Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 PM

532 posts, read 859,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont think real Christians are afraid, or affected by what goes on in the world.
I think you are right. Most Christians look forward to a better life, after this one. This one is too short to worry about. Before you know it, time has run out, and the "goodies" of this life are meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yeah right. What was the general basis for voting for Prop 8 exactly?

Gay adoption. Preferring that children languish as wards of the state rather than having a family. Very un-Christian.

Well of course there is a libertarian perspective on prop 8. The government has no compelling interest in marriage period not only should they not be in the business of endorsing gay marriage but they should not endorse any marriage. But of course you would over look that because you want to bash Christians.

Gay adoptions? You don't think there are athiests who think childeren are better off with parents of the opposite sex for reasons other that Christianity? Do you think Muslims would be happy with this arrangement? How about African Americans?

Please you have to have a better excuse for attacking Christians!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well of course there is a libertarian perspective on prop 8. The government has no compelling interest in marriage period not only should they not be in the business of endorsing gay marriage but hey should not endorse any marriage. But of course you would over look that because you want to bash Christians.

Gay adoptions? You don't think there are athiests who think childeren are better off with parents of the opposite sex for reasons other that Christianity? Do you think Muslims would be happy with this arrangement? How about African Americans?

Please you have to have a better excuse for attacking Christians!
What percentage of the population is libertarian? And what percentage of the population is atheist? Hmmmm....

And why do you dismiss your convictions in a discussion such as this. Shouldn't you revel in saving society from gay marriage and gay adoption? Not convenient to your argument right now though, huh? It reveals the martyr complex when the power of Christianity in this country is pointed out.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
What percentage of the population is libertarian? And what percentage of the population is atheist? Hmmmm....

And why do you dismiss your convictions in a discussion such as this. Shouldn't you revel in saving society from gay marriage and gay adoption? Not convenient to your argument right now though, huh?

Why do you assume I am a Christian? I favor civil unions (I am a conservative/libertarian) I don't care one way or another about homosexual adoption.

Why don't you admit you don't like Christians (not all)?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Why do you assume I am a Christian? I favor civil unions (I am a conservative/libertarian) I don't care one way or another about homosexual adoption.

Why don't you admit you don't like Christians (not all)?
Why do you assume that I'm not Christian? I'm merely speaking of a certain segment of the Christian population; notice the "(not all)" in the thread title.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Why do you assume that I'm not Christian? I'm merely speaking of a certain segment of the Christian population; notice the "(not all)" in the thread title.
I made no assumptions about your beliefs. What segment are you talking about?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Doesn't matter. Acknowledging a god exists is creating or affirming religion.
Yet you, and others, say the government should not be creating "a religion". The fact of the matter is, they are not.

Virtually ALL religions use, in one manner or another, the word "God".

So, to say that the use of the word is tanamount to CREATING "A" religion is false.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
What segment are you talking about?
Just those that demonstrate a martyr complex like I described in the OP: //www.city-data.com/forum/8964700-post1.html

Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Just those that demonstrate a martyr complex like I described in the OP.

I don't know those people. Are you talking about a neighbor or something? Or are you ascribing some of these characteristics to a group of people based on something you saw on TV or a run in you had with a particular person. It certainly doesn't describe anyone I know.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:30 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
I don't know those people. Are you talking about a neighbor or something? Or are you ascribing some of these characteristics to a group of people based on something you saw on TV or a run in you had with a particular person. It certainly doesn't describe anyone I know.
Really? Any forum that discusses religion will bring out the martyrs. Even you say people 'attack christains' . Have you been attacked? Because I've never witnessed it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies