Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
We would love to but Obama refuses to let anyone see any pertinent records.

How can something be proved if the proof cannot be seen?

Let these records be seen and if he is legit this all goes away.

What are the believers so afraid of? What is Obama so afraid of?
I am not name calling.

However, don't you see what has happened? The group opposed to Obama finally got proof that he attended Occidental College.

Now, they are coming forth with theories that he was adopted, used a different name, etc. etc. etc.

I think the problem is that nothing seems to satisfy the group, and each time one record is provided, requests go out for more and more records, and more theories are proposed that are negative.

I understand why he does not want to provide more fodder for this.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,853 times
From the Obamaconspiracy site:

Quote:
smrstrauss says:
February 12, 2009 at 7:36 pm
I called up the Indonesian Embassy in Washington and asked them if Obama was ever a citizen and the answer was no

bogus info says:
February 13, 2009 at 3:42
I just got off the phone with a man name Kiko Ratmansunu at the Indonesian Embassy in Washington, DC. He told me in no uncertain terms that President Obama was NOT nor ever has been a citizen of Indonesia. He also told me I could quote him.
He's going to contact him again and ask him if he will put it in writing on Embassy letterhead, and fax it to the site owner. TrueGritt, call yourself and ask the Embassy: 202) 775 - 5200

Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
In the case, handled largely by Gary Kreep of the U.S. Justice Foundation, records were subpoenaed documenting Obama's attendance at Occidental College.

The lawyer for the college, Stuart W. Rudnick of Musick, Peeler & Garrett, urgently contacted Fredric D. Woocher of Strumwasser & Woocher.

"This firm is counsel to Occidental College. The College is in receipt of the enclosed subpoena that seeks certain information concerning President-Elect Barack Obama," he wrote via fax. "Inasmuch as the subpoena appears to be valid on its face, the College will have no alternative but to comply with the subpoena absent a court order instructing otherwise."

Within hours, Woocher contacted Kreep regarding the issue, telling him, "It will likely not surprise you to hear that President-elect Obama opposes the production of the requested records.

LINK

I am sure there will be a swarm here soon to call names and disparage me for this post, but honestly ... why hide this info if there is nothing there that can hurt him?
Does the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act apply here? I taught college at one point, and I could not give or discuss records of my students who were over 18 even with their parents. FERPA limits the amount of disclosure of these records that is legal. I am not arguing. I am curious as to how this works and applies in this situation.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
crackpot

Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 PM

17 posts, read 25,195 times
I know quite a few Obama followers myself and they could really care less. It depends on the level of personal paranoia one is dealing with, I observe.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 PM

I just read the article in the link above. It appears to me that this is going nowhere--It is being quashed. In addition, the article lists the disposition of the other cases, and all have been dismissed, quashed, or otherwise stopped. Also, Obama's attorneys, I think correctly, state that these records should not be released because they have no bearing on the citizenship cases that have been stopped.

I also note that Obama's lawyers are planning to ask for monetary damages.

I realize you have posted this link because you think it indicates that Obama will be forced to open up his college records, but my reading of it indicates to me that it is unlikely that the subpoena will be upheld.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspsllc View Post
I know quite a few Obama followers myself and they could really care less. It depends on the level of personal paranoia one is dealing with, I observe.
I voted for Obama and I couldn't care less about it. It smacks of desperation and probably a problem with racism that is so deep that these people can't bring themselves to accept the reality of a black president.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I just read the article in the link above. It appears to me that this is going nowhere--It is being quashed. In addition, the article lists the disposition of the other cases, and all have been dismissed, quashed, or otherwise stopped. Also, Obama's attorneys, I think correctly, state that these records should not be released because they have no bearing on the citizenship cases that have been stopped.

I also note that Obama's lawyers are planning to ask for monetary damages.

I realize you have posted this link because you think it indicates that Obama will be forced to open up his college records, but my reading of it indicates to me that it is unlikely that the subpoena will be upheld.
I hope they do ask for monetary damages, I hope he gets it.

I guess Mr. Gritt thinks himself smarter then a Harvard Law professor.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 PM

This seems to be the relevant information from the article linked, in my opinion:

Quote:

"In order to avoid the needless expense of our bringing and litigating a Motion to Quash the subpoena, I am writing to ask whether you would be willing to agree voluntarily to cancel or withdraw the subpoena."
Woocher warned, "Please be advised, in particular, that in the event we are forced to file a motion to quash and we prevail in that motion, we will seek the full measure of monetary sanctions provided for in the Code of Civil Procedures."
Kreep, out of town for a business trip, did not respond immediately, and the motion eventually was filed. It states that the records, which could reveal on what name Obama attended classes at Occidental and whether he attended on scholarship money intended for foreign students, "are of no relevance to this moot litigation."

The motion also claims the petitioners failed to serve the subpoena properly.

End quote

Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I am not name calling.

However, don't you see what has happened? The group opposed to Obama finally got proof that he attended Occidental College.

Now, they are coming forth with theories that he was adopted, used a different name, etc. etc. etc.

I think the problem is that nothing seems to satisfy the group, and each time one record is provided, requests go out for more and more records, and more theories are proposed that are negative.

I understand why he does not want to provide more fodder for
this.
There was never a question of weather Obama went to Occidental or not. it is under what conditions did he go. Was he registered as an Indonesian or an American is the question.

His school record in Indonesia states his name as Barry Soetoro, his citizenship as Indonesian, and his religion as Islam. Nobody has refuted this document that I am aware of. The AP reported that it was authentic.

I have said over and over again what will satisfy me and most(not all). Allow these records to be seen by any governmental authority like the FBI, CIA, DHS, SCOTUS, Congress, etc.

The "nothing will ever satisfy them" argument is getting old because it is not true.

The only record that has been requested that might be considered provided is the copy of his BC. It is a controversial document because some believe it is a fake and some think it is real. Looking at the original Vault COLB would clear up the controversy.

If these records would prove that he is legit then it would not be fodder would it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies