Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 08:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times

Advertisements

I am noticing many more fat people every day. They look like the Michelin man. Does anyone find huge fat people attractive ? Not just well rounded, and big people who have that type of frame, and genetic build, but those fat people who have an entire other person hanging way down over their belts, segmented thighs, tortured ankles, inner tube waists, butts that block an entire grocery store aisle. 6 chins, man boobs, no neck, jiggling flab and blubber swaying with each step. What's to like about a person who is huffing and puffing to get out of a car for 45 seconds in order to eat what amounts to a small burros worth of buffet fare ? and when they are on a scooter in the store eating a big hershey bar, is that something pleasant to behold ???

Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Press Releases | Which Costs More...Obesity or Smoking?
Quote:
Obesity adds more to health care costs than smoking does, reports a study in the March Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, official publication of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM).
James P. Moriarty, MSc, and colleagues of the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn., analyzed the incremental (additional) costs of smoking and obesity among more than 30,000 Mayo Clinic employees and retirees. All had continuous health insurance coverage between 2001 and 2007.
Both obesity and smoking were associated with excess costs for health care. Compared to nonsmokers, average health costs were $1,275 higher for smokers.
The incremental costs associated with obesity were even higher: $1,850 more than for normal-weight individuals. For those with morbid obesity, the excess costs were up to $5,500 per year.
It became OK to hate the obese right after it became OK to hate smokers.

Once the anti-smokers latched onto healthcare costs as a stick to beat smokers with.....how could we ignore the fact that the obese cost the healthcare system even more?

I must admit, I am LMAO at the fatties out there who were more than eager to vilify smokers.

"...........and then they came for me." Gotta love it!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
does that mean people including liberal are going to start hating michelle obama, after all I think her BMI is way too much. time for those haters to come out in the open.
This is why people don't or can't understand the difference between obesity and having a large frame.

Michelle Obam doesn't look obese,not even overweight.
She looks like she has a large frame. I don't see any fat jiggling on her.
Plus,your just looking at her on camera or pics,and everyone knows that they add 10 pounds,making people seem bigger than they are.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:27 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
[quote=Annie53;21960472]
Quote:

Because...... fat people are a burden to the health care system. They are using the same reasoning that they used to vilify smokers. That's where it started.

As far as I am concered, most of us will be a "burden" on the health care system the last few years of our lives. Whether those last few years are in your 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's......most of us will rack up those health care dollars on our way out.
Actually,I'm thinking since obese people will die sooner than skinny people,wouldn't they actually ease up the burden of providing Social Security when they age,because most won't make it to 65?
Wouldn't they die sooner,and by dying sooner use less money?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;25056371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Actually,I'm thinking since obese people will die sooner than skinny people,wouldn't they actually ease up the burden of providing Social Security when they age,because most won't make it to 65?
That's what all the expert's say. Obesity shortens overall life span.

As Mom used to say, ''There ain't no fat people in nursing homes''.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

Yes, they would....and so would smokers.

I guess it isn't PC to point out that those who die "young" save society money.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Default When Did it Become Okay to Start Hating the Obese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, they would....and so would smokers.

I guess it isn't PC to point out that those who die "young" save society money.

Excellent points! Why PC is wrong, pure censorship, anti-American,
and anti 1st Amendment.

PC is all about 'what is considered right and considered wrong'. Who
makes these decisions, and what give them the right to make them?

I will decide what is right and wrong. I have my Bible, Constitution
and local ordinances to help me.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
I don't hate the obese. I just don't like when they invade my space like on airplanes They can't fit in their seat so they take over mine too. Do you know how miserable that is. Well I'm sure a lot of you do. lol
I just don't understand why someone would do that to their body. Don't they care about how it affects their life.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:44 PM

151 posts, read 270,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't hate the obese. I just don't like when they invade my space like on airplanes They can't fit in their seat so they take over mine too. Do you know how miserable that is. Well I'm sure a lot of you do. lol
I just don't understand why someone would do that to their body. Don't they care about how it affects their life.

True I just dont understand how they can look in the mirror but still gain weight with their lazy lifestyle it's like they dont care about attracting a mate - I for one being a fit male will never date someone who shows such disrespect for their own body, it sickens me

Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is a tired old ploy used by liberals, and the sheeple in the Democratic Party fall for it every time.

You demonize a group of people, whether its the "rich", Wall Street executives, tobacco companies, or DOW Chemical. Once the politicians have you despising the very air they breath.... it makes it easy for the politicians to pass legislation to destroy their companies, over tax them, or just write laws to unfairly single them out for some penalty or punishment, that would otherwise never be tolerated by the people, or allowed under the Constitution.

Today they are trying to pass 0bama's health insurance plan, so its all about demonizing doctors, insurance companies and the obese. Tomorrow they will want to pass energy carbon tax legislation, so the evil doers will be big oil, coal-fueled power plants, people who use electricity and drive gasoline powered vehicles.

Liberal democrats always need their sheep hating some specific group or individuals, so they can tax them, destroy them, or marginalize them and control them.
... And the Republicans certainly have their targeted groups too: blacks, latinos, gays, women, the poor, teachers, unions etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies