Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 03:26 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistLibertarian View Post
LOL point in case right here, kevk was never around on the thread about the white kid who was beaten by whites yet here he is screaming like a flaming liberal.Irony I swear.
Many times I read through entire threads and don't post because what I would have to say has already been covered. I think it may very well be the same for many here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 PM

247 posts, read 379,976 times
What this guy did is wrong, plain and simple. Men aren't supposed to hit women. Maybe his Daddy didn't teach him the right way? Doesn't matter, he'll find plenty of Daddy's in prison that will teach him respect, as well as offer to be his Daddy. LMAO @ justice has a funny twist sometimes, does it not?

Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I agree 100% with this. The FBI getting involved is just the federal government trampling state's rights.

Georgia does not have hate crime laws. Assault is a state crime, not a federal crime. The victim was off duty, not in uniform, not anywhere near a voting booth..... there is no legitimate reason for the feds to get involved.

This is aggravated assault, a state crime. And as Georgia does not have hate crime statutes, this is not a hate crime.
Good to know--since I live in GA. I can only assume that we have plenty of other statutes to cover such crimes.

The man indicted in the Walmart incident is still in jail, or was the last I heard. Couldn't make bond or maybe was denied bond, I'm not certain.

I suppose we can look forward to a visit from Geraldo and the victim will be on the Today Show. It was a disgusting display of brutality and it will not be taken lightly. As for why bystanders didn't get involved--it sounded like they were in the doorway and this happened very quickly. I would have been screaming for help--female that I am or tried to comfort the child. When I have visited the Cracker Barrel people generally seemed to be the kind that would try to help in such a situation.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:49 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
"Hate crime" legislation is stupid and Orwellian, a crime is a crime. It shouldn't matter what was going through the person's head while committing the crime.
Agreed, If you want to end up with a society with true equality, then you have to stop differentiating between beatings. A beating is a beating, it was unjustified whether the guy hates other races or not. He probably beats his wife too.
We have to stop mentioning what color everyone is.
color shouldnt matter.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I've intervened many times, and I still survive. Inshallah I would survive another incident if I were to intervene. If I see a woman being beaten up, I will intervene. That's just how it is. Old, young, white, black, other. Even if the guy is her boyfriend/husband and they both hate me for getting involved. No reason for a man to beat up a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not sure what your point is, or what you are suggesting? I dont believe anyone has even suggested an excuse. The fact that it is a man beating a woman is enough to outrage anyone of any political stance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
What this guy did is wrong, plain and simple. Men aren't supposed to hit women. Maybe his Daddy didn't teach him the right way? Doesn't matter, he'll find plenty of Daddy's in prison that will teach him respect, as well as offer to be his Daddy. LMAO @ justice has a funny twist sometimes, does it not?

PEOPLE shouldn't hit PEOPLE.

PEOPLE shouldn't beat PEOPLE.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Crime after crime by blacks you will never see their race mantioned but you sure as h*ll see it mention A LOT if it is white on black. This srory will get a blurb on the liberal stattions where it will be addressed fully on FOX, as it should be, regardless of the race but because it was an incident on a school bus.
You know, it would seem to me that FOX would report on the Army Reservist having the hell beaten out of her by the male pig. FOX supports our military like no other news outlet. If this story isn't reported by FOX I would be surprised.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:06 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Everybody needs to call your elected reps and DEMAND Federal Hate Crime charges against this racist conservative! The fact is (and I DO live in Georgia- this man will not spend a DAY in jail unless Federal charges are bought. In fact most of the locals down there probably approve of what he did which is why they did not interfere as she was stomped, kicked, called "dirty n***r" in front of her kid. Call the FBI too and DEMAND civil rights charges!!!

Police: Man Beat Woman At Cracker Barrel - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Yes Kev- that will be my number one thing to do today.

The guy should and will do jail time because he was an idiot who assaulted a WOMAN, not a BLACK WOMAN. I think that the term "hate crime" is redundant and they should just throw the loser in jail and let the fellows there take a crack at the brave man.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM

184 posts, read 511,282 times
The real purpose of hate-crime laws is to reassure politically significant groups -- blacks, Hispanics, Jews, gays, etc. -- that someone cares about them and takes their fears seriously. It comes at the cost of punishing thought and speech. The added "late hit" of a hate crime is without any real consequence, except as a precedent for the punishment of belief or speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Harsher penalty for racially motivated crime = more deterrence of said crime.
I doubt that any group of drunken rednecks is going to hesitate in their pummeling of a black person on account of it being a hate crime. If they are not already deterred by the conventional penalties -- prison, etc. -- then why would additional penalties deter them? And if, in fact, they kept their mouths shut, refrained from the N-word, and simply made the beating or the killing seem one triggered by some other reason, then they would not be accused of hate -- merely of murder or some such trifle. If, though, they gave vent to their thoughts, they would be in for real trouble.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:17 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Harsher penalty for racially motivated crime = more deterrence of said crime.
ahh. thought police.

why would one beatdown be more worrisome than another.

2 people take a serious beating one for being white/black/gay/not gay etc... the other for 5 bucks.

both end up in the hospital. both have broken bones. both live a life of pain afterwards.

one victim gets justice with the perp going to jail for 5 years. the other gets justice with the perp gettting 15 years.

your telling me that is real justice?

I dont get that at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Are you trying to make Atlanta out to be a white city that hates blacks? Come on, Kev! I live in Atlanta too. Atlanta is black and Clayton County is black. This guy is toast.

- Reel

Seriously, this man was in Clayton County, he had ample oppurtunities to take his transgressions out on a black male, its not like we are hard to find in ClayCo. But yet he chose to beat up a woman with a child. Im sure he ran across quite a few young dread heads whom he could've tried to beat up before he even encountered this woman. But all that aside, this dude is gonna served up real nice in the Clayton County jail, in fact Im sure he is probably in the isolation unit, the guards know better than to throw him in gen-pop. Matter of fact he was probably one of those holdovers from the days when Clayton was all white, and he just couldn't afford to move to Henry County like everyone else did, and he was just mad that his county went from an episode of "Dukes of Hazzard" to an episode of "The Wire" in just 20 years LOL......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies