Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,250 times

Advertisements

Oh that's just Joe...crazy ol Joe.

His answer to the question what does the stimulus package have for small business was if you have a small busines and people need a bridge to get to it, this stimulus will build it.

But crazy ol Joe was just the first poor decission Barry made in his quest to rule the world. As you have seen, it sure wasn't his last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Joe has got decades of foreign policy experience. Joe is a smart, decent man, and his supporters are quite intelligent.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is not only a political novice with no experience, she is dumb as a box of rocks.

To think FAUX News would list every mistake Biden made is no surprise, thats what they do. But for any news organization to choose Palin over Biden in terms of qualifications only shows that they are not a legitimate news organization.

Sounds like FAUX to me.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I really don't get these delusional Fox News supporters. Before I ever realized that Fox News was biased, I could tell that it was a pathetic news station because of the idiocy of the reporters (they can't pronounce any foreign name correctly) and the over-saturation of graphics and colors.
My favorite thing about Fox News has got to be Bill-O's "Word of the Day." Every time we see that portion of his show, my husband and I just laugh. It's truly hilarious. He has so little faith in the intelligence of his viewers, that he feels compelled to teach them the definition of a 'new' word everyday. For those of you who've never watched The O'Reilly Comedic Hour-- no, I'm not kidding. He teaches his viewers an SAT word at the end of each show. You know, like they did on Sesame Street. Like your teacher did in third grade.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
"Faux" news, what a funny nickname for Fox, tee hee giggle

Do you have any idea how incredibly childish and idiotic it is to use petty little nicknames like that just because you don't like something? Never mind disliking it because it (allegedly) is so "right wing," meaning - gasp - a different viewpoint from your own? It's the "other side," they are always wrong and stupid, while "we" are so brilliant and noble and blah etc!

PS and to be fair, people who similarly rip on CNN for being "left wing" aren't much better.

Grow up already. Neither is half as bad as people try to pretend, good grief. It's not like Fox made this stuff up. I just think it's ironic how people ripped on Palin mercilessly at every little word (often in similarly childish, petty, asinine ways) and went to great pains to show what a stupid, gaffe-filled VP she would've been....and there's Biden proving no better, in fact likely worse (eg I'm thinking even Palin knew there was no TV and FDR wasn't the President in '29).
The arguments against Palin were more than about her gaffes. She didn't know what she was supposed to do as VP! She couldn't describe the job correctly. Simply put, she wasn't ready to play with the big kids.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:05 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
This is just fascinating, instead of defending Joe's comments his supporters attack the messenger. This is a tactic employed over and over again in this forum. Deflect, obfuscate but under no circumstances engage on the substance. It would be so refreshing to hear one of them say, yeah Joe can be stupid but I think he is preferable because..... They can't help themselves, they drag Fox News, Bill O'Reilly and every other straw man into their responses. Truly fascinating.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is just fascinating, instead of defending Joe's comments his supporters attack the messenger. This is a tactic employed over and over again in this forum. Deflect, obfuscate but under no circumstances engage on the substance. It would be so refreshing to hear one of them say, yeah Joe can be stupid but I think he is preferable because..... They can't help themselves, they drag Fox News, Bill O'Reilly and every other straw man into their responses. Truly fascinating.
Sticking one's foot in the mouth, as Biden does, does not make him stupid; it makes him careless. Not a desireable trait, either, but Palin has bigger problems than making verbal mistakes. As someone mentioned, she's as smart as a box of rocks. Secondly, as she preaches Bible-based morality, her daughter goes about ignoring this so-called morality. That might make her a hypocrite.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Sticking one's foot in the mouth, as Biden does, does not make him stupid; it makes him careless. Not a desireable trait, either, but Palin has bigger problems than making verbal mistakes. As someone mentioned, she's as smart as a box of rocks. Secondly, as she preaches Bible-based morality, her daughter goes about ignoring this so-called morality. That might make her a hypocrite.

We are getting closer but calling her smart as a box of rocks is clearly unsupportable. I agree that when she was selected she was not ready for prime time, but I think with more experience she could be a valuable leader.

Again each side has to look at itself, in your opinion Joe's gaffs are indicitive of nothing yet Palin's are evidence of her lack of intelligence.

Also bringing family into this is unacceptable. Some have argued that because she brought her family into the lime light they are fair game. However if people attacked Obama's kids there would be outraged, yet they were on 60 minutes. Can't have it both ways, lets agree to leave family out of this.

Finally people have got to get off this anti-religion kick. Yes she has a faith and it guides her life, this is hardly threatening.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I really don't get these delusional Fox News supporters. Before I ever realized that Fox News was biased, I could tell that it was a pathetic news station because of the idiocy of the reporters (they can't pronounce any foreign name correctly) and the over-saturation of graphics and colors. Legitimate news doesn't have people yelling at each other (as they do on Fox all the time) and it certainly doesn't have to have such overwhelming graphics everywhere.

Seriously, I can understand you having a political position, but to be so blindly supportive of such a pathetic tabloid of a "news" channel is just sad.

Anyone with half a brain can understand that Fox News is Faux news, regardless of their political affiliation. I'm not saying that MSNBC or CNN are so great, but Fox News is like the National Enquirer of TV "News" Journalism.
Not only are you drinking coolaid, but your's must be spiked with too much vodka..!
It would be impossible for you or any of the dummies you hang with, to find even one example of FOX being bias. It simply isn't true, no matter how much you wish it to be.
Your kind would rather listen to the lies from the other, low ranking channels that have no concern about telling the truth... The very thing that makes a good democrat.
I feel sorry for you in your ignorance...

Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I realize Demos aren't very smart, but there is no such thing as FAUX news.
There is, however, a FOX news channel, the only true and reliable news available. If you don't watch FOX for the truth, you aren't intelligent enough to enter into political discussions...
I bet you even believe that it is unbiased!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
As my grandmother used to say it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are dumb than to open it and let them know for certain . Thanks for letting us confirm what we already knew Joe and what was Obama thinking when he chose you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies