Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Really? Any forum that discusses religion will bring out the martyrs. Even you say people 'attack christains' . Have you been attacked? Because I've never witnessed it myself.

Again, I think if this thread had substituted Christians with African American, or muslim there would have been a swift condemnation. I believe it is acceptable in this country to demean Christians (think **** Christ (Maplethorp)). Try that kind of thing with Muslims and you would need a witness protection program.

Sorry got my artists confused. Think alternate word for urine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:35 PM

142 posts, read 221,937 times
Quote:
Really? Any forum that discusses religion will bring out the martyrs. Even you say people 'attack christains' . Have you been attacked? Because I've never witnessed it myself.
You mean like that old lady in Cali during Prop 8 who was attacked and the cross she was carrying was stomped on? Like said before, Christians aren't attacked like they are in other countries... but America is heading down that path.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:

Again what makes you think I am a Christian? Can't one be bothered by injustice without being a victim of that injustice themselves?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Again what makes you think I am a Christian? Can't one be bothered by injustice without being a victim of that injustice themselves?
I don't know or care your religious status, it just seems if someone claims christians are being attacked it's because they might just be Christian. But maybe you've witnessed it, I don't know. I just know that I have not.

I do know that people can and will be attacked and harassed for any number of reasons, even little old ladies carrying crosses, if they anger the wrong person. Tis the price you pay and risk you take for exercising your freedom of speech, especially if you speech seem to be disparaging of someone else. But claiming the largest group of people in the USA is under attack seems kind of silly.

Being loud and vocal about politics and other peoples sex lives draws some attention. Christians may feel like a target, but that's often because they have drawn the bullseye on themselves.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
I don't know those people. Are you talking about a neighbor or something? Or are you ascribing some of these characteristics to a group of people based on something you saw on TV or a run in you had with a particular person. It certainly doesn't describe anyone I know.

YouTube - Is Christianity Under Attack?

'War' on Christians Is Alleged

FOXNews.com - 12/01/05 FOX Poll: Courts Driving Religion Out of Public Life; Christianity Under Attack - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

The Christian Chronicle » news » national » Federal judge: Faith under attack in U.S..

CRIMINALIZING CHRISTIANITY
(a source that is a favorite of some on this forum)

NRB: Religious Freedom Under Attack - US - CBN News - CBN.com

American Traditionalism | Christianity Under Attack in Public Schools

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...dy-county.html

Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I don't know or care your religious status, it just seems if someone claims christians are being attacked it's because they might just be Christian. But maybe you've witnessed it, I don't know. I just know that I have not.

I do know that people can and will be attacked and harassed for any number of reasons, even little old ladies carrying crosses, if they anger the wrong person. Tis the price you pay and risk you take for exercising your freedom of speech, especially if you speech seem to be disparaging of someone else. But claiming the largest group of people in the USA is under attack seems kind of silly.

Being loud and vocal about politics and other peoples sex lives draws some attention. Christians may feel like a target, but that's often because they have drawn the bullseye on themselves.
See post #122.

I don't think any group should be targeted for expressing their views.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
You're kidding right? How many links do you want on the Lock Ness Monster?
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that you haven't recognized this discourse for yourself, especially given that you participate in the forum and presumably read others' posts. But let's assume that you don't. If you don't want to educate yourself, fine by me. But the links are culled from reliable sources. And you are certainly welcome to research the topic for yourself.

Nighty night.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that you haven't recognized this discourse for yourself, especially given that you participate in the forum and presumably read others' posts. But let's assume that you don't. If you don't want to educate yourself, fine by me. But the links are culled from reliable sources. And you are certainly welcome to research the topic for yourself.

Nighty night.
I am fairly well educated and I have seen plenty of anti-Christian bigotry in this forum to recognize it when I see it.

Nighty night.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
It seems simply that those who are non-religious - be they atheists or agnostics feel some how threatened by those that identify themselves as religious - and they feel even more threatened and tend to lash out when someone around them is discussing religion with others - to the point where I have personally witnessed a situation where an atheist broke into a discussion others were having to tell them how stupid they were for believing in a "fantasy".

Why does this group feel so threatened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies