Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM

295 posts, read 320,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You tell me.

Please do not show such an insulting picture of a small group of neo-Nazis, first of all the Nazi-party banned the Confederate flag because the rebel flag represented states rights,Hitler did not!
NOW I SHALL GIVE YOU THE NAMES OF THE MOST PROMINENT NON-WHITES THAT SERVED THE CONFEDERATE ARMY!
Notable Jewish Confederates included Abraham Meyers,a West Point graduate and even a classmate of Gen. Robert E. Lee and Abraham Meyers served as a Quarter Master General and the city of Ft. Meyers is named for him!
The first Jewish Confederate soldier killed in battle was Albert Lurie Moses of Charlotte, N.C. The most famous southern Jew was Judah Benjamin, he served President Jefferson Davis and the Confederate government in three different postions:Attorney General,Sec. of War, and Secretary of State!!!
In Arkansas with only 300 Jews some 53 served in the Confederate Army!
Also African Confederates served with notable distinction in several civil war battles and is estimated that over 65,000 southern blacks were in Confederate ranks!
Over 13,000 of those "saw the elephant" also known as the meeting of the enemy in combat. These Black Confederates both slave and free.
As a notable African-American professor at Southern University, stated,
"when you eliminate the Black Confederate soldier, you're eliminating the history of the South!"
THE FLAG REPRESENTS CULTURE AND HERITAGE AND FOR GOOD REASON TOO!!!
SO NOW, WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DESTROY A HISTORY OF A PEOPLE:ANGLO-SAXON,AFRICAN,HISPANIC,AND EVEN NATIVE AMERICANS
WHO SERVED A NOBLE CAUSE TO SAVE THEIR HOMELAND FROM AN INVADING ARMY AND A GOVERNMENT GONE WRONG?
SO TO ALL OF YOU PC (politically correct) PEOPLE OUT THERE I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THIS.
I'D RATHER BE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE THAN POLITICALLY CORRECT.
MAY GOD HELP THIS NATION.......PLEASE!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,171,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
If it's a defeated flag then why are so many PEOPLE worried about it?
Shouldn't you carry on with your life and worry about more important things than a flag?
Why are there so many killings in our cities, why did Clinton lie about the BJ by Monica in the White House, and you know something I did find a flag that really offends me-THE RAINBOW FLAG, isn't this flag for the Gay Americans?
Shouldn't this flag be equated with genocide? Since two men can't produce children and they fly this flag to promote their disgusting agenda and way of life?
IF YOU WANT TO GRIND A FLAG-START WITH THAT ONE.......unless you are.......?
I don't ponder over any flags but I will defend what is right-CONFEDERATE HISTORY AND THE FLAGS THAT REPRESENTED IT ARE AMERICAN HISTORY!!!
Oh I don't know that anyone is worried about that defeated flag. We do not fly the German Nazi flag or the Japanese imperial flag over American soil. Nor should we fly any other loser flag.
As far as your rainbow flag I've never seen one. I do wonder how far you had to go to be offended. Did you have to go to a parade or a gay bar? Or is it something you see on a daily basis as part of your living arrangements?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Oh I don't know that anyone is worried about that defeated flag. We do not fly the German Nazi flag or the Japanese imperial flag over American soil. Nor should we fly any other loser flag.
As far as your rainbow flag I've never seen one. I do wonder how far you had to go to be offended. Did you have to go to a parade or a gay bar? Or is it something you see on a daily basis as part of your living arrangements?
That loser flag was carried into battle by AMERICANS. We don't fly German or Japanese flags because they weren't AMERICAN flags. The Confederate flag represents AMERICANS who died fighting for what they believed was right. They believed it so strongly, they were willing to die for their beliefs. Many of them didn't die to defend slavery. They died to defend their homes against invaders. They died to defend the rights of states that were supposed to be guaranteed by the US Constitution, but were being threatened by growing federal power. And yes, some of them died to defend the institution of slavery. Whether in a gray uniform or a blue uniform, the men who fought in that war deserve respect. The war changed the arc of American history, solidified federal power, and ultimately resulted in the abolition of slavery. A complete understanding of both sides, of all the issues that were a part of that historical period is something to be strived for. If we brush aside the Confederate perspective, we cannot get a complete understanding of why that war was fought.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:08 AM

1,095 posts, read 3,999,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That loser flag was carried into battle by AMERICANS. We don't fly German or Japanese flags because they weren't AMERICAN flags. The Confederate flag represents AMERICANS who died fighting for what they believed was right. They believed it so strongly, they were willing to die for their beliefs. Many of them didn't die to defend slavery. They died to defend their homes against invaders. They died to defend the rights of states that were supposed to be guaranteed by the US Constitution, but were being threatened by growing federal power. And yes, some of them died to defend the institution of slavery. Whether in a gray uniform or a blue uniform, the men who fought in that war deserve respect. The war changed the arc of American history, solidified federal power, and ultimately resulted in the abolition of slavery. A complete understanding of both sides, of all the issues that were a part of that historical period is something to be strived for. If we brush aside the Confederate perspective, we cannot get a complete understanding of why that war was fought.
They were born in America, but when their states seceded from America and they went to war against America they ceased being Americans. They were traitors, then and now. The men who fought in that war for the Confederacy deserve no more respect than the men who flew planes into the World Trade Center.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
They were born in America, but when their states seceded from America and they went to war against America they ceased being Americans. They were traitors, then and now. The men who fought in that war for the Confederacy deserve no more respect than the men who flew planes into the World Trade Center.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'll side with Lincoln who never ceased to think of the Confederates as Americans and who waged the war to preserve the Union. When you refuse to respect the Confederates, you are disrespecting the Union soldiers as well.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
It's the battle flag of the enemy who waged war on the United States.

There is no legitimage reason to have on flying on a State house.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It's the battle flag of the enemy who waged war on the United States.

There is no legitimage reason to have on flying on a State house.
Or....It's part of an important part of American history, flown by men who were Americans before and after the war, and as far as the Union was concerned, were Americans during the war. As in the War to Preserve the Union. The right of secession wasn't recognized by the North, so as far as Lincoln was concerned, they were still Americans.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:01 AM

You can't sugarcoat shots fired against Americans as nothing less than treason.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
You can't sugarcoat shots fired against Americans as nothing less than treason.
They were Americans on both sides.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
They were Americans on both sides.
Yes and the ones who called themselves Confederates committed treason.

Treason - the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies