Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Bad things can happen when any parent is a rabid believer in ANYTHING whether it be religion, political ideology, a certain diet, etc.

It would be nice if most kids could decide for themselves without their parents shoving their own beliefs down their kids throat.
I think most kids do decide for themselves in the end. While they live at home is one thing. When they are out on there own is another.

The sad truth, however, is that when they go to a college dominated by "liberal" professors, the are likely to believe everything that professor tells them. The "professors" become surrogate parents. The students still can't think for themselves.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Attachment 47402
I think abortion, or sterilization should be mandatory for parents who dress their offspring like that....

Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Their nutcase parents thought for them. I think that's obvious. It's just like every kid (right, left, D or R) who have whack-job right, left, D or R parents. There are a plenty-o whacky-a$$ed D and liberal parents who do the same. If you don't admit that, you are not being realistic at all. And...there are A LOT of religious Democrats who are exactly the same regarding their feelings towards homosexuals. BTW...How do you know these kids' parents are Republicans? I'm curious.
I agree with you. There is no shortage of nuts in any party.

And even among those that support more mainstream causes.....I put my DS & DD in prochoice t-shirts for rallies. Now they are 12 & 15 and are pro life. You can lead a horse to water....

I did notice that in the OP's pix...the two boys are holding hands

Old 08-21-2009, 08:36 PM

689 posts, read 743,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I agree with you. There is no shortage of nuts in any party.

And even among those that support more mainstream causes.....I put my DS & DD in prochoice t-shirts for rallies. Now they are 12 & 15 and are pro life. You can lead a horse to water....

I did notice that in the OP's pix...the two boys are holding hands
Yeah...holding hands in solidarity!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,262 times
Quote:
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Attachment 47402
I think this makes the case agianst those loony gay and lasbians people trying to adopt young kids they are so impresionable We have to think about the human race it would disapear if this loonys are allowed to adopt and mold this young minds.Ha this is way more critical then a few nutcase republicans

Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Fred Phelps is a democrat.

Quote:
Attachment 47402

Old 08-23-2009, 04:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
They are children, they should not be making decisions for themselves. This is why so many kids are messed up today, parents have gotten to the point of letting go of their responsibilities and letting the kids make choices that they are not ready to make yet.

Sure radicalism isn't the best way to raise a kid, but at least they are trying to raise their kids, unlike a lot of Americans who let the television set and the internet do it.
Exactly!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, I actually do know some republicans. An ex-friend & some members of my family. My dad is a libertarian. The ex-friend is a nut, my family members not so much. The republicans or conservatives or whatever they deem themselves on this forum? I'd say they're pretty nuts.
Does that include me Karfar????

Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
UTHO!!
big problem tho ...

Fred Phelps is a registered Democrat in Kansas, and has even ran for the Democratic primary for governor three times (1990, 1994, and 1998).
BIO of the hatemonger
LOL! Really???? Ole Freddy is a Democrat???!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think most kids do decide for themselves in the end. While they live at home is one thing. When they are out on there own is another.

The sad truth, however, is that when they go to a college dominated by "liberal" professors, the are likely to believe everything that professor tells them. The "professors" become surrogate parents. The students still can't think for themselves.
that's completely ridiculous. and since when are all professors liberal? is that a requirement to be hired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies