Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM

355 posts, read 447,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendthrift View Post
Here is the line of thought pushed by yikesamillion:

15 Saudis and a handful of other Arabs attak the US.

Ergo

We torture Iraqi's who had nothing to do with it, as revenge.

Add in "biblical scriptures" and presto, you're a wingnut!
Your rationale makes absolutely no sense.

The only wingnuts are the lefties in D.C. that want to protect terrorists and give them rights under our Constitution which they are not entitled to, being they are not even United States citizens! What is it going to take for you libs to comprehend this?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Is that what I implied?

Sorry, why do you think 9/11 happened? Be specific.
Yes that is what you implied. Note the use of "implied" as opossed to "stated." If I am incorrect, feel free to clarify.

Why did 9/11 happen? Well, that requires a bit more than a quick answer. In short and paraphrasing Lawrence Wright, the transnational terrorist organization in question, Al Qaeda, has a vision. It may or may not be a realistic vision, but they are giving it a go. Said vision requires the US and the West (UK, France, Others) to be uninvolved in the Middle East. By utilizing ghastly terror attacks, they would hope to accomplish that. Then they can try to take an Islamic country, perhaps Egypt. And then they would move from there.

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Righting a wrong is not terrorism, it is retaliation at its finest.

What in your opinion counts as higher standards? Letting the terrorists run loose, bomb structures, poison people with anthrax, and behead innocent people while we either do nothing or give them a tap on the hand at the very most?

Torture does work. Revenge is beautiful and it's fun. It is even warranted in the Bible if you would take time to read it.

And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Exodus 21:23-25

And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death.
And he that killeth a beast shall make it good; beast for beast.
And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;
Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.
Leviticus 24:18-21
Another funny (not really) post from a raging "CHRISTIAN" !

"""What in your opinion counts as higher standards? Letting the terrorists run loose, bomb structures, poison people with anthrax, and behead innocent people while we either do nothing or give them a tap on the hand at the very most?"""

WHO advocated THAT???? Are you a druggy besides being a
loving "christian"" ??

"""""Torture does work. Revenge is beautiful and it's fun.""'

See what I mean? Torture others and you create/allow/encourage the psychotics who like to torture.

And, of course, they will N E V E R produce PROOF that torture works.....it just makes scared, cowardly, unprincipled "christians" feel good......and good they feel if they can cause suffering to others.....

SOME posters would be happy/delighted/enraptured to hold open the gas chamber doors and usher in those they fear.....doing it in 'god's' name....

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
If your silly little religion has room for torturing innocents because someone who looks like him harmed someone who looks like you, then you're all far more morally stunted that I previously thought.
Oh, but they are, svend, they are. You have no idea. The Bible is to moral health what methamphetamine is to physical hygiene.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's the problem right there. The Biblical scriptures are by and for psychotics. Get your head out of your ass long enough to get a breath of fresh air, and you might make some moral progress.
The Bible is to be followed and adhered to in order to be a true Christian, which you obviously are not.

I do not have my head in a donkey, but thank you for the advice.

The only psychotic is you.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
The Bible is to be followed and adhered to in order to be a true Christian, which you obviously are not.
I am not, but you and any Christians who think like you need to be in a locked ward being treated by someone who makes $125 an hour.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 AM

145 posts, read 302,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yes that is what you implied. Note the use of "implied" as opossed to "stated." If I am incorrect, feel free to clarify.

Why did 9/11 happen? Well, that requires a bit more than a quick answer. In short and paraphrasing Lawrence Wright, the transnational terrorist organization in question, Al Qaeda, has a vision. It may or may not be a realistic vision, but they are giving it a go. Said vision requires the US and the West (UK, France, Others) to be uninvolved in the Middle East. By utilizing ghastly terror attacks, they would hope to accomplish that. Then they can try to take an Islamic country, perhaps Egypt. And then they would move from there.
I'll help you.

We invaded Iraq and then stuck around in Saudi. This pissed off muslims, who attacked us several times. 9/11 was the largest of the attacks.

Had we left Saudi, no 9/11. Just like when the next attack comes, and it is invariably a response to yet another absurd foreign policy adventure of this country.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Your rationale makes absolutely no sense.

The only wingnuts are the lefties in D.C. that want to protect terrorists and give them rights under our Constitution which they are not entitled to, being they are not even United States citizens! What is it going to take for you libs to comprehend this?
Seems you've constructed a nice narrative for yourself.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Another funny (not really) post from a raging "CHRISTIAN" !

"""What in your opinion counts as higher standards? Letting the terrorists run loose, bomb structures, poison people with anthrax, and behead innocent people while we either do nothing or give them a tap on the hand at the very most?"""

WHO advocated THAT???? Are you a druggy besides being a
loving "christian"" ??

"""""Torture does work. Revenge is beautiful and it's fun.""'

See what I mean? Torture others and you create/allow/encourage the psychotics who like to torture.

And, of course, they will N E V E R produce PROOF that torture works.....it just makes scared, cowardly, unprincipled "christians" feel good......and good they feel if they can cause suffering to others.....

SOME postters would be happy/delighted/enraptured to hold open the gas chamber doors and usher in those they fear.....doing it in 'god's' name....
The Bible condones torture and revenge in certain circumstances, therefore it is highly Christian.

Torturing terrorists works. It sends a message to the terrorist networks that we are serious about this war and are not going to tolerate any further nonsense. How many times have we been attacked since September 11?

I ask, again, what is your alternative method for dealing with terrorists? I am curious to read it.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Torturing terrorists works
Provide evidence that 1) every individual we tortured was a terrorist and 2) that this torture "worked". It will help if you first define what a terrorist is, and what "worked" means. Try not to consult your bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies