Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:18 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Here you go, the commies are such hypocrits it's not even funny.

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU
Doing what the democrats did to Bush in 2005 was nothing new. It was done by Republicans to Clinton, it was done by the opposition in Congress prior to that as well. However, what Wilson did is nothing new. As far as your other comment the suggestions by some that wilson's comments were racially motivated. I'm not sure, but considering Wilson is a member of Sons of Confederate Veterans I can understand why some might feel his comments may have been racially motivated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times
I'm a democrat and I never called Bush a liar. I still don't necessarily believe that Bush even feels like he is a liar. I think more than anything he feels like he assumed something was true based on faulty intelligence reports. Honestly, Iraq had a nuclear weapons program, you have had plenty of scientists testfiy about it, they just didn't have the funding. Iraq had plenty of chemical weapons that were unaccounted for. They tried their hardest to block weapons inspectors from entering the country. There was huge corruption/abuse in the Oil for food program. And Saddam was hell-bent on defying the West, and would have danced in the streets if America had gotten nuked.

From a purely circumstantial evidence point of view, it was definitely believable that Iraq might have had weapons.

The question we should have been asking is, is it our job to invade any rogue nation that is working on a nuclear weapons program? We didn't invade North Korea, we wont invade Iran. Lies or not, the people should have stood up and said NO. Instead the vast majority of americans were for the war. The Iraq resolution was passed 77-23 in the senate. And now we have lost over 4,000 men, spent ourselves bankrupt, and our country has lost all respect in the world.

Do I blame George Bush? No, I blame america for being so quick to go to war. We should have known better. We need to stop being the world police, we need to close down most of our more than 700 foreign bases in more than 100 countries all over the world. Can you imagine if Russia or China had their military bases all over our country? Do you think you would be ok with that?

Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.
Who really cares. Frankly I think the democrats who insulted Bush while he was president were immature, ideologues. The current batch of conservatives that are bashing Obama proves that they are just as immature as the democrats who insulted Bush. It's a shame that conservatives cannot take the high road and choose instead the low road that the democrats during Bush's presidency.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I'm not a Dem but why should we apologize for calling Bush a Liar?
He stood in front of of Congress and the American people and stated that Saddam had WMD.
Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore and John Kerry all made the same claim.

Quote:
Hans Blix of the UN said Saddam did not posses WMDS and their was no evidence either. Did we listen to him? NO and the reason is IRAQ was a pre meditated War far before the events of 9/11.
It may have been premeditated, but not by Bush. In 1998, Congress passed and Bill Clinton signed a bill making regime change in Iraq official U.S. policy.

Quote:
Saddam may have been the biggest piece of crap to ever govern a nation but he wasn't about to attack the US.
That was also said about al Qaeda and the Taliban... they would never attack the U.S. Unfortunately, they did. Big time.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
are we going to have brawls in congress now, like they do in those asian countries?
Dude, that would be awesome

Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore and John Kerry all made the same claim.

It may have been premeditated, but not by Bush. In 1998, Congress passed and Bill Clinton signed a bill making regime change in Iraq official U.S. policy.

That was also said about al Qaeda and the Taliban... they would never attack the U.S. Unfortunately, they did. Big time.
Its easier for libs to Blame America.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.
I called Bushy a liar everytime he lied , and called him a lot worse , and he earned it all.

He owes America an apology for what he did to it.
His administration drove this country into the toilet...he should be hung for treason.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:17 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,545 times
Quote:

Why should people apologize for the truth?

The man was a conn-man. He was elected on a farse, supported through connections coming from his worthless dad, and was the only "president" greeted to his inauguration with rotten tomatoes and eggs thrown at his car.

People had a hunch already then something was wrong with that donkey!

Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Based on false information provided by the Executive Branch.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:27 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't remember that happening - can you post a link?

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Don't you just love it when this moron donkey would give a speech, and it somehow brought you back to the kiddie performances at Disneyland for the pre-schoolers?

Does there actually exist a single soul that felt any confidence in what this idiot was saying? Had any confidence in his mental alertness and reasoning?

I don't know of one.

I used to follow his talks on the WH website. I could tell how embarrassing it was for his staff to churn that out for the entire world to see. It reminded me of some eight year old trying to formulate his next boyscout outing.

And this was leading the country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies