Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
How about you stuff your directives right back where they came from?
Please bend over and open wide.

Quote:
I will post what I want, where I want, when I want. If you don't like what I have to say, my style, or anything else about me, too bad. Perhaps put me on ignore if it wrecks you so badly to read my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Did you even bother to read what you just posted? Obviously not. I have bolded the relevent portion of Albright's quote for your edification. Only an uneducated moronic liberal freak could confuse the Shah of Iran with the Prime Minister.
You're the one conflating the two, not me. The series of events, which our CIA and president were involved in, led to a situation where the Shah came back into power. The deposing of the prime minister led to the reinvigoration of the Shah's power (which was waning). This is what was and is still resented. And rightfully so.

But hey, keep hounding me about how confrontational I am while you call me a freak repeatedly.

Last edited by ♠atizar♠; 06-12-2009 at 07:34 PM..

Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Please bend over and open wide.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't swing that way.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:22 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Nobody ever claimed the people were very bright. After all, look at who they elected in the US in 2008. A better example of the stupidity of the masses cannot be found.
I think I see a better example right above.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Neocons Claim Iranian Elections Don’t Matter

Got to have a boogyman to justify those increased spending budgets.

Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it. -- Douglas MaCarthur

The well of fear issues forth it's never ending supply to quench the thirst of fools.
That is just what many thought before WWii. Hitler can be dealt with. Teddy roosevelt had it right 'talk softly and carry a big stick.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Looks like the state run media declared Amenejhad the winner of the election..Guess NObama is goig to have to continue to Moderator cut: vulgar language...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-13-2009 at 10:07 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Looks like the state run media declared Amenejhad the winner of the election..Guess NObama is goig to have to continue to Moderator cut: vulgar language...
Whoever the Ayatollah wants to be President will be declared President.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-13-2009 at 10:07 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Yes and No.
Iran cannot be changed from outside. Change needs to come from within.
In he immediate term, elections may not change much. However, if a more moderate president is elected, he may help consolidate a moderate grass roots movement that is in search for a leader. Recently, I watched a TV documentary and saw the new generation in the large cities. Many young people (students, intellectuals) are in favor of reforms. They understand that Iran cannot remain in its current state. The potential for change is there.
That been said, there are many "ifs" in the way of deep reforms.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Yes and No.
In he immediate term, elections may not change much. However, if a more moderate president is elected, he may help consolidate a moderate grass roots movement that is in search for a leader. Recently, I watched a TV documentary and saw the new generation in the large cities. Many young people (students, intellectuals) are in favor of reforms. They understand that Iran cannot remain in its current state. The potential for change is there.
I think I saw that same documentary. It was quite the eye-opener. We have been misled about some things, or so it seems.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is just what many thought before WWii. Hitler can be dealt with. Teddy roosevelt had it right 'talk softly and carry a big stick.
Yes, and Hitler was dealt with. Teddy did understand, but the only point of the "talk softly and carry a big stick" quote that people focus on is the stick. The talk softly part is all but discarded and dismissed. I think the recent Obama speech in Cario made some important strides, then to be followed up by Hillary telling Iran, "attack Israel and we will attack you", was pretty clear, to the point, and hard to misconstrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Yes and No.

From what I am gathering, both of the two main parties claimed victory but the Iranian media was announcing Ahmadinejad the victor. Considering those massive protest and parades of support, I can see why Iran decided to have a total and utter communications black out today. If Ahmadinejad is declared the victor, we very well may see a revolution begin in Iran.

So whatever neoconservatives, left or right think about the outcome of the elections, it most certainly means something and the repercussions might be more than folks expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies