Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Hasn't anyone who opposes a new health system in America even realised how many jobs would be created? Obviously not as they have a job and health cover.
I wonder how many people working for insurance companies would lose theirs?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I wonder how many people working for insurance companies would lose theirs?
Very Few!
Private Health Insurance has been proved in all countries with a UHC to still carry on. The only difference is that the premiums are much much cheaper, the quality of the service has to be higher. The only real difference is that the profits for the CEO's are lower. The CEO's are just Rich not obscenely rich.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:31 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Very Few!
Private Health Insurance has been proved in all countries with a UHC to still carry on. The only difference is that the premiums are much much cheaper, the quality of the service has to be higher. The only real difference is that the profits for the CEO's are lower. The CEO's are just Rich not obscenely rich.
So you're saying private companies would still be servicing the same numbers of users?
That everybody will purchase supplementary coverage?
Isn't a supplement all that there would be? Of course, the premium would be lower!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:42 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with being responsible to PAY some of your medical expenses.

So what if you have to pay a co-pay? I'd like to see co-pays at $50.00 or more

So what if you have a "deductible" (just like your automobile insurance)? Having to pay the first $2500 is not a big deal.

What many here are saying - or implying is, they want to go to the doctor with no out of pocket costs. That is ridiculous
YOUR co-pays can be 50 bucks but don't subject me to that crap.

I have no problem paying my little 20 co-pay to see the doctor.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:30 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Should you be allowed to 'control' the money you earn?

Seriously.

Who should we appoint to 'control' how you spend your paycheck?

I mean if we are going to treat everyone equally, someone is going to have to be appointed to tell you how you can and cannot spend the money from your paycheck, if that's what you wish for others.
After you pay all your bills and feed your family, that change is what you control. You might have made more but the rich took half of it

Old 07-19-2009, 09:03 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,372,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Most people that I call libs don't understand how many millions or even billions of dollars the pharmas spend developing new medicines. Somehow they think that those people just make the new ones without any kind of research. I guess if they ever have their way they will wonder why no new meds come out of where they are researched today.
Interestingly enough, they are moving some of the work to China (I talked to someone that is in this business, he sells contract test lab work), so if they can't make enough money I'm sure more work will go to China. I wonder if they considered this part in the bill.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
a great idea, but i think we are broke.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM

439 posts, read 443,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
After you pay all your bills and feed your family, that change is what you control. You might have made more but the rich took half of it

Your apparent desire to control other people's money has a good old fashioned name.

Covetousness.

It is really none of your business how others spend what they have earned, is it?

(For the record, my income would qualify below the 'poverty line'. I am not rich, nor any where near it.)

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,877 times
Quote:
Hasn't anyone who opposes a new health system in America even realised how many jobs would be created? Obviously not as they have a job and health cover.
Something that needs looking at - namely those who abuse Medicaid-Medicare, like people who shall go unnamed that I know who routinely go to the emergency room for expensive tests and diagnosis, only to have it be nothing. Supposedly I am paying for a health plan but I would not go to the emergency room unless I was really going to die because the bill would kill me. Medicaid and Medicare fraud is costing a lot, and to pay for basic free for everyone, it has to be rooted out and cut. There are a lot of good paying jobs that would go to Americans who get the training.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Your apparent desire to control other people's money has a good old fashioned name.

Covetousness.

It is really none of your business how others spend what they have earned, is it?

(For the record, my income would qualify below the 'poverty line'. I am not rich, nor any where near it.)
But the Wage Tax only taxes the first $100,000 dollars so the rich make millions and pay no taxes on them. The rich tripled their wealth under Bush ruining the middle class in their wake. How is it just to make the middle class pay on their entire income while the rich do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies