Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times

Advertisements

Thanks, James, I was just thinking the same thing about Ovcatto's post, above. Just paste and repeat as needed.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:23 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
To hcgCali, thanks to you and all the others for the advice but I will continue to post anything new I come across. I respect your ability to research and write with such a mordacious style, however, I feel after this last post that you are a bit proud of yourself, and perceive yourself to be the final word in all matters you bother to take up. Looking forward to your next post as I am sure you are mine.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
You know, I was excited about the information that you mentioned about George Bush (which happened to be provided to Dan Rather by a guy in our metro area), but when it was proven bunk, I dropped it. And I think you need to drop all of this TrueGritt. I have posted some items lacking patience because I can't believe that with all of the factual information given to you by the posters about both Obama and, excuse me for saying it, the nutjobs who are pursuing this in court, that you have continued to persist. I am glad your knees are wobbling and that you are at least considering that some of the information you have posted is incorrect. I gave you a rep for it.
James, I am going to figure out how to start a thread with a poll of the people here on CD. I do not think there is a way that more than one vote per member can be done so it should be a fair poll. I think most believe this is a predominantly liberal board so in that aspect it is shaded against me but I will live with the results. It is going to be the same as the AOL poll where people were asked weather or not there was any merit to Obama's eligibility issue. I think you may be surprised by the numbers who think there is.

I do this so you and others can see that this is not a subject important to only a few "nutjobs". I want you to pick the % so if less than the number you pick find it has merit then I will stop posting on his eligibility, fair enough?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
James, I am going to figure out how to start a thread with a poll of the people here on CD. I do not think there is a way that more than one vote per member can be done so it should be a fair poll. I think most believe this is a predominantly liberal board so in that aspect it is shaded against me but I will live with the results. It is going to be the same as the AOL poll where people were asked weather or not there was any merit to Obama's eligibility issue. I think you may be surprised by the numbers who think there is.

I do this so you and others can see that this is not a subject important to only a few "nutjobs". I want you to pick the % so if less than the number you pick find it has merit then I will stop posting on his eligibility, fair enough?
Fair and reasonable enough. Funny, I feel like there are more conservatives here than liberals. I am sure it is a matter of perception and our own feelings cloud those perceptions.

I would expect it to be 50% or more to have merit.

I will trust you to write the items so that they are not biased. You can find examples of polls that assure the answers will go one way or another, but I don't think you would write the choices to be slanted.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Default Tg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

Hey, TG. You know I'm a "proud liberal" ...........and it seems to me that there are more conservatives on this board, although enough liberals to make one notice their presence. T, You've been posting on that conservatives-only board tooooo long. LOL It may have slanted your views. Are you SURE that Dr. Esquire is not related to some sort of Russian mob? :-)

Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit

Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM

403 posts, read 1,190,465 times
LOL @ anyone still raising this issue.

The man is president and will be for at least the next four years. Whoever doesn't like can freely pack their [MOD CUT/profanity] and seek residence elsewhere.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-20-2009 at 10:08 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 05:13 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Fair and balanced poll TrueGritt. Thanks for simply asking a question and offering a yes or no.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Fair and reasonable enough. Funny, I feel like there are more conservatives here than liberals. I am sure it is a matter of perception and our own feelings cloud those perceptions.

I would expect it to be 50% or more to have merit.

I will trust you to write the items so that they are not biased. You can find examples of polls that assure the answers will go one way or another, but I don't think you would write the choices to be slanted.
50% or more are you kidding? You all talk like there are just a few who think this is important and you tell me 50 % or more. I was thinking less than 25%

If 25% of the country believes there is something to this it has merit my
friend.

Based on your thinking, all individual minorities, republican Congressmen and Senators, MEN, and on and on have no merit.

No, I wont go along with that number (50%), that is disingenuous based on the constant posting from you and others that there are only a few of us who believe he is not eligible. A few would be 5% or less but I will stop if it is less that 25%.

The poll is up, it is a simple question with yes or no answers. It could not be more simple.

I will give it 30 days and then if it is less than 25% I will stop posting on that issue.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hey, TG. You know I'm a "proud liberal" ...........and it seems to me that there are more conservatives on this board, although enough liberals to make one notice their presence. T, You've been posting on that conservatives-only board tooooo long. LOL It may have slanted your views. Are you SURE that Dr. Esquire is not related to some sort of Russian mob? :-)
I have stated over and over that I am not sure of anything, and I want to be but nothing has convinced me yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies