Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I really don't get these delusional Fox News supporters. Before I ever realized that Fox News was biased, I could tell that it was a pathetic news station because of the idiocy of the reporters (they can't pronounce any foreign name correctly) and the over-saturation of graphics and colors. Legitimate news doesn't have people yelling at each other (as they do on Fox all the time) and it certainly doesn't have to have such overwhelming graphics everywhere.

Seriously, I can understand you having a political position, but to be so blindly supportive of such a pathetic tabloid of a "news" channel is just sad.

Anyone with half a brain can understand that Fox News is Faux news, regardless of their political affiliation. I'm not saying that MSNBC or CNN are so great, but Fox News is like the National Enquirer of TV "News" Journalism.
Yeah, I bet Fox loves those prison shows they have on all of the time. Oh yeah...my bad. That is MSNBC that constantly has tabloid TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Fact, you have no idea what I'm talking about

Fact, you post an EDITORIAL as proof/evidence. Confirms you don't know what proof/evidence is.

Fact, you post a month old link re. legislation (which is still in session) and ignore the recent legislation decisions as proof/evidence. Confirms you have no interest in proof/evidence.

Fact, you resort to name calling someone who has post after post proven what you yourself have said, you don't know what I'm talking about and you have no interest in 'proof'.

You're only purpose here as evidenced by your own posts is to exhibit your lack of knowledge as to what Wailin' Blamin' Lyin' Palin is doing to Alaska. Why don't you read some of the comments below the RECENT Alaska news accounts (not what some of her idolators in Indiana think)about the Governor to see what Alaskans think of her. You can find them using any search engine you choose.

As for me, I'm done with you. Dealing with you're kind of blind ignorance isn't challenging but it is time consuming. Also, I'm likely to be charged with mistreatment of the handicapped if I continue. You're on ignore.
Don't worry, Siouxcia...anyone with the ability to read and comprehend knows that you've backed up your statements sufficiently in this thread.

Funny how some people will keep arguing with you and belittling you, even though it was fairly obviously proven ten posts ago that they have no idea what they're talking about. Ignore is probably the best option in this type of situation...they're not interested in learning what they do not know or understand...they're only interested in arguing for the sake of argument.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,773,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Gee I didn't know President FDR appeared on TV right after the '29 stock market crash:

Biden's List of Political Blunders - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/17/bidens-list-political-blunders/ - broken link)

WOW, welcome to September of 2008.

A bit late, aren't we?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:37 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,829 times
Quote:
I really don't get these delusional Fox News supporters. Before I ever realized that Fox News was biased, I could tell that it was a pathetic news station because of the idiocy of the reporters (they can't pronounce any foreign name correctly) and the over-saturation of graphics and colors. Legitimate news doesn't have people yelling at each other (as they do on Fox all the time) and it certainly doesn't have to have such overwhelming graphics everywhere.

Seriously, I can understand you having a political position, but to be so blindly supportive of such a pathetic tabloid of a "news" channel is just sad.

Anyone with half a brain can understand that Fox News is Faux news, regardless of their political affiliation. I'm not saying that MSNBC or CNN are so great, but Fox News is like the National Enquirer of TV "News" Journalism.
is that why more people watch fox news than the other cable news sources combined???
Or should I just trust Stewart and Colbert to give it to me straight, like so many on CD....

Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:

That reminds me of when Anna Nichole Smith died and Fox news covered it 24/7 for about 2 weeks.
Wait... You mean that was CNN???
But I thought fox news was the national enquirer of news stations?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Joe Biden is actually a pretty smart guy. He is also a lover of his own voice and at times wild hyperbole. That makes him human. And very, very entertaining.
and a pathological liar to boot!!!
When you're right... you're right.: Say it ain't so, Joe...because from what I hear, it ain't.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The arguments against Palin were more than about her gaffes. She didn't know what she was supposed to do as VP! She couldn't describe the job correctly. Simply put, she wasn't ready to play with the big kids.
kind of like Obama as president?

Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown - Telegraph

y'all were worried about a VP with no experience, so you elected a commander in chief with even less.
Good Job!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
It's obvious you 'have no idea' what I'm talking about. You have no idea what is going on in Alaska right now. Her being 3000 miles from home is not the issue. Why don't you read //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ngs-palin.html before you show your ignorance again.

Juneau is still without representation because she is ignoring the law regarding appointment. She's too vindictive to appoint the Democrat's choice for nominee. Before you start showing your ignorance, let me tell you that state law requires she pick someone nominated by the Dems because the person who left the position was a Dem. There is no Attorney General because she nominated a lying, disrespectful to woman, homophobe for the position. A man that, twice, Alaska lawyers rejected as unqualified for a position as judge. The Legislators, rightly, rejected her choice. She wants the legislature to accept stimulus money to replace state spending which is against stimulus law,and which will likely result in less money for Alaska which is currently $1B in debt.

Oh, and by the way, I happen to live in Alaska.

sounds like how Obama picked his cabinet.

can you post a story about Alaska being in debt. I couldn't find anything on google.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, being somewhat gaffe-prone myself, I tend to give most people who simply mis-state something the benefit of the doubt. The thing is, no one who is dissing Biden and kissing Sarah's b*** has given one example of a gaffe that Sarah made that the press tore into. I said this earlier in this thread, and I'll say it again: Sarah didn't have a clue what her job description was. That's not a "gaffe". That's ignorance.

Family? I have said many times over that most parents of daughters feel "there but for the grace of God go I". However, she opposed "explicit" sex education, favored abstinence only, and yet allowed her daughter and boyfriend to sleep together in her house. That is hypocritical! It has nothing to do with the daughter, and everything to do with Sarah.

Religion: Sarah feels that God is on her side, that God is telling her and the other Reupbs what to do, witness her comment about the war in Iraq being "God's will". I posted this before too, on another thread, will repeat here. I am more in agreement with Abraham Lincoln who said "we ask not that God is on our side, but that we are on God's side".

Every news outlet is biased in that it chooses what to print/broadcast, etc. Fox seems to pick up on the strangest stories and beat them to death.
sorry, but he is an habitual liar, not just someone who is gaffe prone.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Don't worry, Siouxcia...anyone with the ability to read and comprehend knows that you've backed up your statements sufficiently in this thread.

Funny how some people will keep arguing with you and belittling you, even though it was fairly obviously proven ten posts ago that they have no idea what they're talking about. Ignore is probably the best option in this type of situation...they're not interested in learning what they do not know or understand...they're only interested in arguing for the sake of argument.
sorry, but all sioux has proven is his/her disdain for Palin. You don't like her politics. Don't vote for her.
But a 60% approval rating after being run through the ringer by the liberal media shows that she's still going strong in Alaska.
Maybe you would be happier if you moved to a more liberal state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies