Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 08:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
Does al-Qaeda have their own flag-I DON'T HAVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here ya go.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Flag_of_al-Qaeda.svg/780px-Flag_of_al-Qaeda.svg.png (broken link)

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM

295 posts, read 320,645 times
Default Americans grind everything into the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
It's a defeated flag, brave Americans died grinding it into the dirt. That's where it should stay.
If it's a defeated flag then why are so many PEOPLE worried about it?
Shouldn't you carry on with your life and worry about more important things than a flag?
Why are there so many killings in our cities, why did Clinton lie about the BJ by Monica in the White House, and you know something I did find a flag that really offends me-THE RAINBOW FLAG, isn't this flag for the Gay Americans?
Shouldn't this flag be equated with genocide? Since two men can't produce children and they fly this flag to promote their disgusting agenda and way of life?
IF YOU WANT TO GRIND A FLAG-START WITH THAT ONE.......unless you are.......?
I don't ponder over any flags but I will defend what is right-CONFEDERATE HISTORY AND THE FLAGS THAT REPRESENTED IT ARE AMERICAN HISTORY!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:37 PM

Default Wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Here ya go.
Lets see, that print above what I'll take to be our star our sun says Death to America or Death to Israel the yellow star represents a new day for the oppressed Palestinians and the eventual liberation of Palestine by the al-Qaeda movement?
It's an ugly flag and I'd rather fly the Confederate flag anyway because I don't live in Afghanistan or the Middle East and the Confederate flag is part of AMERICAN HISTORY!!!
I do thank you for posting it though because really I did not know of an al-Qaeda flag.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Why do people think its so bad?

I for one think its kinda tacky to have a big one on the back of yer car. But I think for museums and stuff its fine.
The first Confederate flag was designed in 1861, when tensions were high and many in the South thought a war was imminent. It was carried on the battlefield during the Civil War.

The Confederate flag is an emblem in defense of the enslavement of human beings and the war that was fought by the South in an attempt to retain their right to enslave others.

People can dance around that fact all they want--including the claim that it's an emblem for "Southern culture." Bull****. Unless by "southern culture," they mean racist "southern culture."

It should be in museums, certainly. It should NOT be displayed in public life. Period. The attempt to rewrite the meaning of the Confederate flag for the South is equal to the attempt to rewrite the meaning of the Swastika for Nazi Germany.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
I don't ponder over any flags but I will defend what is right-CONFEDERATE HISTORY AND THE FLAGS THAT REPRESENTED IT ARE AMERICAN HISTORY!!!
The Nazis are a part of American history also, but I really don't care to see anyone fly a flag with a swastika on it either. I know exactly what they would be trying to say if they did so.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM

The fact is the Confederate flag was designed by a soveirgn country-THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA and the Swastika was designed by Adolph Hitler himself!
Do you really know the history of the Swastika and what it means?
Should we also consider the flag of Israel repressive too? Face the truth the Jews stole land from the Palestinians and forced to live in inhumane conditions!
Another fact the US flag also represents racist bigotry against native American Indians and to the very first African Americans that were put on those slave ships-DID YOU SEE THE US OR CONFEDERATE FLAG?
REALLY NOW, WHAT FLAG IS MORE RACIST AND REPRESENTS HATRED?????????????

Old 03-08-2009, 06:31 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
REALLY NOW, WHAT FLAG IS MORE RACIST AND REPRESENTS HATRED?????????????
You tell me.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/femichel/nazi6.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-08-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
It's an ugly flag and I'd rather fly the Confederate flag anyway because I don't live in Afghanistan or the Middle East and the Confederate flag is part of AMERICAN HISTORY!!!
And a very ugly part of American history. You can try to gloss over the fact that Confederates were traitors in every meaning of the word, traitors who fought not only during the Civil War but very actively after it to subjugate a whole race of people through a reign of violence and terrorism for nearly 90 years. They may be history, but so were the Nazis.

Quote:
I do thank you for posting it though because really I did not know of an al-Qaeda flag.
You are welcome.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:55 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Here ya go.
Say what you want about this al-Qaeda flag....but at LEAST it doesn't hide behind flashy symbolism like the others. Its purposes are spelled out, in plain language, for all to see. Can't argue with THAT....

Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Say what you want about this al-Qaeda flag....but at LEAST it doesn't hide behind flashy symbolism like the others. Its purposes are spelled out, in plain language, for all to see. Can't argue with THAT....
Hide behind? Graphically speaking, it is by definition splashy symbolism.

By the way it appears that the writing is of course Arabic and is the recitation of the the Shahada, Lā ilaha illa al-Lāh, Muhammadun rasūlu l-Lāh “There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah." It is the same message in long form that adores the flag of Saudi Arabia.

JFYI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies