Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
C'mon. Just gentle ribbing. I really wasn't trying to mean really. Sorry if it bothered you, I won't do it again. My apologies.

No, I don't work for an insurance company. In fact, I only held "jobs" when I was young and stupid. Once I gathered a few brain cells and realized that only I was going to pay myself what I thought I was worth, I never worked for another employer again. Selling my own services, not relying on an employer to use me, proved to be very profitable.

I do not think that punishing others because I am jealous is "right", "just", or American in my humble opinion. It is not my "right" to take from others against their will now that I am living comfortably and it was not my "right" to do so when I slept on a park bench for nearly six months when I was a teen.

Theft is theft regardless of who receives the stolen property. Unless this bill is passed, insurance companies will not have stolen from anyone either. It is people who choose to do business with them that provide their profits. It is no more right for you to claim that they don't deserve that money than it would be for me to claim that you don't deserve whatever you have earned legally. It is simply thuggery, theft, and extortion that this healthcare bill represents and nothing more. It is Unconstitutional, immoral, and evil. If you believe that all people are created equally and should be treated equally under the law you could not see it in any other way.
Very well said, I could not agree more. You deserve Rep. for this post, but I have to "spread it around" first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies