Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
It's obvious you 'have no idea' what I'm talking about. You have no idea what is going on in Alaska right now. Her being 3000 miles from home is not the issue. Why don't you read //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ngs-palin.html before you show your ignorance again.

Juneau is still without representation because she is ignoring the law regarding appointment. She's too vindictive to appoint the Democrat's choice for nominee. Before you start showing your ignorance, let me tell you that state law requires she pick someone nominated by the Dems because the person who left the position was a Dem. There is no Attorney General because she nominated a lying, disrespectful to woman, homophobe for the position. A man that, twice, Alaska lawyers rejected as unqualified for a position as judge. The Legislators, rightly, rejected her choice. She wants the legislature to accept stimulus money to replace state spending which is against stimulus law,and which will likely result in less money for Alaska which is currently $1B in debt.

Oh, and by the way, I happen to live in Alaska.
I now know more about Alaska state politics than I ever wanted to know. But of course the facts happen to be different than you presented.

Our view: Palin's AG pick: ADN Editorial | adn.com

Are you sure you live in Alaska?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 01:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You are a loon (I usually refrain from this kind of thing) you keep sending me to the same 3 Huff Po links. I admit I do not know the ins and outs of Alaska politics but if your sources for this are like the Huff Po I imagine the truth is somewhat different than you present.

It is perfectly logical to decline the federal money as stipulated because once the money is gone the states are still obligated to spend at the same level they did when they received the funds. I think she is right, if Alaska is $1 billion in debt, it makes sense to pay it off.

By the way what is her approval rating in Alaska?
I haven't sent you any Huffington links, I sent you the link to the thread about Palin. My sources are the Juneau Empire, Newsminer, Alaska Daily News, Senator Kookesh (my representative), the people in my community as well as Alaska television news. The stimulus money is wanted by the legislators who represent the citizens of Alaska. Wailin' Palin is more interested in a federal position than the people of Alaska. Her approval rating? Oh, that is sooo relevant, 200 people in one city are polled. I live here, I know what her popularity rating is. It's very unlikely that she is going to be elected to a second term as governor of Alaska.

Stimulus money cannot be used to payoff a states debt.

You have admitted twice not knowing what I'm talking about or what is going on in Alaska. Maybe you should educate yourself before posting opinions on things you know nothing about.

You're ignorance is only highlighted when you resort to calling someone who does know what she's talking about a loon.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
It's obvious you 'have no idea' what I'm talking about. You have no idea what is going on in Alaska right now. Her being 3000 miles from home is not the issue. Why don't you read //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ngs-palin.html before you show your ignorance again.

Juneau is still without representation because she is ignoring the law regarding appointment. She's too vindictive to appoint the Democrat's choice for nominee. Before you start showing your ignorance, let me tell you that state law requires she pick someone nominated by the Dems because the person who left the position was a Dem. There is no Attorney General because she nominated a lying, disrespectful to woman, homophobe for the position. A man that, twice, Alaska lawyers rejected as unqualified for a position as judge. The Legislators, rightly, rejected her choice. She wants the legislature to accept stimulus money to replace state spending which is against stimulus law,and which will likely result in less money for Alaska which is currently $1B in debt.

Oh, and by the way, I happen to live in Alaska.
Here are some more fun facts about Alaska's use of the stimulus, For those of you who care to read this.

Palin rejects over 30% of stimulus money: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

Old 04-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I haven't sent you any Huffington links, I sent you the link to the thread about Palin. My sources are the Juneau Empire, Newsminer, Alaska Daily News, Senator Kookesh (my representative), the people in my community as well as Alaska television news. The stimulus money is wanted by the legislators who represent the citizens of Alaska. Wailin' Palin is more interested in a federal position than the people of Alaska. Her approval rating? Oh, that is sooo relevant, 200 people in one city are polled. I live here, I know what her popularity rating is. It's very unlikely that she is going to be elected to a second term as governor of Alaska.

Stimulus money cannot be used to payoff a states debt.

You have admitted twice not knowing what I'm talking about or what is going on in Alaska. Maybe you should educate yourself before posting opinions on things you know nothing about.

You're ignorance is only highlighted when you resort to calling someone who does know what she's talking about a loon.

Look you have been proven wrong on both counts run along.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
We are getting closer but calling her smart as a box of rocks is clearly unsupportable. I agree that when she was selected she was not ready for prime time, but I think with more experience she could be a valuable leader.

Again each side has to look at itself, in your opinion Joe's gaffs are indicitive of nothing yet Palin's are evidence of her lack of intelligence.

Also bringing family into this is unacceptable. Some have argued that because she brought her family into the lime light they are fair game. However if people attacked Obama's kids there would be outraged, yet they were on 60 minutes. Can't have it both ways, lets agree to leave family out of this.

Finally people have got to get off this anti-religion kick. Yes she has a faith and it guides her life, this is hardly threatening.
Well, being somewhat gaffe-prone myself, I tend to give most people who simply mis-state something the benefit of the doubt. The thing is, no one who is dissing Biden and kissing Sarah's b*** has given one example of a gaffe that Sarah made that the press tore into. I said this earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again: Sarah didn't have a clue what her job description was. That's not a "gaffe". That's ignorance.

Family? I have said many times over that most parents of daughters feel "there but for the grace of God go I". However, she opposed "explicit" sex education, favored abstinence only, and yet allowed her daughter and boyfriend to sleep together in her house. That is hypocritical! It has nothing to do with the daughter, and everything to do with Sarah.

Religion: Sarah feels that God is on her side, that God is telling her and the other Reupbs what to do, witness her comment about the war in Iraq being "God's will". I posted this before too, on another thread, will repeat here. I am more in agreement with Abraham Lincoln who said "we ask not that God is on our side, but that we are on God's side".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Not only are you drinking coolaid, but your's must be spiked with too much vodka..!
It would be impossible for you or any of the dummies you hang with, to find even one example of FOX being bias. It simply isn't true, no matter how much you wish it to be.
Your kind would rather listen to the lies from the other, low ranking channels that have no concern about telling the truth... The very thing that makes a good democrat.
I feel sorry for you in your ignorance...
Every news outlet is biased in that it chooses what to print/broadcast, etc. Fox seems to pick up on the strangest stories and beat them to death.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Here are some more fun facts about Alaska's use of the stimulus, For those of you who care to read this.

Palin rejects over 30% of stimulus money: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
As much as Walin' wishes it were so, Alaska is NOT a dictatorship.

Here's some more CURRENT information re Alaska and the stimulus money

Legislature reaches for stimulus funds - Juneau Empire
Quote:
Lawmakers hope to obtain money that Palin didn't go after
Senators reject Palin's plan for stimulus - Juneau Empire
Senators reject Palin's plan for stimulus
"
Quote:
The concern on our side is, first, whether it fits the intention of the stimulus bill and, secondly, whether we can get away with it with the federal government," he said.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, being somewhat gaffe-prone myself, I tend to give most people who simply mis-state something the benefit of the doubt. The thing is, no one who is dissing Biden and kissing Sarah's b*** has given one example of a gaffe that Sarah made that the press tore into. I said this earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again: Sarah didn't have a clue what her job description was. That's not a "gaffe". That's ignorance.

Family? I have said many times over that most parents of daughters feel "there but for the grace of God go I". However, she opposed "explicit" sex education, favored abstinence only, and yet allowed her daughter and boyfriend to sleep together in her house. That is hypocritical! It has nothing to do with the daughter, and everything to do with Sarah.

Religion: Sarah feels that God is on her side, that God is telling her and the other Reupbs what to do, witness her comment about the war in Iraq being "God's will". I posted this before too, on another thread, will repeat here. I am more in agreement with Abraham Lincoln who said "we ask not that God is on our side, but that we are on God's side".

Every news outlet is biased in that it chooses what to print/broadcast, etc. Fox seems to pick up on the strangest stories and beat them to death.
OK so Joe Biden is a hypocrit if it turns out to be true his daughter snorted coke.

Invoking God is as old as politics. I really believe there is religous intolerance problem developing in this country.

I have said this before all main stream media is biased but most people can only see it in the other guys perfered media. Of course thier perfered media plays it right down the middle. What you describe happens on every corner of media.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I now know more about Alaska state politics than I ever wanted to know. But of course the facts happen to be different than you presented.

Our view: Palin's AG pick: ADN Editorial | adn.com

Are you sure you live in Alaska?
An editorial piece from the Anchorage based newspaper. Anchorage who will benefit if Palin gets her way and replaces Juneau as the state capital. Don't bother asking for info on that, it only matters to Alaskans who want equal representation.
Legislature rejects Palin's AG nominee - Juneau Empire

Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
As much as Walin' wishes it were so, Alaska is NOT a dictatorship.

Here's some more CURRENT information re Alaska and the stimulus money

Legislature reaches for stimulus funds - Juneau Empire

Senators reject Palin's plan for stimulus - Juneau Empire
Senators reject Palin's plan for stimulus
"
I am not sure anyone said it was a dictatorship, that is the legislators perogative and is rational but misguided in my view. Who will make up the difference when the federal money dries up, you will. Palin wants to avoid the potential for future tax increases which seems a virtual certainty given a $1 billion in debt and now because of the federal stimulus taking on more obligations.

You have got to stop demonizing people because you don't agree with them. You look very foolish. You have been proven wrong twice because you are blinded by hate. A more moderate tone would perhaps advance your point of view.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Look you have been proven wrong on both counts run along.
The only things you've proven are that you know how to use Google and post links to pieces you think help prove your case and you have, as you yourself have stated, no clue what is going on in Alaska.

You say you know about Alaska politics? You know nothing about what's going on here. AND, if you want Wailin' Palin to represent you in your state, you can have her.

I'll keep posting and educating people on the ongoing comedy known as the Wailin' Palin' Lyin' Comedy Hour as long as she aspires to federal office. Stay tuned, more to come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies