Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

LOL! The poor conservatives who want to shove the Pledge(to remind people they're Americans????) down kids throats , make 'em pray in a PUBLIC place to an air fairy and then scream because the president of their "Pledged" country wants to encourage their children to learn and do well.....guess their "god" doesn't want to do that.....

Hatred is certainly blind and stupid , too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! The poor conservatives who want to shove the Pledge(to remind people they're Americans????) down kids throats , make 'em pray in a PUBLIC place to an air fairy and then scream because the president of their "Pledged" country wants to encourage their children to learn and do well.....guess their "god" doesn't want to do that.....

Hatred is certainly blind and stupid , too!
That's been the RNC's bread and butter for forty years.

Amazon.com: Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America

Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The reference |
A representative moment

The commentary above from The Examiner asks the right question IMO: are you all this insecure about your influence over your children? Id say the problem isnt Obama...who isnt "giving your children an education"
No politician should ever address children in a broadcast manner. Politicians are dirty lying b*stards and I was even troubled by hearing that many children were listening to Reagan after the Challenger incident, though that was ad hoc.

As you're familiar with my origins, you may also find comfort in knowing those people in my family who've lived under Stalinist rule (one who liked Bill Clinton btw and liked neither candidate in 2008), have actually denounced this as an echo of their previous experience. When it comes from the horses mouth, the evidence doesn't get any more clear than that.

Obamatrons are indignant to the dangers of having their leaders address young minds because we never had a period of time where it became a channel for propaganda. Before Obamatrons get all excited about the prospect and don't see the big deal, perhaps they should speak to folks who've lived in countries where this has happened before and get their opinion. Many from Eastern Europe and Germany are still alive during their respective periods where the Fuhrer/Premier's message was distributed en masse. Why doesn't any Obamatron ask them what they think?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:48 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
White House Withdraws Call for Students to 'Help' Obama...
White House Withdraws Call for Students to 'Help' Obama - Political News - FOXNews.com

Old 09-03-2009, 06:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
I'm sure their intentions were pure of heart. Why wouldn't they be - coming from Rahm, Axelrod and obama?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the elementary school kids are not concerned with what the President has to say as well as understand what it is about.

If you were President what would you tell the students?

MORE RECESS!!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
No politician should ever address children in a broadcast manner. Politicians are dirty lying b*stards and I was even troubled by hearing that many children were listening to Reagan after the Challenger incident, though that was ad hoc.

As you're familiar with my origins, you may also find comfort in knowing those people in my family who've lived under Stalinist rule (one who liked Bill Clinton btw and liked neither candidate in 2008), have actually denounced this as an echo of their previous experience. When it comes from the horses mouth, the evidence doesn't get any more clear than that.
GWB spoke to schoolchildren via television - did your family have a problem with that?

Bush I came to my daughter's grade school -- with soldiers with rifles -- and he talked to the kids and even held one kid on his lap. All those kids managed to survive (well, maybe his son got some of them killed, later).

Lol, I cant IMAGINE the chaos that would ensue if Obama were to do something like that. Mass murder/suicides....

So what exactly do you fear he's going to say?

Do you think he's going to be talking to them every day, or something? Hope you see the flaw in your hysterical argument.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
I wonder how many of these parents prohibit their kids from being in the room when the 6:00 news is on.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
GWB spoke to schoolchildren via television - did your family have a problem with that?

Bush I came to my daughter's grade school -- with soldiers with rifles -- and he talked to the kids and even held one kid on his lap. All those kids managed to survive (well, maybe his son got some of them killed, later).

Lol, I cant IMAGINE the chaos that would ensue if Obama were to do something like that. Mass murder/suicides....

So what exactly do you fear he's going to say?

Do you think he's going to be talking to them every day, or something? Hope you see the flaw in your hysterical argument.
The main problem I have is suggesting that teachers offer assignments related to describing what they could do to "help" the President. Look, if Obama stood up after a national emergency and just tried to calm people down, I'd have less of a problem with this. No preparation time, just speaking off the cuff. I'd swallow that message easier. After the unPatriot act the Obama/Bush team supported and flag@whitehouse e-mail debacle, I have a lot less faith in politicians in general.

GWBs speech was ad hoc and during an emergency. It was not planned way in advance and certainly did not have local schools here in Wake County up in arms about being obligated to show it.

Bush came to one school. That is not a broadcast.

Oh, and your strawman in the 3rd passage was successfully averted.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I wonder how many of these parents prohibit their kids from being in the room when the 6:00 news is on.
That is their choice and they are in control of their household at that point. Teachers in Wake County are not allowed to have alternate lessons and are being required by their administrators to air His message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies