Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:44 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A number of states have passed State Constitutional Amendments defining marriage as between one man and one woman
Ya don't say!
How could I have EVER figured this out without your help?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Ya don't say!
How could I have EVER figured this out without your help?
By next year, somewhere in the neighborhood of 43 states will have such definitions in their Constitutions.

As a result, Same Sex "Marriage" is not going to happen.

Civil Unions are the way to go.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 PM

97 posts, read 102,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
This is retarded... troll all you want KevK... I seen much worse from liberals...
I know right?

What about the ghetto trash (that votes Dem) teaching their kids all the racist ways of hating the white man?

Of course, most African Americans are like this, but there are enough that teach their kids to be racists like this that it is a problem.

This has got to be most ignorant thread ever started by a lefty wingnut (and there have been many)

Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Have you met the same Republicans I have encountered? Yeah...didn't think so.

Republicans who are gay are no different to me than black people who hate themselves because they're black. Why belong to a party that hates you?

As much as you want to deny it Greatday, there are PLENTY of people in the Republican party who hate gay people.
That's stupid. I'm gay and also a moderate republican. Sure there are some republicans out there who hate gay people, but I have met plenty of democrats who hate us too. I have had more than my share of so called "tolerant" democrats say derogatory things about gay people while they assumed I was straight, and then as soon as they found out I was gay they acted like they were my best friend. If someone doesn't like me because I'm gay I'd prefer them come right out and call me a f*g to my face, rather than trying to be PC and then talk behind my back. I may agree with the democratic party more on gay issues, but I'm not a single issue voter. There are lots of other issues that outweigh the gay issue for me, and lots of other gay people feel the same way.

And your reference to black people makes no sense, I certainly don't hate myself because I'm gay.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
I have never been crazy about parents using their children (or other's) to make political statements. Those kids look way to young to know what those shirts mean; they may be too young to even read them. This goes for both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Attachment 47402

Those are your kids........

Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Can imagine little nancy pelosi's running around?

Little wacko kids acting like Nancy would be a major concern.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
yep...lol That was a pretty good rant you had going there.
And yet, you have nothing to say, lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Alot of hate and anger there "PurpleLove". Perhaps a change in user ID might be in order. I think that when you get older, you will realize that most people do not care about your color, sexual orientation, or whatever. They are too wrapped up in thier own world to care. Hating a group of people is a waste of energy and is consuming. What every happened to happy left wing "hippies"? The left is so angry now; they were alot more fun in the past.
You're right. As I've gotten older, I've tried to not hate so much. Not that I hated in the past, but you know....but it's a little difficult not to hate or maybe I should say "despise" people when they are judging you based on what you wear, you're political affiliation, your sexual orientation as in this case. It's easy to say let it go, but when you come upon it on a daily, or weekly, or monthly basis, you tend to start not liking those types of people. I'm pretty sure you & others have the same feeling about others.....

Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM

838 posts, read 922,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Attachment 47402
I don't know your age, but please do not eqate the GOP with being one way or another on the homosexual issue. Just as many democrats as Republicans are anti homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies