Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 AM

355 posts, read 447,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendthrift View Post
We tortured quite a few innocents.

What do we stand for? Torture?
(1) No we didn't.

(2) Darn right!
Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 AM

145 posts, read 302,436 times
Here is the line of thought pushed by yikesamillion:

15 Saudis and a handful of other Arabs attak the US.

Ergo

We torture Iraqi's who had nothing to do with it, as revenge.

Add in "biblical scriptures" and presto, you're a wingnut!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
How is it hypocritical?

I correctly quoted the Biblical scriptures that promote retaliation. You are a self-claimed atheist; so therefore you are the one that is blinded. You walk in darkness and will never be saved if you continue on the wrong path.

May you and the Lord someday, somehow, find each other.

God bless you.
LOL, you go right ahead & keep thinking that. Oh the irony of it all!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have met my God and we get along just fine.
God and I hang out on a regular basis. Cool Guy. He likes watching football, long walks on the beach, and banana cream pie. He told me personally, that "Thou that shall not believe in me, Thou shall go to hell". Scared me out of my wits. I believe.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
What exactly is wrong with torturing terrorists? The terrorists' actions are torturous when they bomb buildings, bridges, airplanes, and ships, and then take our hostages who they torture without any holds barred. What is so terrible about giving a very small amount of their own medicine back to them? What is so morbidly wrong with revenge?
Well, besides what's obviously wrong with it, the terrorists also believe they are the ones getting "revenge" on us. And frankly, their case for believing it is a lot stronger than ours.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 AM

355 posts, read 447,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Yikes...... Why are you so frightened? Why do you prefer revenge over justice? Do you want to be a torturer? These people are not military, they are civilian criminals, but they are not to be tortured or be subject to revenge. "Revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord." Believe him.
I adhere to the Biblical scriptures, and they correctly promote retaliation in such cases as murder and torture.

Who cares if they are not military? Who cares if they are civilians? They are still criminals, end of story.

Why shouldn't they be subject to revenge or torture? What do you propose doing, tapping their hands and kissing their cheeks?

Being they are not American citizens and are terrorists that have plotted to kill people and-or destroy structures, I certainly do not want them to be granted Constitutional rights under our justice system and have them over here in the United States.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,935,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, you go right ahead & keep thinking that. Oh the irony of it all!!!
You better listen to him. He knows best. He knows God more than you. God must hang at his house also. You are a blinded fool that is no where as moral superior as us. You better take your blinded ass and go find the lord. If you don't find him by the time you die the lord will sentence you to hell!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
I adhere to the Biblical scriptures
That's the problem right there. The Biblical scriptures are by and for psychotics. Get your head out of your ass long enough to get a breath of fresh air, and you might make some moral progress.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
find out what american city they are going to blow up next, do it now.
signed
a tree hugger

Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 AM

145 posts, read 302,436 times
Quote:
Who cares if they are civilians? They are still criminals, end of story.
Who is "they"? We tortured anybody we felt like, including taxi drivers.

In fact, we tortured this dude to death, and he was innocent:

Dilawar (torture victim) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If your silly little religion has room for torturing innocents because someone who looks like him harmed someone who looks like you, then you're all far more morally stunted that I previously thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies