Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not at all - but, if someone like me does want such coverages, I should be able to have them - don't you think?
Nobody is preventing it. If anyone does, it will be your insurance provider (be it private or public).

Quote:
Will I still be able to see ANY doctor I want to like I currently do?
Why not? Today your insurance provider decides your healthcare provider. It won't change tomorrow, if the reform as referred to (OP) goes thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
OK - now for some straight talk -

First off - the Democratic bill is in some serious trouble in the Congress - Support for the bill - even by Democrats, is falling - and falling quite a bit. One of the reasons for this problem is the "Public Option". At this point, that option has been REMOVED from the House version. There is tremendous opposition to the "Public Option" TM in the Congress - with MANY Democrats opposing it (the Blue Dog Dems).

First off - let's not guarantee anyone that the Dem bill will pass.

Then, there is the GOP bill which WILL GET HEARINGS and a vote

Last, the public option is in serious trouble - and that is a FACT
I'm still seeing references to a public option greatday.
Where can I find substantiation for that statement?
Was that done after August 3rd?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Not at all - but, if someone like me does want such coverages, I should be able to have them - don't you think?
Don't you think you are getting a bit paranoid over nothing?

If you are afraid that your religious decision to opt out of government run healthcare, such as Medicare, will prevent you from obtaining any medical care in the future, I think you can relax.

Your previous posts have stated how wealthy you are so, I think you will always be able to buy what you want if even out-of-pocket.

Last edited by jojajn; 08-07-2009 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: grammer

Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM

From what I read insurers must offer a basic plan.
Then they can add an enhanced plan and then a premium plan.
If they want they can offer a premium-plus
Maybe that will keep you safe from the unwashed masses, greatday

For everybody...it does look like dental and optical would only come with the 4th level.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Sorry but I disagree about Medicare working fine. My parents are over 65 and ever since Medicare took over they have the hardest time even finding a doctor that takes it because of the bureaucracy. Medicare is not a well oiled machine, not by a long shot.

Please tell me how it will be paid for?
Why don't your parents just buy a private insurance plan then?

They could buy a really good one like Greatday brags about having.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why don't your parents just buy a private insurance plan then?

They could buy a really good one like Greatday brags about having.
jojajn
I think I have told you this before (maybe it was someone else).
Insurance companies cannot sell policies that are primary to anyone qualified for Medicare.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
jojajn
Insurance companies cannot sell policies that are primary to anyone qualified for Medicare.

Yes.. but then a person can purchase supplemental above what medicare offers.. and add on things that they want covered on toop of what government will provide as the minimum.. no?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
jojajn
When I was married, my then husband, qualified for Medicare due to a disability. However, he opted to have my employment insurance as his primary coverage and had no problem. In fact, after we divorced, he had to prove to Medicare that he no longer had this insurance in order to have Medicare cover him.

Please reference your assertion that Insurance companies cannot sell policies that are primary to anyone qualified for Medicare.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM

TM....yes, Medicare approved supplements can be purchased that can only contain options approved by Medicare.
They do raise the out of pocket costs into the range you find unacceptable for insurance coverage though.

jojajn
You are correct.
I should have said Medicare qualified persons over age 65.
My disabled daughter is extremely grateful that her 'old' insurance company is primary to Medicare

Faced with proving his statement it looks like greatday must have gone out to check his clam pots again

Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
greatday has tried and tried to keep reminding you that what is before us is NOT UHC!
Do you really think that what is before the Country now is what will be the final outcome? Of Course not.
There is so much venom being whipped up on both sides that this will NOT be swept under the carpet or a quick solution. This is just the opening gambit and whether a UHC will be finally implemented is not known by me, you or anyone yet.
Let the battle continue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies