Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
is it really necessary to preach to children?!?!
In most cases, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 03:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
I can just see it now. You guys will be foaming at the mouth, hunched by the tv-as soon as Obama comes on & says "good morning" it'll be chaos. "OH MY GOD!! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE SAID THAT???"

Old 09-03-2009, 03:17 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
encouraging education is sooo worthless...
the guy should really do his job and stop going on vacation.we did not elect him to be a freaking school teacher.if his real job is to hard for him he should quit. hope my spelling is acceptable

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well Cap you beat me to it. My link to the same story is:

Michelle Malkin : Obama's Classroom Campaign: No Junior Lobbyist Left Behind - Townhall.com

Of course, Malkin is one of the writers that lefties who belong to the self-enforced ignorance group don't bother to read anything that she and others they group with her because they may well lose some of that self-enforced ignorance.

At any rate we both wasted our time with these attempts to help them learn what this may be about.
Michelle might want to do a little homework:

"On November 14, 1988, Reagan addressed and took questions from students from four area middle schools in the Old Executive Office Building.
According to press secretary Marvin Fitzwater, the speech was broadcast live and rebroadcast by C-Span, and Instructional Television Network fed the program “to schools nationwide on three different days
Much of Reagan’s speech that day covered the American “vision of self-government” and the need “to keep faith with the unfinished vision of the greatness and wonder of America” but in the middle of the speech, the president went off on a tangent about the importance of low taxes:"

Conservative media take note: Reagan preached tax cut gospel to America’s students | Media Matters for America

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Kids don't do **** on their own, you have to beat it into them.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
the guy should really do his job and stop going on vacation.we did not elect him to be a freaking school teacher.if his real job is to hard for him he should quit. hope my spelling is acceptable
One week of vacation is too much for you?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:26 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
One week of vacation is too much for you?
yes i have had 6 mos in yhe last year not on purpose. obama has had more than one week.the idiot has been all over the world shopping and having fun. his wife and kids even took a seperate flight back from paris so they could shop an extra 2 days. why do you ask?

Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I can't believe the new principal at our Catholic school plans to show this garbage to the kids! What a terrible disgrace on our Blessed Mother's birthday!
Sept. 8? It's August 15.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Michelle might want to do a little homework:

"On November 14, 1988, Reagan addressed and took questions from students from four area middle schools in the Old Executive Office Building.
According to press secretary Marvin Fitzwater, the speech was broadcast live and rebroadcast by C-Span, and Instructional Television Network fed the program “to schools nationwide on three different days
Much of Reagan’s speech that day covered the American “vision of self-government” and the need “to keep faith with the unfinished vision of the greatness and wonder of America” but in the middle of the speech, the president went off on a tangent about the importance of low taxes:"

Conservative media take note: Reagan preached tax cut gospel to America’s students | Media Matters for America
Thanks TigerLily, I knew other presidents had broadcast in classrooms before besides Bush I.

funny about "went off on a tangent"

Old 09-03-2009, 04:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
you obviously don't have anything worth saying, so you really don't need to respond. quit going on vacation? be a school teacher? One speech to students makes him a teacher? Find something constructive to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies