Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Um sorry Sgoldie I'm not a share-cropper or poor farmer living in the dust bowl in 1940's, that needs to pop out 20 kids to work the farm, while i receive a guberment sponsored farming food program handout. Hopefully my tolddler will know how to make some money selling the toys i buy them on ebay

I'm going antique shopping tomorrow....Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm going antique shopping tomorrow....Thank you!
I thought you said you were already married...

Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The younger generation is sorely lacking in common sense and education. Whiners, almost every single one!
What's really interesting about all of this is that they are paying now, and will continue to pay .... And when they become older than dirt, they'll have the great comfort in knowing that their kids will be paying for them.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
What's really interesting about all of this is that they are paying now, and will continue to pay .... And when they become older than dirt, they'll have the great comfort in knowing that their kids will be paying for them.
My bifocals are a bit scratched up. Who did this whippersnapper say paid for his private education? If it was his parents, I wonder if he's paid them back or if his reserves are going for used ebay toys for his kid (can you imagine? Giving your toddler something that someone else slobbered all over and probably worse!! Somebody, quick, call social services, this is child abuse!)

Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
My bifocals are a bit scratched up. Who did this whippersnapper say paid for his private education? If it was his parents, I wonder if he's paid them back or if his reserves are going for used ebay toys for his kid (can you imagine? Giving your toddler something that someone else slobbered all over and probably worse!! Somebody, quick, call social services, this is child abuse!)

The answer is

No - haven't paid them back yet (but will hopefully soon)

No- don't have kids yet, so it was a hypothetical (and it was under the assumption that my toddler would be brilliant enough to create his own ebay company to sell the toys i bought him/her

Glad you have a sense of humor sio

Old 09-18-2009, 10:16 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Geez, what pressure for the little tyke. Maybe you'd be better off to go the cloning route?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:09 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Dear dorock,
That "extremely small 5%" you mention damned near pay 100% of the taxes - we'll be fine!

Signed,
Grandpa

P.S. - You better pray the Death Panel gets Grandma first - you pissed her off and she wants to give all our money to her cats!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I thought you said you were already married...
Ha ha! Got me on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

Think the young 'uns been spanked enough ???? Little wretch got his private education handed to him and now he "will hopefuly maybe soon as he gets that high paying job with perks and all...." pay them back...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
The answer is

No - haven't paid them back yet (but will hopefully soon)

No- don't have kids yet, so it was a hypothetical (and it was under the assumption that my toddler would be brilliant enough to create his own ebay company to sell the toys i bought him/her

Glad you have a sense of humor sio
What's "sio" ?

And don't worry dorock, youthful "innocence" can be overcome if you pay attention along the way.....

Old 09-19-2009, 05:37 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Dear dorock,
That "extremely small 5%" you mention damned near pay 100% of the taxes - we'll be fine!

Signed,
Grandpa
I don't think that "libertarian-minded" dorock understands his dependence on YOU and how long you have paid more than your share.

Dorock, in case you're curious; the top 5% pays 60% of the income taxes collected. The top 10% pays 71% of income taxes collected. Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search

Old 09-19-2009, 05:48 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
This is the most entertaining thread that I've read in a long time! And liberals and conservatives are actually standing on some common ground!-----interesting!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies