Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 AM

178 posts, read 416,491 times

Advertisements

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact NotOurKids.com Media Coordinator - Irene Bennett (203) 926-6960
Visit www.NotOurKids.com/media.html

Nationwide Pro-Family Coalition Warns Parents to Keep their Children Home from School on 'Gay' Day of Silence, April 18

WASHINGTON, March 27 / -- A national pro-family coalition, www.NotOurKids.com, is calling upon parents to keep their children home from school on April 18 -- to avoid GLSEN's homosexual "Day of Silence," in which students and some supportive faculty intentionally remain silent throughout the school day to protest alleged oppression of homosexuals.

"Day of Silence" (DOS) is an annual event promoted by GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network, and is scheduled for Wednesday, April 18 this year. (Some schools observe DOS a few days earlier or later than the official date.) In 2006, over 4,000 junior highs, high schools, and colleges participated in DOS, according to GLSEN.

Many school district superintendents, principals, and faculty members also endorse, promote or allow DOS -- subjecting traditional students to pro-"gay" activism that violates their religious beliefs and right to a non-politicized education. To find out what schools are likely participating in this year's DOS, please visit: www.NotOurKids.com/schools.html.

According to GLSEN, on last year's Day of Silence, over 500,000 students nationwide were confronted with mute homosexual peers and "allies" wearing stickers and passing out cards, which stated (in part):

"... My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by harassment, prejudice, and discrimination. I believe that ending the silence is the first step toward fighting these injustices. Think about the voices you are not hearing today. What are you going to do to end the silence?"

www.NotOurKids.com is a coalition of pro-family groups who object to the disruptive political hijacking of America's classrooms by pro-homosexual advocates. www.NotOurKids.com educates parents, teachers and America about the deceptive agenda behind GLSEN's Day of Silence. The coalition seeks to protect America's youth from being pressured to approve of homosexual, bisexual, or "transgender" behavior.

"Teenagers deserve an opportunity to study English, history, math, and science -- without being subjected to pro-homosexual proselytizing sanctioned by school authorities. Students shouldn't be forced to self-censor or adopt beliefs contrary to those of their parents and places of worship," said Linda Harvey of Mission America, a coalition member. "Even the strongest of our junior high and high school children are not equipped to serve as frontline soldiers in this culture war."

Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,666,479 times
All this does is teach children to judge and be bigotted towards people that dont hold the same belief system or that are different from them. It is called tolerance people. I dont know what people are worried about, they are not a threat to you or your children, they are not trying to recruit or turn anyone gay!

Last edited by Nea1; 03-29-2007 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 AM

1,247 posts, read 925,894 times
It's not even possible to turn someone into a homosexual. Just like it's not possible to turn someone into a heterosexual.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
It's not even possible to turn someone into a homosexual. Just like it's not possible to turn someone into a heterosexual.
Exactly!! The most that will happen is you may find out your closest friend is gay!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
Is this another way to enforce the moral majority? Is learning about anything harmful?

I fail to see the value in protesting...you know what they say about extreme protestation, right?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:48 AM

I teach my kids tolerance, that everyone is different and that is OK. Who am I to judge, not my job. My kids will not become gay due to their peers being gay, doesnt work like that. My kids even tolerate the kids that preach to them about God, even though they are not raised that way.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
LOL!! You people are too funny. Lots of time on your hands huh?
Instead redirect all the energy spent on hate and ignorance into something more productive.
Got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Everyone has the right to protest however if a faculty member is hired to do a job and this "protest" interfers with their job they should immediately be released. How presumptious of them to think they can just in all effect stop working. I would not keep my children home, I would send them and make sure I observe business as usual going on in the classroom.

I believe in another thread just yesterday, a poster disagreed with me when I stated there are millitant homosexuals. This protest just goes to prove the point.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
LOL!! You people are too funny. Lots of time on your hands huh?
Instead redirect all the energy spent on hate and ignorance into something more productive.
Why not debate the topic at hand, instead of attacking someone else's opinion. Your mocking and calling them ignorant and full of hate is personal. Everyone has the right to post their opinion.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Everyone has the right to protest however if a faculty member is hired to do a job and this "protest" interfers with their job they should immediately be released. How presumptious of them to think they can just in all effect stop working. I would not keep my children home, I would send them and make sure I observe business as usual going on in the classroom.

I believe in another thread just yesterday, a poster disagreed with me when I stated there are millitant homosexuals. This protest just goes to prove the point.
Then all people are millitant, we all protest something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allthey are doing is being quiet!!!!!!!!!!! i wish more protestors would be!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies