 11:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,256,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Ever heard of the USS Liberty? Ever heard of Jonathan Pollard? Ever heard of Robert Manning?
Your point is valid as far as saying Israel is not the loyal ally the media and our Elected reps would have us believe. They more than any ally have been caught stealing from us and selling those secrets to our enemies. And for this they receive more foreign aid than any other nation. In fact 50% of all foreign aid finds its way to Israel.
That said it has nothing to do with the latest outbreak in violence.
The Hamas has been attacking Israel for weeks and Israeli civilians are being injured and killed. If Mexico were doing this to Texas I would not only expect my gov to retaliate I would demand it.
The targets were were Hamas compounds. Valid targets... Yes innocents were killed and wounded. That blame falls squarely upon the Humas. The humas knew that Israel would retaliate sooner or later. How could they not? This unnecessary death and pain is a direct result of the Humas....
Word to the wise. If you don't want your azz kicked don't pick a fight with the guy you know will kick your azz.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Would you advocate air raiding your street if there were a criminal living there? Can you see the evilness of this act? To some people it's just a news story, but you forget that these are innocent civilians. It's depressing...
They are more than just 'criminals'. You seem to give the rocket launchers a pass. How would you like to live in a neighborhood under a constant barrage by rockets?

I can almost guarantee you would be screeching for your government to do something.

What was Israel doing before Hamas started launching their rockets? Answer; Nothing. Israel was not air-raiding or bombing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies