Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of interracial marriage?
I approve of interracial marriage 163 83.59%
I disapprove of interracial marriage 29 14.87%
Not sure 3 1.54%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:18 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times

Advertisements

im starting to think chattypatty is a troll. i suspected it with the first thread about thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:30 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why didn't they just go to another county instead of making an issue out of this.

That Justice of the Peace obviously has a record of being a racist because he's denied marrying couples of different ethnicities before.

Racists and bigots exist, everyone isn't going to love everybody or be welcoming of everything on the planet.

Intolerance, racism and bigotry are borne out of irrational emotions and you can't legislate emotions because people are going to behave the way they want regardless of what the law says.

Get used to it and move on.
Same thing with murder. Most times iz juss a crime of passion...city folk don't understand that!...passion is an emotion... so logically therefore etc ya'll shud juss git used to it and move on down yonder away from America if you don't love our kind!

13 people?
what the ****?

Old 10-16-2009, 02:34 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I used the term deeply devout. I dont think zealot is the right word... but that is from my perspective of being deeply devout... I can see why you would use the term you did...

all I can say is I wish you both well... and remember that the key is commitment to the relationship.

The reason I use zealot is because to me, a zealot is a person who has a need to to inflict their belief on others. To me this is not neccessarily equivalent to a person who is devout, because to me, that can simply mean that they, personally, are very spiritual and dedicated to whatever they believe, but dont neccessarily need to spread that on to others.

I think a person who is devout, even deeply, so much as they have an appreciation for other beliefs, can get along perfectly ok with a person who doesnt believe the same.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Considering no one even reads my past posts, and that something that outrageous couldn't be anything but sarcasm.....eh, never mind.
I figured it had to be. I laughed.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:48 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Well, for black people, race is much more than skin color, and you know it. Where did the term "Oreo" come from?
You are stereotyping again. Im sure for all races, that race is an issue with some people of each respective race. That doesnt mean its not bigotry, and it certainly is not unique to "black people".

Quote:
It came from black people who resented that some blacks had dark skin color but "acted like whites." How can you "act like whites" if blacks and whites don't have different cultural aspects? Blacks will be the FIRST to defend that they have their own culture, so don't lay that bs at my doorstep.
SOME "black people" call other "black people" "oreos" because they perceive then to not be acting a way that they perceive to be "black" behavior. That does not mean that behavior actually is "black" behavior. Then again, this is nothing different then can be witnessed in all races.

As for "black" people having their own culture, what, exactly, do Americans that have dark skin, do, that isnt done or experienced or enjoyed by Americans of all skin colors?

The fact is, anything you want to uniquely pin on "black" culture, has been woven in to the fabric of Americana.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
so difficult they can never aspire to be anything... like US president right?

(i didnt read the thread all the way thru, so if someone made that comment, forgive me.)

its not the children that we need to change, its the bigots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I certainly approve of interracial relationships and certainly marriage, having participated in the former many times, including my current one. That being said, I am sympathetic to justice, as his concerns for their mixed race offspring is legitimate:

Sadly, he is correct that it is difficult for mixed race children to be accepted, however, what he did is clearly wrong. He had absolutely no right to deny the couple a marriage license based solely out of concern for children they may or may not have. That is really none of his business.

Ahem.. The Taliban reunited Afghanistan and restored order after a long and bloody civil war. They also almost completely eradicated heroin production in the country, which is far more than the US has accomplished.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Let me guess you are against interracial marriages and relationships?
I believe the subject of my interaction with Randomdude is inter-religious marriage.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:28 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
How did I manage to miss all the memos on what balck people do...I'm filing a complaint with my post office
just want to let you know that your quick wit does not go unnoticed.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
I believe the subject of my interaction with Randomdude is inter-religious marriage.
I realize that, I was just asking your view on interracial marriage as well. Btw, as I mentioned earlier at least three marriages on the block I use to live had one spouse being Jewish and the other Catholic.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:03 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,636 times
Another reason why I live on the West Coast. We have many mixed couples here and its more widely accepted. I can't speak for other states, as I know some parts may accept it and some may not. The west coast has some idiots out here as well, but so many people would be barking about that if that happened in California.

What's really interesting is the people on (this forum) here that don't approve of it...hmmmmmmmmm....shouldn't be up to the person to choose who they want to marry? Misery loves company. Don't buy into the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies