Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Pound your head against the wall a few times and think....

Wal-mart NOW would rather close down stores because THEY HAVE A CHOICE.. (that choice again being to pay low wages and have the taxpayers subsidize the wages by covering benefits).

They cant close down EVERY store if they are required to cover medical care to its employees because the government stops subsidizing their low paying wages. They would cease to exist..

Again, think about it.. Do you really think Wal-Mart would choose to shut down EVERY store?
The bigger a corporation becomes, the more control it has over people, especially if that corporation controls essential provisions!

"World Social Forum Conference on Transnational Corporations"

SUMMARY PROPOSAL:

"The current corporate-globalization paradigm, which prioritizes corporate profit maximization over human rights, labor rights and environmental rights, should be turned on its head to prioritize these universal life values."

CorpWatch*:*World Social Forum Conference on Transnational Corporations

The bottom line is: Don't lose your human rights to ANY entity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 10:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
WalMart is a fine company - providing employment for people who otherwise might be unemployable.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"Affordable" Health Insurance does not necessarily equate to Universal Health Insurance
True - I was confusing this article with another I'd read. Still.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
WalMart is a fine company - providing employment for people who otherwise might be unemployable.
Walmart is a company that prefers people to be "otherwise unemployable" so that they can take advantage of them.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Walmart is a company that prefers people to be "otherwise unemployable" so that they can take advantage of them.
I disagree completely.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah - congratulations
Feel free to practice your religious beliefs. After all, our country is about religious freedom. Please don't impose your religious beliefs on others. Let the others practice their religious freedom also.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Feel free to practice your religious beliefs. After all, our country is about religious freedom. Please don't impose your religious beliefs on others. Let the others practice their religious freedom also.
I don't "impose" my religious beliefs on anyone. And I welcome others to practice their religions

And no where have I said or intimidated otherwise.

You however clearly try to post innuendos - untrue as they may be, to try to intimidate otherwise.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:48 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Obviously the consumer will.
Otherwise known as taxpayers...

Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
pghquest,
the only reason I would have to pound my head is the way you lie/change and try to deflect the fact that you were proven to be wrong.

Let's refresh your oh so short memory shall we....?

Part of your previous statement was that Wal-Mart would NOT close stores because of unions attempting to organize.

Originally Posted by pghquest
You ready to hear where your wrong? If the government did not subsidize Wal-Mart by giving their low wage employees welfare/benefits, the employees would demand benefits.

So you think Wal-Mart would shut down stores rather then give benefits? I don't think so because ALL stores would need to pay benefits

I then post the links where indeed Wal-Mart have closed stores due to unionization of the store.
At that time my point was made, PERIOD.
No further need to debate or belabor that point, it would be moot to do so.

You then come back with a totally different and contradictory statement to try to prop up a statement you made that was proved to be untrue:

Wal-mart NOW would rather close down stores because THEY HAVE A CHOICE

At this point do YOU even know what you are trying to say.

That's the problem with some people, they get proven wrong and instead of admitting it and re accessing their stand point, they attempt to reword, talk in circles and argue for the sake of arguing.

Nice try, but I think most folk see your contradictions.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Can you please fill me in just WHY someone working at Wal-Mart in a non-managerial position should get benefits?

Gimme a friggin' break. What next, should all the fry guys at McDonald's get bennies too?
So in other words....expand medicaid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies