Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanCiticen View Post
Really?

Teheran has at least 15 Million inhabitants ... we see a couple of thousand of them especially from the wealthier and traditionally pro- western north and think that all folks in Iran support Mussawi.

Be aware that the media play with us, our brains and our emotions! The reality is only what we see on TV and in the internet ...
If a picture can say a thousand words, we know there were hundreds of thousands of protesters.

Further, do you have some media outlet in your front pocket giving you better insight as to the events taking place in Iran? I would sure like to get in on that since I'm being brainwashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Iranian elections don't matter any more than Iraqi elections mattered when Saddam was in power. A religious genocidal dictatorship is still a religious genocidal dictatorship no matter who is put into power. Only the incredibly naive and inexperienced Affirmative Action President and his devote kool-aid drinkers think the Iranian election will make any difference.
Yea, the Neo Cons love to talk about spreading Freedom yet forget we overthrew a democratically elected president (of Iran) and installed a dictator to take his place. In the next breath they claim that countries like Iran "hate us for our freedom."

Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
What is the difference between the far left and the far right? Honestly? Same mentality, different ideas. To me, you seem to be a far lefty attacking the far right which lends you zero credibility.
You have no credibility whatsoever! How do you know how far left I go? Cause I have great disdain for Palin, is that why? Plain is simply over her head in politics and what really is troubling is that she is too ignorant to realize it, she looks and acts like a fool...

I just used Palin as an example even though she has no beaing in this thread.

Last edited by dukester.2; 06-16-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 03:50 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I think Obama and the noeobams must be getting a little nervous looking at the people of Iran protesting a stolen election and illegitimate despot being challenged.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 AM

156 posts, read 133,814 times
Quote:
Really?

Teheran has at least 15 Million inhabitants ... we see a couple of thousand of them especially from the wealthier and traditionally pro- western north and think that all folks in Iran support Mussawi.

Be aware that the media play with us, our brains and our emotions! The reality is only what we see on TV and in the internet ...

In Peru the army/police kill dozen native indians, but it doesn´t matter, because the media don´t focus on it ...

In southern sudan, christian and pagan tribes fight each other, but it doesnt´t matter, because the media only wants to talk about Darfur (the hidden oil conlict between the USA and China)

The strategy of our medias and think tanks against our political enemies is always the same:

Western journalists go to the wealthy quarters and speak with well dressed, english speaking citizens and our politicians promise to deal with the land and their people in another, more respectful way, IF they elect the "right" party.
We schmooze the folks and claim, that they want a change, that they prefer the western candidate ...

If they don´t obey, we shout "faked" or don´t recognize the result (f. e. after the Hamas victory in Gaza, now Iran). When the result isn´t in favor of our interests, our media shout "faked", and the pro- western candidate does the same thing, because he counts to our support

It´s a rather dirty game ...

I don´t exclude the possibility, that the clerus or the party of Ahmadinnejad could have manipulated the election, but we don´t have any evidence yet and we must realize that rural Iran is quite more conservative than the big cities!
ok, have it your way.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think Obama and the noeobams must be getting a little nervous looking at the people of Iran protesting a stolen election and illegitimate despot being challenged.
It's something we democrats should have done (protested) when the war monger stole the 2 elections before President Obama. Instead, we laid down and took it, jeez we're easy.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:35 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You have no credibility whatsoever! How do you know how far left I go? Cause I have great disdain for Palin, is that why? Plain is simply over her head in politics and what really is troubling is that she is too ignorant to realize it, she looks and acts like a fool...

I just used Palin as an example even though she has no beaing in this thread.
I don't know, many of your posts make you seem like a militant lefty. Maybe I just misinterpreted them?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
So aren't they admitting that no matter what

Iran does, we just want to nuke 'me . Just because.

It doesn't matter if Iran applies to become the
51st state. It doesn't matter if Iran sends us postcards

with kittens and flowers.

It isn't about Iran. It is about the need to manufacture
a crisis to justify our hatred and paranoia.
Think Progress » Neocons Claim Iranian Elections Don’t Matter
Are you really this thick-headed? That the elections don't matter have nothing to do with American wanting to nuke anyone. The elections don't matter because they're NOT FREE. Either candidate is a puppet for the real, totalitarian rulers, and if you bothered to do some research on that subject or employ some real critical thinking, rather than your obvious left-wing bias, maybe you'd "get" that. The Iranian people WANT free, real elections and not to be pawns and fodder of their rulers. They see that Iraq has had 2 free elections in the past 5 years, along with local elections and what is happening in that country, much to your probable denial, Iraq is moving slowly towards some semblence of a democracy. That's what the Iranians want. They don't have that. Not even with these elections.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Really?

In Peru the army/police kill dozen native indians, but it doesn´t matter, because the media don´t focus on it ...

In southern sudan, christian and pagan tribes fight each other, but it doesnt´t matter, because the media only wants to talk about Darfur (the hidden oil conlict between the USA and China)

The strategy of our medias and think tanks against our political enemies is always the same:

Western journalists go to the wealthy quarters and speak with well dressed, english speaking citizens and our politicians promise to deal with the land and their people in another, more respectful way, IF they elect the "right" party.
We schmooze the folks and claim, that they want a change, that they prefer the western candidate ...

If they don´t obey, we shout "faked" or don´t recognize the result (f. e. after the Hamas victory in Gaza, now Iran). When the result isn´t in favor of our interests, our media shout "faked", and the pro- western candidate does the same thing, because he counts to our support

It´s a rather dirty game ...

I don´t exclude the possibility, that the clerus or the party of Ahmadinnejad could have manipulated the election, but we don´t have any evidence yet and we must realize that rural Iran is quite more conservative than the big cities!
Iran bans foreign journalists from covering rallies - CNN.com

Oh, BTW, the population of Tehran is NOT 15 Million, it's more like 8. I figured you'd want to know what the truth is.

WikiAnswers - What is Tehran Iran's population

The total population of Iran is about 70 mil.
The least people could do on this thread is give an opinion, and if making claims, to at least be truthful about it.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM

28 posts, read 35,774 times
Tehran(the city)~8 mil
Tehran(the province)~13 mil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies