Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,215,209 times

Advertisements

Gee I didn't know President FDR appeared on TV right after the '29 stock market crash:

Biden's List of Political Blunders - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/17/bidens-list-political-blunders/ - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Gee I didn't know President FDR appeared on TV right after the '29 stock market crash:

Biden's List of Political Blunders - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/17/bidens-list-political-blunders/ - broken link)

Wow! It looks like he's turning into another Dan Quayle. This could be important. He could end up having just as much impact.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:26 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post

Thought? How about without a doubt Palin would... Please any link other than FAUX Entertainment NEWS would be more gratifying...

Old 04-17-2009, 11:29 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
We knew should make a Fool of herself and our country as VP.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Thought? How about without a doubt Palin would... Please any link other than FAUX Entertainment NEWS would be more gratifying...
I realize Demos aren't very smart, but there is no such thing as FAUX news.
There is, however, a FOX news channel, the only true and reliable news available. If you don't watch FOX for the truth, you aren't intelligent enough to enter into political discussions...

Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There is, however, a FOX news channel, the only true and reliable news available. If you don't watch FOX for the truth, you aren't intelligent enough to enter into political discussions...
Post of the day and line of the day!

We *do* watch Faux for the truth. Constantly.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I really don't get these delusional Fox News supporters. Before I ever realized that Fox News was biased, I could tell that it was a pathetic news station because of the idiocy of the reporters (they can't pronounce any foreign name correctly) and the over-saturation of graphics and colors. Legitimate news doesn't have people yelling at each other (as they do on Fox all the time) and it certainly doesn't have to have such overwhelming graphics everywhere.

Seriously, I can understand you having a political position, but to be so blindly supportive of such a pathetic tabloid of a "news" channel is just sad.

Anyone with half a brain can understand that Fox News is Faux news, regardless of their political affiliation. I'm not saying that MSNBC or CNN are so great, but Fox News is like the National Enquirer of TV "News" Journalism.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:52 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Joe Biden is actually a pretty smart guy. He is also a lover of his own voice and at times wild hyperbole. That makes him human. And very, very entertaining.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,215,209 times
"Faux" news, what a funny nickname for Fox, tee hee giggle

Do you have any idea how incredibly childish and idiotic it is to use petty little nicknames like that just because you don't like something? Never mind disliking it because it (allegedly) is so "right wing," meaning - gasp - a different viewpoint from your own? It's the "other side," they are always wrong and stupid, while "we" are so brilliant and noble and blah etc!

PS and to be fair, people who similarly rip on CNN for being "left wing" aren't much better.

Grow up already. Neither is half as bad as people try to pretend, good grief. It's not like Fox made this stuff up. I just think it's ironic how people ripped on Palin mercilessly at every little word (often in similarly childish, petty, asinine ways) and went to great pains to show what a stupid, gaffe-filled VP she would've been....and there's Biden proving no better, in fact likely worse (eg I'm thinking even Palin knew there was no TV and FDR wasn't the President in '29).

Old 04-19-2009, 08:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Here ya go Dukie, Crazy Joe in his own words. The gift that keeps on giving.

YouTube - Real Man of Genius: Joe Biden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies