Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because he is a capitalist, and liberals hate capitalism
No . . It's because he's D*ck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
People want to believe that the "leaders do not lie." No fault in that, but Bush kept cranking the lies up a notch, and fanning the fires of paranoia. He kept pitching fits about how "Saddam is not complying with weapons inspections." He wanted that war. The military was chomping at the bit for "action." It was such an ugly picture. Powell, and ********. Rice...bellowing, and snorting flames.
I seem to remember an America that wanted some Muslim butt after 911. I seem to recall that most Americans were in favor of kicking butt in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Saddam was in violation of weapons inspections and he was also guilty of violating the no fly zone repeatedly.
No I was not for the war. I served over there and knew the deal.
As for the military chomping at the bit. No real soldier lusts for battle. Thats the movies. Yes new recruits do because they believe the movies.
Senior members do not.
While you are Bashing on Bush remember that he got a lot of help from both parties.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What? You mean his advocacy of torture isn't a good enough reason to call him evil? And you never recall having that explained to you? My goodness, welcome back from your long sleep. I hope you're feeling better rested now.
Well then a good many Americans are evil. Because most advocate torture in dire situations.
Gallup Poll: Majority Of Americans Favor Investigation Of Bush Administration For Torture Program | THE GUN TOTING LIBERALâ„¢
I think Cheny is a jerk and possibly evil. But I do like how he shows the media no respect.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Did they suddenly find WMD's in Iraq? Otherwise, Bush was a liar.

I don't recall any Dems blasting it out in Congress either.
Well then MI-6 is a liar, the Mussad is a liar. ( They are actually)
The CIA lied as well. So did a defecting general from Iraq.
Saddam could have avoided the war simply by complying.
Question ? Where did the WMD's go? He had them at one time.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What? You mean his advocacy of torture isn't a good enough reason to call him evil? And you never recall having that explained to you? My goodness, welcome back from your long sleep. I hope you're feeling better rested now.
Oh, back to those "poor" terrorists!
As I've said before, I would have no problem just killing them on the battlefield instead of capturing them. Then I wouldn't have to hear the libs whine about "torturing."

Am I evil because I believe in intense interrogation? Which is not torture necessarily. It doesn't cause permanent damage and nobody's fingers or hands are being chopped off which happens in actual torture.

When you get back from your long sleep, you will realize that the security of this country (and the world) is a lot more important than how terrorists are interrogated. Especially when such interrogation reveals info we would not have got with softball questioning.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:32 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Calling a liar isn't an issue (there's been worse name calling, since before Obama took office...). Heckling is.

But, then, I might as well go talk to the dining room table...

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Oh, back to those "poor" terrorists!
As I've said before, I would have no problem just killing them on the battlefield instead of capturing them. Then I wouldn't have to hear the libs whine about "torturing."

Am I evil because I believe in intense interrogation? Which is not torture necessarily. It doesn't cause permanent damage and nobody's fingers or hands are being chopped off which happens in actual torture.

When you get back from your long sleep, you will realize that the security of this country (and the world) is a lot more important than how terrorists are interrogated. Especially when such interrogation reveals info we would not have got with softball questioning.
They were patsies used as window dressing to get and keep folks deeply deluded.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:43 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
They were patsies used as window dressing to get and keep folks deeply deluded.
What are you talking about?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.
By apologize you mean they should be sorry he's a liar? I would think the NeoCons would say that.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What are you talking about?
My point exactly!

Scared of a little trial, scarecrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies