Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 07:59 AM

306 posts, read 218,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Suddenly it's okay to hate fat people.

Articles about obesity have been flooding the media. I can't turn on CNN lately without them going on and on about the deleterious effects fat people are having on our insurance rates.

People are actually suggesting the obese be refused certain kinds of foods at restaurants...imagine that...are we going to have to have cards with our daily BMI listed before can be seated by the maitre d'? Will my wife and I have to step on a scale before we are allowed into a restaurant? What kind of society are we turning into?

And the wave of disdain being unleashed on the obese is staggering. News shows love to depict fat tummies and rears walking by, and suggestions are made that Congress has to step in.

I don't give a damn is someone wants to pudge out, and I'm sure as hell not worried about health costs because of fat people. If Congress really wanted to help the public they would put the screws to the lawyers and come up with strict limits on malpractice lawsuits. My $85 annual medical checkup in 1995 is now $450 in 2009. That's to pay for all the people my doctor had to hire for his backoffice paperwork and his malpractice insurance.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with obese people and health insurance premiums...that's a red herring folks, and we are being told it's okay to hate fat people because it's all their fault.

This is evil, vile stuff that this country is being sold.

I became fat due to anxiety,stress etc which lead to overeating...
Fat is abnormal & unnatural..
The only animal in nature which eats more than it needs is the human...
The only animal with eating disorders.
Therefore ,those who became fat must realise their abnormality
& try to correct it.

If they are chronically fat & have no desire to slim down,then they are pigs & deserve isolation & discrimination...

I use to say that they only good racism is the racism against fat pigs...

Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
It's a sad day when being fat has become so normal that people are no longer aware of how gross looking they really are.

Obese Americans don't actually realize they are obese

Survey: Some Americans Okay With Being Fat

If any of these porkers ever travelled to other countries they would see their fatness put into perspective instantly, and they would know SHAME.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
the great ambition of every american with issues, to become part of a recognized protected species.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:47 PM

164 posts, read 463,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
When I'm at work with a cart and have to wait for multiple elevators because all the jumbo riders fill it I get annoyed. When I'm at the store and an obese person is so big getting around them is nearly impossible it's annoying.
You get annoyed when you see fat people riding the elevator. I guess because elevators should only be ridden by people using wheeled equipment or walking aids, and everybody else should take the stairs? The funny thing is, if they did take the stairs, someone else would complain about that:

"I hate when I'm in the stairwell at work and some fat hog is there in front of me huffing and puffing and slowing me down when I need to get between floors. It's even worse when there's a whole herd of them waddling around at the same time. If you can't go up and down some stairs without wheezing and blocking the way of people who have places to go, then just take the elevator!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I remember reading once that medical students hate when they have to work on a fat cadaver because they squirt when you cut into them.

It's all perspective. Doesn't squeezing around a fat person in a store aisle seem like much more mild annoyance now?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Got to learn to live with us,more and more are joining the ranks of the obese.

Why,just why does someone care if someone if fat anyway?

Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Got to learn to live with us,more and more are joining the ranks of the obese.

Why,just why does someone care if someone if fat anyway?[/quote]
Because...... fat people are a burden to the health care system. They are using the same reasoning that they used to vilify smokers. That's where it started.

As far as I am concered, most of us will be a "burden" on the health care system the last few years of our lives. Whether those last few years are in your 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's......most of us will rack up those health care dollars on our way out.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 AM

306 posts, read 218,883 times
Fat people should be treated fairly...

Airfares generally go by weight,right..? So,they should pay more...
Fatsos are more prone to ill health. So,they should pay higher premiums...
It's only fair...
Only fat women should mate with fatsos.
They should be fired by their slim boss & replaced by a lean human being...

Any fatso who doesn't try to diet,is a pig at heart & should be persecuted...

Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 AM

101 posts, read 86,815 times
Why shouldn't they bet targetted? If you can do that with smokers, why not fat people?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
I guess it's "free game" and "hunting season" when it comes to overweight people or other groups who become a "national target" of hate and loathe and contempt!...It's become a "sport" and "free for all." And it's considered "fine and dandy" to be this way and attack others in mean and malicious ways. (With no conscience or sense of shame about being this way.)...I wouldn't have allowed my kids to act this way or be this way when they were small. If I caught them calling other kids "pigs" I would have "set them straight" right away!...I don't understand why so many adults give themselves permission to put others "down" in such mean ways today. None of it makes any sense to me! If I went around making fun of other people I wouldn't feel good about myself at all! And my son would be the first one to "call me" on my behavior and tell me that I was being mean and a hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies