Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Didnt you see the video? They didnt have to yell it was loud enough to keep him from speaking.
what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.
Answer:

None during Presidential addresses to either or both Houses of Congress.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
Joe Wilson has a right to his opinion. The issue he apologized for was breaking the "Rules of Decorum". As an elected official there are certain principles of civility he's required to observe.

Committee on Rules - Republicans

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
in the context that this was done? i would say NONE.

you have such a weak argument.

we are free to call obama and bush a liar and protest them, but the setting and circumstances under which this occurred were highly inappropriate.

are we going to have brawls in congress now, like they do in those asian countries?
Can you admit that in 2005 at the SOTU the Dems called names and made all kinds of group noises? Can you admit that the whole darned bunch laughed and giggled during Bush's SOTU acting worse than a bunch of third graders

Oh I forgot it is alright or them to act like that because of the far left double standard. they are allowed to do whatever they want but don't let one Republican to shout out the truth during one more campaign speech being delivered under the guise of one to the Congress. Just another campaign speech and it was handled so well by The Man. He just hestitated and went on with his speech which made him look almost as good as Bush did when the Dems acted their 3rd grader act. Oh yeah, a Republican heckles a bit and the MSM group goes wild. Pelosi to all you folks.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM

704 posts, read 1,872,894 times
Quote:
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.

I most certainly called Bush a liar, but never during a presidentail address. It's not what he said but when he said it. There is a certain level of decorum in the halls of congress when the president speaks. No one did this to Bush, no one.

...and by the way ELO sucks

Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,219,211 times
Quote:
I did. But it sure as hell wasn't on the floor of congress.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Joe Wilson has a right to his opinion. The issue he apologized for was breaking the "Rules of Decorum". As an elected official there are certain principles of civility he's required to observe.

Committee on Rules - Republicans
I agree with this a 100%. He has the right to have an opinion but he should have chosen a better time and place to voice his opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you admit that in 2005 at the SOTU the Dems called names and made all kinds of group noises? Can you admit that the whole darned bunch laughed and giggled during Bush's SOTU acting worse than a bunch of third graders

Oh I forgot it is alright or them to act like that because of the far left double
I don't remember that happening - can you post a link?

well this was posted yesterday. I guess as soon as people started complaining about Rep. Wilson someone was quick to point out "But Mommy they did it first" They don't really sound like "Boos" to me though just a lot of noise but I've got the speakers really low so it's hard to tell. I'll listen again later

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I most certainly called Bush a liar, but never during a presidentail address. It's not what he said but when he said it. There is a certain level of decorum in the halls of congress when the president speaks. No one did this to Bush, no one.

...and by the way ELO sucks
So, your conclusion is, its ok to do it to Bush, but not Obams huh? And as far as "ELO sucking"...i guess you would know all about sucking eh?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
many did, but you defended his lies that makes it bad

Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Society in general is loosing all sense of decorum and show no respect or manners anymore. People feel like they don't HAVE to, and that it's pointless to even try. If they disagree with someone it's open season to call attention to it no matter how rude or inappropriate it may be. It's not a Republican/conservative/Democrat/liberal issue. It's a human issue. And it's scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies