Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Attachment 47402
come back and defend this KevK

Old 08-20-2009, 05:14 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Why should I have to move?
I've been in AR my whole life.
yeah but if you are miserable there it is ok to move. My wife and I just moved from New Jersey, where we lived all our lives, to Florida.

While we miss our family our lifestyle and cost of living is 1000xs better.

sorry for going off topic.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
To the defense of Republicans there not all this wacky. Most? Yes! All? No!
Now why would you say "Most? Yes!" and destroy your credibility.

I can just as easily say "Most Democrats are as fare left as Nanci Pelosi and Barack Obama". But I know that's a lie. Most Democrats I know, are not that much different than I in their beliefs. But they have been raised in families of Democrats (Mill workers, Lordstown GM plant, Delphi, Copperweld and bunches of other in the area), and they have to belong to the Union. But, that does not mean they are liberals. Many are as conservative in their thinking as I am. The Democrat Party has long ago left them. But to be a Democrat is in their blood (who can understand it, but it's the truth). They are unhappy with Obama, and they, too, are turning out at Tea Parties and at "Townhall meeting" and speaking their minds.

The White House wants you to believe that these protestors are all right-wing nut cases. "Angry mobs". I can tell you for sure (because I have met some) many are indeed Democrats.

The Democrat Party is in trouble. And they don't even know it.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Democrat Party is in trouble. And they don't even know it.
In trouble is an understatement.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Do you really think these kids think for themselves or did their religious nutcase Republican parents think for them? What do you think?
Unfortunately, I don't think projecting one's ideology through their kids is a 'conservative' only trait.

It is a scary picture though.

But, I think little kids wearing "Save the Whales" T-shirts are cute! Kiddin'

Old 08-20-2009, 05:28 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
yeah but if you are miserable there it is ok to move. My wife and I just moved from New Jersey, where we lived all our lives, to Florida.

While we miss our family our lifestyle and cost of living is 1000xs better.

sorry for going off topic.
No need for sorry.
I wouldn't say I'm MISERABLE but I definitely know some places where I would be happier. The goal is to finish college, try to get a job out of state but if that doesn't work out, I'll stay here for a few years and try my luck again at finding a job out of state.

I'll definitely miss the low cost of living but sometimes you pay a bigger price for it.

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Wow, and those loon left wing kids whose parents feel it is ok to give that 12 year old an abortion and then do it again because they failed as parents.

Most of the kids who are in my kids classes who struggle with school grades and getting along with people come from your typical left wing wackjob house who trains their kids to never take responsibility for yourself and always, always blame someone else for your failures.

The ones who don't have a clue, do not come to school activities, get involved with their kids whether it is for school or not, never show up for those parent teacher conferences etc are mostly liberals who have the Obama sticker on their dirty run down cars. Oh yea, the kids who wear the same clothes 2-3 times a week. Oh yea, liberals for sure.

Sorry to burst your rant OP, but we have bad parents on both ends of the dial but you can sure pick out the Obama robot parents and watch their kids become little Nancy Pelosi's. Please someone save those kids from being like Nancy!

843 posts, read 1,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
There are plenty more in the Republican party.
I never denied some Democrats oppose gay marriage. Many are in favor of domestic partnerships and civil unions unlike Republicans which tend to be against any government recognition of same-sex relationships.

Yep. I couldn't tell you what Obama's position is on gay marriage. I know John Kerry was against it but for civil unions. George Bush was against it but for civil unions. Dick Cheney is for gay marriage.

Voters in Republican hot bed states California, Ohio and Oregon all turned down gay marriage initiatives. It wasn't even close in California and Oregon. They all voted for Obama.

But don't let facts confuse you. You got your mind made up

Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
To the defense of Republicans there not all this wacky. Most? Yes! All? No!
Just as an asside, and this is off topic, so I'll be short: "California is superior" to ... what?

Now when I lived in Califiornia, at least in the late 60's and into the 80's, I would say that is was a wonderful state. Not true anymore. The liberals have spoiled it. Too bad. When it was a Republican state, it was a beautiful place to be.

Willy Brown may have done the most damage. But certainly Gray Davis put some nails in the coffin. And Jerry Brown (both) didn't help any. It's been a long history of back and forth between liberals and conservatives running the state; but unfortunately, the liberals took it over in the end.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Yep. I couldn't tell you what Obama's position is on gay marriage. I know John Kerry was against it but for civil unions. George Bush was against it but for civil unions. Dick Cheney is for gay marriage.

Voters in Republican hot bed states California, Ohio and Oregon all turned down gay marriage initiatives. It wasn't even close in California and Oregon. They all voted for Obama.

But don't let facts confuse you. You got your mind made up

Ahh yes, let those few politicians speak for the WHOLE party? Uhm...right....

What year did the votes on same-sex marriage happen in Ohio and Oregon? Haasn't public opinion shifted since then?

As for CA...we could spend hours talking about that but you have your mind all made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies