Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Since you claim to have received an "A", then maybe you can connect the dots from the

"Who is to blame"

questions asked, to the OP's claim that the country isnt center right. The questions had nothing to do with left/right.. Questions had nothing to do with where one stands on a political spectrum..
Considering that right considers Obama to be an ideological marriage of everything from Hitler to Mao, agreeing with him even a little bit would make one at the very least as ultra left as... Joe Hill.

(sorry I was listening to Robeson)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Since you claim to have received an "A", then maybe you can connect the dots from the

"Who is to blame"

questions asked, to the OP's claim that the country isnt center right. The questions had nothing to do with left/right.. Questions had nothing to do with where one stands on a political spectrum..
I was referring to how polls are conducted. I do not speak for the OP.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering that right considers Obama to be an ideological marriage of everything from Hitler to Mao, agreeing with him even a little bit would make one at the very least as ultra left as... Joe Hill.

(sorry I was listening to Robeson)
Considering that the political spectrum isnt left or right, its more of a triangle, I'd say lumping everyone who disagrees with Obama as "right" is just pathetic, especially considering that we have such evidence like "the birthers" who are indeed left, Hillary Clinton supporters..

Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Excuse me? Someone asked 1,005 people some questions and then extrapolated that to "prove" what a nation of almost 300 million thinks? Evidently, the tinfoil hat brigade has been active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
this poll is meaningless. 1,000 people? sorry but hardly a poll speaking for America.
Math is hard.

That being said, I'd like a link as well. There can easily be a multitude of problems with the poll, but sample size isn't one of them.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
NY Times / ABC / NY Liberals / credibility = zero....

Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Awesome Poll.

So glad to see that the American people arent falling for the GOP spin machine.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
I prefer this poll. CBS/NYT always has the finger on the scale. Look at the demographics in the poll.

“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You two need to take basic statistics. It isn't hard. I got an "A".
The fact that you took "basic statistics" doesn't justify the fact that you can't tell what 300 million people think based on the opinions of 1,000. That's called "common sense," and I got an A in that.

And as a couple of other posters pointed out, we don't know who those thousand-and-five people were. Were they rich people, poor people, Democrats, Republicans, easterners, westerners. Were they even American citizens, for heaven's sake? Do you have any idea, and if so, why are you keeping it a secret?

Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I prefer this poll. CBS/NYT always has the finger on the scale. Look at the demographics in the poll.

“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group
Hard to have one's finger on the scale in a random sample, that's why they are called random samples.

Also, shock and horror, there might just be some self describe conservatives out their who might like a little health care reform...

Question #1. Regardless of how you usually vote, who do you think has a better idea...

Well even if you don't like Obama's idea, at least has one. Even conservatives can understand that one.

Question #2. Has Obama/Repulicans clearly explained his/theri plans...

Surprise, surprise. One guy has and the other guys and gals haven't. See above.

Question #3. Approval rating.

If they don't like Obama, it doesn't look like that dislike transfers over the Repugs be you conservative or otherwise.

Question #4. Whose playing nice with the other side.

Even Stevie Wonder can see this one.

Question #5. Not great numbers of Obama which gives credence to my argument #1.

Question #6. Who to blame..

Duh!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Any poll question that starts with "Regardless of how you usually vote..." is inherently flawed and pretty much renders the rest of the poll of the same people worthless.

Who amongst us could actually set aside ideological partisanship 100% to answer a poll, but not set it aside for any other reason, such as supporting candidates and fighting ideological battles?

Flawed from the beginning and holds no water in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies