Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth2 View Post
Ohhhhhh I'm sooooo confused!

Thats the way Muleskinner likes it. Just dont tell him the facts, he will get upset and make fun of your screenname and criticize your spelling. Its all he has...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,103,050 times
I hate Limbaugh, but I hate all pundits. Anyone who takes stories out of context, tries to put an issue that needs hours to discuss into a 2 minute blurb, bullies all their guests that don't agree with them, and can't let another person finish a sentance should be fined for some sort of low grade treason. All they are doing is dividing America further in order to "entertain". It may be entertainment, but its destructive to your country. I'm fine for debate, but fair and honest debate, not interrupt and bully all guests that don't agree with you.

Pundits all act like they're infallible on their shows. I've only heard of one infallible being, and its not any of them.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thats the way Muleskinner likes it. Just dont tell him the facts, he will get upset and make fun of your screenname and criticize your spelling. Its all he has...

I prefer to keep it light-hearted anyway. When it gets too serious I would rather someone make a joke. Everyone's going to have their own opinion. Doesnt make one right or wrong. Usually when I try to be funny, no one gets it!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Default Cheers!

detshen originally said:

I don't really think we disagree, to feel better than normal is just a way of saying to have fun, and to feel good. I'm not saying they were necessarily calculated about it, but the word experiment means to try something, it doesn't have to be scientific. Experiment is used to distinguish when young people try drugs to feel better, have fun, or see what it feels like from true drug addicts who lose control over their lives.

Not everyone who tries drugs has to stay away from alcohol for the rest of their lives, that's just silly. [End Quote]

Yes indeed. I will tip my dinner glass of cabernet to you and yours! Salud!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Liberals can be very hypocritical.
That one was funny; could you tell us another joke, please? And make sure you start it off with the word "liberal." That's how we'll know which alternative universe it's coming from.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
MaryBeth2 originally said:

Mr Floyd, I enjoy reading your posts, although I dont agree with everything. Much like listening to Rush, it intertains me. I dont have to agree with anyone to like listening to them express their ideas. [End Quote]

Thanks for the kind words and rep comment. Glad to entertain. I'd have been shocked if you agreed with everything. Not sure I even believe myself to that degree. : - )

If I was an avowed liberal, I'd probably take offense being mentioned in the same sentence as Rush. Regardless of whether we subscribe to his beliefs, he arguably has some skills.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
MaryBeth2 originally said:

Mr Floyd, I enjoy reading your posts, although I dont agree with everything. Much like listening to Rush, it intertains me. I dont have to agree with anyone to like listening to them express their ideas. [End Quote]

Thanks for the kind words and rep comment. Glad to entertain. I'd have been shocked if you agreed with everything. Not sure I even believe myself to that degree. : - )

If I was an avowed liberal, I'd probably take offense being mentioned in the same sentence as Rush. Regardless of whether we subscribe to his beliefs, he arguably has some skills.
You're welcome Mr. Floyd. Thank you too.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
LOL....love this lady!

Quote:
Seriously. Rush Limbaugh is too stupid to be getting this much attention, but we seem to be living here on Animal Farm where Republican leaders are kneeling down to their Napoleon pig king asking for forgiveness. Nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe Rush’s call screener should start by asking “two legs or four?”
Rush Limbaugh - King of the Idiots « Margaret and Helen

And this, this is a great blog!

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh has a daily audience of 14 million morons- give or take a few rednecks - Howard excluded of course. So are we to believe that they all want Obama to fail? Do I have that right? I am a little confused by this recent turn of events because weren’t these the same peckerwoods who got so upset a few years back when a famous country western singer told about 2,000 people at a concert in London that she was ashamed that George Bush was from her home state?
Rush, shut the hell up. You’re not helping. « Margaret and Helen

Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 PM

358 posts, read 472,426 times
Hate Limbaugh???? Hell no man, are you holding the crack pipe again? Democrats LOVE Limbaugh. Hate Bush, well maybe, but not Rush.

You see now that Limbaugh is the Heart and "Soul of the Republican Party, the Spokesperson for the Republican Party" we love him.

He is the knee we are going to use to break the back of the Republican Party because moderate Republicans and Indies hate him, hate him. The ones in the middle have no use for limbaugh and now we have his sorry ass hanging like an albatross around Steele, the RNC and the Republican Party in general. We have the public thinking of the GOP and Rush Limbaugh as one and the same now. Perception is everything.

Rush Limbaugh is not one for liberal Democrats to hate but to love because he is doing exactly what we could not do for 20 years+.

God Bless David Letterman, he gets in a "Limbaugh Republican Spokesman" joke or 2 every night..

Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh you poor whiney baby!....like the GOP's whole strategy isn't to demonize?....LOL You just can't take a little of your own medicine.

I've got new for you ....most people don't like Limbaugh...he's disgusting..and he's one of your own.

And I like their strategy just fine....The Dems arrroval ratings just keep going up and the GOP's approval ratings keep going down.

If Dems keep up the good work we will have a 5 or 6 less GOP Senators and your party will become totally irrelevant.
Dems approval keeps going up?!?!?!?!?! The congress' approval rating has been below bushes since they took over!
Dems doing a good job?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That's hysterical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies