Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,684,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Why not debate the topic at hand, instead of attacking someone else's opinion. Your mocking and calling them ignorant and full of hate is personal. Everyone has the right to post their opinion.
I think it is sad when expressing their opinion is no more than expressing hate and intolerance.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:38 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,263,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Then all people are millitant, we all protest something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allthey are doing is being quiet!!!!!!!!!!! i wish more protestors would be!!!!!!!!
You don't have to speak to be militant: definition of miltant-aggressive, combative, belligerant, radical.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think it is sad when expressing their opinion is no more than expressing hate and intolerance.
Actually, the thread starter wasn't expressing any hate, just concern for her children. The only hate was the personal attack against the poster.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,335,883 times
Quote:
Everyone has the right to post their opinion.
Agreed. And so do I. Which is why I posted mine.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
You don't have to speak to be militant: definition of miltant-aggressive, combative, belligerant, radical.
Then the gays are not millitant by your definition, but the people protesting them have known to be.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,335,883 times
Quote:
Actually, the thread starter wasn't expressing any hate, just concern for her children. The only hate was the personal attack against the poster.
And that "concern" for her children stems from what exactly?

Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Telling people to not send their child to school so they dont have to deal with or be offended by the "gays" isnt exactly expressing tolerance or understanding. And what are they protecting their kids from, they are not diseased!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Agreed. And so do I. Which is why I posted mine.
You have the right to post your opinion on the topic at hand, not to mock the poster, or put her down for her beliefs. You added nothing to the debate in that post, just attacked to thread initiator.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,140,047 times
Yes, homosexuals are militant. They have to be in order to be accepted. Homosexuals have faced the same prejudices and discrimination as other minority groups.

Do you know, though, that without the militant activism of the LGBT community, our medical practices would not have moved forward? Do you realize that the deaths of thousands of gay men created a better, more informed patient-base because of their activism? Do you realize the Gay Men's Health Crisis organized in 1983 has become one of the finest clinics in the country? And, btw, serves everyone, just as other gay organized medical clinics! Do you realize that ACT UP has served the public in more ways than solely for the LGBT community by calling to attention medical and economic disparities and raising the public's consciousness?

Do you realize how it must feel to be acted against, instead of acted on behalf of?

If I were gay, I would scream for my personal rights? If I were more of a minority, I would be militant?

Quote:
Everyone has the right to protest however if a faculty member is hired to do a job and this "protest" interfers with their job they should immediately be released. How presumptious of them to think they can just in all effect stop working. I would not keep my children home, I would send them and make sure I observe business as usual going on in the classroom.

I believe in another thread just yesterday, a poster disagreed with me when I stated there are millitant homosexuals. This protest just goes to prove the point.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 AM

Lets be clear. What rights are we talking about here? It is not hard to figure out you are speaking of the institution of marriage. Our society is so warped, has done such a good job of distorting people's views that they think this is normal? Yes, you have bought it hook, line, and sinker. I am sure your ancestors would be turning in their graves. To think that we would be debating that marriage is between a man and a woman just proves the point that are society has become so twisted.

Not wanting to send your children to school because homosexuals have decided to mount a protest instead of performing their job is a valid reason to keep their children home. What is wrong with keeping their children home? How is this hurting anyone? Again you attempt to turn things around. Warped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies