Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
People have been predicting an Iranian revolution against the theocratic government since November 1979. Thirty years later the same mantra is being espoused without any consideration for the thirty years of failed predictions that occurred prior.

Ever hear of the story of the boy who cried wolf? Or perhaps the adage "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" Both have to do with the complete lack of credibility. Anyone who predicts an Iranian revolution clearly is ignorant of Iran's recent 30-year history and has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.
The People of Iran have been pushed much farther with this election than any other time since the current crop assumed power. Once a government ignores or trashes the will of the People they are asking for revolution. I think you are in for a big surprise.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The People of Iran have been pushed much farther with this election than any other time since the current crop assumed power. Once a government ignores or trashes the will of the People they are asking for revolution. I think you are in for a big surprise.
Casper
Considering that it has been 30 years since the last Iranian revolution, I won't be holding my breath. Keep predicting after every election that Iranians are going to revolt, maybe after a few hundred times being wrong, you may be right just once.

Meanwhile, I will predict that the sun will suddenly explode, and I will be right more often than your predictions about Iran's revolution.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
You can't oppress economies, people or information to the point where freedom reigns. Iran is going in the wrong direction...

Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,648 times
Dukester, you can't possibly believe the stuff you post. Have you actually ever spoken with a Conservative (other than just saying "no u")?

You constantly post, "Conservatives believe X" or "Neocons don't care about X" when it is almost always wrong. You might be enlightened to find out that we don't all kill puppies, and some of us actually care about ending poverty more than the supposedly kindred Democrat party.

You really need to broaden your perspectives, you will find out that not all Conservatives think JUST LIKE Dick Cheney, Ann Coulter, or any other figurehead of our movement.

Conservatives don't think that all Liberals think like Jeremiah Wright, but you wouldn't know that as you only read far left websites.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:54 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seychel View Post
What matters is what is happening after the election. This is very encouraging. Maybe there will be a big change in the government. The world is watching.
And the Iranians couldn't care less. What is the world going to do? Talk? Well that will certainly scare them.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Dukester, you can't possibly believe the stuff you post. Have you actually ever spoken with a Conservative (other than just saying "no u")?

You constantly post, "Conservatives believe X" or "Neocons don't care about X" when it is almost always wrong. You might be enlightened to find out that we don't all kill puppies, and some of us actually care about ending poverty more than the supposedly kindred Democrat party.

You really need to broaden your perspectives, you will find out that not all Conservatives think JUST LIKE Dick Cheney, Ann Coulter, or any other figurehead of our movement.

Conservatives don't think that all Liberals think like Jeremiah Wright, but you wouldn't know that as you only read far left websites.
I do not hate all republicans let's make that right clear from the get go... What I do despise are the far right, you know the scary neoCONS the Palin & Newt types. I never suggested that all republicans think a like but judging by the republican wing of congress you would be hard to convince me otherwise.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post

Almost forgot, are you a neoCON? If not than this particular thread doesn't really pertain to your way of thinking right?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 PM

44 posts, read 77,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Look at the protesters on the streets of tehran, that should give YOU some indication of how displeased the people of iran are.
Really?

Teheran has at least 15 Million inhabitants ... we see a couple of thousand of them especially from the wealthier and traditionally pro- western north and think that all folks in Iran support Mussawi.

Be aware that the media play with us, our brains and our emotions! The reality is only what we see on TV and in the internet ...

In Peru the army/police kill dozen native indians, but it doesn´t matter, because the media don´t focus on it ...

In southern sudan, christian and pagan tribes fight each other, but it doesnt´t matter, because the media only wants to talk about Darfur (the hidden oil conlict between the USA and China)

The strategy of our medias and think tanks against our political enemies is always the same:

Western journalists go to the wealthy quarters and speak with well dressed, english speaking citizens and our politicians promise to deal with the land and their people in another, more respectful way, IF they elect the "right" party.
We schmooze the folks and claim, that they want a change, that they prefer the western candidate ...

If they don´t obey, we shout "faked" or don´t recognize the result (f. e. after the Hamas victory in Gaza, now Iran). When the result isn´t in favor of our interests, our media shout "faked", and the pro- western candidate does the same thing, because he counts to our support

It´s a rather dirty game ...

I don´t exclude the possibility, that the clerus or the party of Ahmadinnejad could have manipulated the election, but we don´t have any evidence yet and we must realize that rural Iran is quite more conservative than the big cities!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
We'll have to wait and see. With the neocons using the fear as you chose to is disheartening at best.
First, if you truly think it's only today's neocons who feel this election was a sham, you are crazy.

Second, the Iranian elections do NOT matter whatsoever. No matter what you wrap their political system in; it's still an Islamic theocracy first and foremost. It's a theocracy governed by APPOINTED officials.

What part of any election Iran has held since 1979 has helped eveolve that country into a productive modern day society? Poeple have been fooled, it's not a government by the people. It's simply an appointed and elected dictatorship.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:57 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I do not hate all republicans let's make that right clear from the get go... What I do despise are the far right, you know the scary neoCONS the Palin & Newt types. I never suggested that all republicans think a like but judging by the republican wing of congress you would be hard to convince me otherwise.
What is the difference between the far left and the far right? Honestly? Same mentality, different ideas. To me, you seem to be a far lefty attacking the far right which lends you zero credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies