Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your estimate how many rallyists attended the 9-12 Taxpayer March in DC
Less than 25,000 30 20.13%
Near 50,000 23 15.44%
Near 75,000 21 14.09%
Near or over 100,000 59 39.60%
other 10 6.71%
not sure 6 4.03%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times

Advertisements

BigJon3475: That picture of the crowd in post 152 (the base image) is not of 9/12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right.

I guess the lefties were stung by the images of filth left over from the inauguration, they prowled around the event looking for "scandals".
lol...stung by your own ridiculous rhetoric in regard to other public events.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right.

I guess the lefties were stung by the images of filth left over from the inauguration, they prowled around the event looking for "scandals".
Stung?

A. It's old news.

B. GLORIOUS TRASH BEAUTIFULTRASH....

it all meant

OBAMA WON

And YOUR candidate didn't.....

Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Stung?

it all meant

OBAMA WON

And YOUR candidate didn't.....
I agree and after all is said and done, the heart of the matter is indeed that Obama WON and their candidate did not. Everything else that goes on (town hall meeting protesters, truthers, teabaggers, etc) - they are all smokescreens for what they are REALLY protesting: Obama winning the election and becoming the president of the United States of America.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I agree and after all is said and done, the heart of the matter is indeed that Obama WON and their candidate did not. Everything else that goes on (town hall meeting protesters, truthers, teabaggers, etc) - they are all smokescreens for what they are REALLY protesting: Obama winning the election and becoming the president of the United States of America.
You are wrong. People are prostesting generational theft and Obama's dishonesty.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:37 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You are wrong. People are prostesting generational theft and Obama's dishonesty.
Well, then, we should have been vehemently protesting for the last 8 years as the Bush/Cheney administration took us to war with Iraq and put our nation in horrendous debt. Did you miss that little chestnut? I won't even get into the "dishonesty" part of the prior administration as there is too much to list.

Do NOT tell me that I'm wrong. There is no doubt that WHOEVER took over the reigns this past January was going to be stuck with ONE BIG CONVULUTED MESS. However, instead of working together to fix our nation's problems, we have to still dispute the validity of Obama, make things up about him, etc. There is no desire to work together. Plus, how do people come together and work with sore losers? In my opinion, they should be ignored until they fade away. However, I do realize the strategy of "we're NOT going away". That's exactly what the teabaggers want. No one is naive enough to deny that. At least be honest about it.

Yes, I think it is the HATRED of Obama himself - plain and simple. Sure, it's not politically correct to say that, but it's true. He is not part of the Old Boys Network. To the established power players in this country, that is a very dangeous thing and he is a threat to their very way of life, of the things they've come to know and expect. I do believe that you believe that it's about the things that you mentioned (and I'm sure that many people do think the same thing), however, the truth of the matter is that Obama is a cog in the wheel for those who have held the power in our country for centuries.

There are six lobbyists for every Congress person. All of these lobbyists want their special interests to be upheld. A good number of Congress people (Republican AND Democrat) have a lot of palms to grease, a lot of favors that need to be returned. Of course, that's not what the peons (us) are told. They control "us" by dividing the American people; that way while we're busy fighting between ourselves, the foxes can rule the roosts and henhouses and all goes on as it always has.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I guess we should be lucky you did not call us all racists.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
8.5 million!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Keep up the good work.
The Democrats (Clinton & Obama) invented dishonesty.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I guess we should be lucky you did not call us all racists.
Feeling guilty about something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies