Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
Did you not read what was posted earlier. That a thin person can eat alot more than a fat person? I to can attest to that. Over eating is only a small percentage, a very small percentage for Obesity.
sitting on your butt is the other.This typed from my stationary bike.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
You should have been at the Golden Corral (aka The Piggy Palace) on Thanksgiving! Probably 90% of the people in there were beyond enormous. Everyone in my family is very small and we are all still wondering how we made it out alive or at the very least not squished like bugs.
You were crazy to get near the hoggery on a Holiday

Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Back to the initial post on fat people: they have become a target and it is not a liberal vs. con issue as one poster indicated.

In America, we tend to be a take responsibility for yourself type of culture. That is part of the problem. Most heavy people can take responsibilty to control their weight and they do not have to be skinny, just control it. It's the control of oneself that is an American cultural issue.

There are other problems that have lead us to be a nation of obese people. Capatilism is one of them. We are surrounded by junk food restaurants, under a barage of advertisements for junk food and food that has no nutritional value. Sale, sale, sale that sugar and high fat food. Then there is the problem with laziness. WE have become a nation of people who are too lazy to cook, and to cook nutritional food.

As far as health insurance goes, yes, we pay for their lack of self-control. Fat people have many more health related problems.

Of course, there is much more, but that is a start.

I've recently become annoyed at the fat people who drive around the supermarket in motorized carts. I recently broke a bone that had me in a cast and on crutches, so I actually needed the motorized cart to shop. I shopped alone, did it myself and managed. The motorized carts are almost always being used by fat people who really need to get their azzes up and moving.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
When did telling the truth in a blunt manner "become hate?"
It is not except that when we are faced with the truth about ourselves it can feel so bad that we can be tempted to label it "hate."

The truth about gay marriage being wrong is not an expression of "hate" for most of us, either. (Of course for some folks anything they say can be hate, but the act of telling the truth about things, alone are not hate simply because someone dares to do so.)

Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
^off topic dude
The topic of my post, you claim as "off topic", was me responding to a post directed at me, can't get any more on topic then that. If you want to cite someone for getting off topic, cite the person whose comments i was responding to.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Otis View Post
How 'bout a tax on self-righteous prigs?
I think you just solved the national debt crisis!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:06 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You were crazy to get near the hoggery on a Holiday
Yes. We were. But honestly, we go there a lot and the hoggery is sadly not limited to just the holidays. I refer to our trips there as good food, people watching entertainment and a lesson in warfare because for thin people navigating through the herd of greedy buffalo is like walking through a minefield lol. The only safe place is the salad bar because no one is ever over there.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Yes. We were. But honestly, we go there a lot and the hoggery is sadly not limited to just the holidays. I refer to our trips there as good food, people watching entertainment and a lesson in warfare because for thin people navigating through the herd of greedy buffalo is like walking through a minefield lol. The only safe place is the salad bar because no one is ever over there.
Haha! epic.

The only times I hate fat people is when they're in the way in the subway tunnelstairs. They're always so damned slow and take up the entire width.

Otherwise their problems are their problems as long as they don't whine too much about it. They're fat because they've made sure of it themselves and that's it.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:19 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Haha! epic.

The only times I hate fat people is when they're in the way in the subway tunnelstairs. They're always so damned slow and take up the entire width.

Otherwise their problems are their problems as long as they don't whine too much about it. They're fat because they've made sure of it themselves and that's it.
Heh. That would probably annoy me too.

FWIW, before I get accused of hating fat people, I really don't hate them. I am just postively terrified of them when at an all you can eat buffet.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:47 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times
I don't feel entitled to make some people the target of my jokes or malicious sarcasm...This is childish behavior as far as I'm concerned and shameful..No wonder so many kids become bullies today because they are surrounded by adults who feel entitled to act like bullies themselves...It's one thing to "feel concerned" about something. But it's "something else" when people start "throwing stones" and attacking others in mean ways...This is bigotry to me and I don't want to be a part of any of it. (Whether it comes to attacking overweight people or gay people or the opposite political party etc.)...I'm no "saint" and I'm not perfect myself. None of us are perfect. We all have faults and flaws of one kind of another...I like to discuss issues in mature and civil ways. (Versus resorting to childish slurs and jokes about certain segments of our population.) I don't hate anyone but I do hate all of the scapegoating and bullying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies